Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Solomon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Just saw on hoops hype that we were interested in Bazemore but ATL didn’t want solo
    With Bazemore's contract, Atlanta is not really going to get much better than Solo and a 2nd (with someone like Liggins thrown in to match salaries).

2016-2017 Hill was his best season. That version of Hill still isnt very good and wildly inconsistent, but if he comes in and plays that version of slightly above average defense on sfs and shoots 35-36% on 3s then he's worth 20-25 minutes.

A healthy solomon Hill is an ok player. Way overpaid, but better than we can hope a guy off the street will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    2016-2017 Hill was his best season. That version of Hill still isnt very good and wildly inconsistent, but if he comes in and plays that version of slightly above average defense on sfs and shoots 35-36% on 3s then he's worth 20-25 minutes.

A healthy solomon Hill is an ok player. Way overpaid, but better than we can hope a guy off the street will be.
    Talk about depressing

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post

IDK, we got Darius Miller and James Ennis off the street and I would argue both have been better players for us than Solo. I'm not so sure he actually displaces Miller/Moore in the SF rotation, and I think with Randle his chances for minutes at PF are also lower than any year he's been here.

I want him to work out as much as everyone else, but he just isnt a great fit for most lineups unless he can drastically improve his reliability from three or step up as a facilitator and finisher. As is he is getting the Rondo treatment and turning that into worse percentages than Rondo.

If Jrue and AD were closer to being 39% three point shooters, if Payton was a quality shooter, if we weren't going to be dedicating a healthy chunk of minutes to Randle, then I think you can live with a Solo at 20-25 minutes. But as is you just can't run too many lineups with Solo because of spacing IMO. So I do wonder how, barring injury or leap in play, how he cracks 15 minutes?

Like I cringe at what I worry will be an early season lineup of Payton, Jrue, Solo, AD Randle/Niko. You're only reliable three point shooter is Niko. Defenses will live with anyone else taking those shots, which means lots of double teams and a clogged interior.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    IDK, we got Darius Miller and James Ennis off the street and I would argue both have been better players for us than Solo. I'm not so sure he actually displaces Miller/Moore in the SF rotation, and I think with Randle his chances for minutes at PF are also lower than any year he's been here.

I want him to work out as much as everyone else, but he just isnt a great fit for most lineups unless he can drastically improve his reliability from three or step up as a facilitator and finisher. As is he is getting the Rondo treatment and turning that into worse percentages than Rondo.

If Jrue and AD were closer to being 39% three point shooters, if Payton was a quality shooter, if we weren't going to be dedicating a healthy chunk of minutes to Randle, then I think you can live with a Solo at 20-25 minutes. But as is you just can't run too many lineups with Solo because of spacing IMO. So I do wonder how, barring injury or leap in play, how he cracks 15 minutes?

Like I cringe at what I worry will be an early season lineup of Payton, Jrue, Solo, AD Randle/Niko. You're only reliable three point shooter is Niko. Defenses will live with anyone else taking those shots, which means lots of double teams and a clogged interior.
    James Ennis played all of 9 games for us. Weve had more failed players on in season minimums than successes. Im not sure Darius Miller has played better than healthy Hill. I love his shooting but his defense is pretty bad.

I doubt Hill and Payton will play very many minutes together if any. Hill will be on the floor with Mirotic a lot.

Here's what Im seeing right now

Payton (24) / Holiday (18) / Clark (6)
    Holiday (18) / Moore (15) / Clark (9) / Miller (6)
    Moore (15) / Hill (20) / Miller (13)
    Davis (22) / Mirotic (26) / Hill (spot minutes)
    Randle (34) / Davis (14)

with Jackson trying to steal minutes from Clark and Miller and Diallo trying to Hills spot as 4th big

Thread Information