.
Pelicans Report
 
Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Garlon Green signed multi year deal

  1. #1
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,755

    Garlon Green signed multi year deal



  2. #2
    The Franchise kinglio21093's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,175
    I actually have no idea who this is.

  3. #3
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,755
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I actually have no idea who this is.
    He led the SL team in points.

  4. #4
    The Franchise kinglio21093's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,175
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    He led the SL team in points.
    Our Summer League team? I didn't really watch a whole lot lol.

  5. #5
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,755
    Yep.

  6. #6
    Charter Member Contributor PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    19,873
    Gerald Green's brother. Just a camp invite is my guess. He will be looking to earn the other 2-way.

  7. #7
    According to Keith Smith of RealGM, “Green’s contract is expected to include some guaranteed money for 2018-19 and be non-guaranteed with trigger dates TBD in future years.”

    https://www.frogsowar.com/2018/7/23/...-with-pelicans

    Doesn't look like a two way. Looks like he's on the roster.

  8. #8
    Well I have always wanted to bring Gerald Green to this team to help at the 3, so maybe his younger brother Garlon can give us something close to what we would get with Gerald. I have never heard of him, but hopefully he has some of Gerald’s athleticism and shooting ability.

  9. #9
    Hmmm....another Darius Miller type of signing. Hope he can replicate some of Miller’s success from early last season.

  10. #10
    This is crazy to me. I grew up playing against him and watching him since middle school. Never thought he would be a NBA player despite being a crazy athlete. Kudos to him for working and staying with it.

  11. #11
    Shot 45% from 3 last season. Over 50% from the floor. Extremely athletic wing. Not sure if he will crack the rotation though. Won't hurt to bring him in camp to see more of him.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    According to Keith Smith of RealGM, “Green’s contract is expected to include some guaranteed money for 2018-19 and be non-guaranteed with trigger dates TBD in future years.”

    https://www.frogsowar.com/2018/7/23/...-with-pelicans

    Doesn't look like a two way. Looks like he's on the roster.
    It's a way to give the guy some guaranteed money and still have a look at him in camp. If he makes it onto the the full team then it will show something. Right now it's just a camp body.

  13. #13
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,866
    Turns out Gerald is actually his Dad!

    Garlon Green

    Basketball player
    Image result for carlon green
    Born: 11 January 1991 (age 27 years), Houston, Texas, United States
    Height: 2.01 m

    Parents: Gerald Green, Brenda Green

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It's a way to give the guy some guaranteed money and still have a look at him in camp. If he makes it onto the the full team then it will show something. Right now it's just a camp body.
    Any word on the guaranteed money? probably 50 bucks or something LOL

  15. #15
    No highlight reel yet?

  16. #16

  17. #17
    Cool, I hope.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    At least he has hops!

  19. #19
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    27,101
    Don't be misled. He meant to do that because they only had .4 seconds left and were going to miss the FT on purpose. And once the ball comes off the rim, the clock runs. And they game would've ended.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    This is crazy to me. I grew up playing against him and watching him since middle school. Never thought he would be a NBA player despite being a crazy athlete. Kudos to him for working and staying with it.
    That's pretty cool.

    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Turns out Gerald is actually his Dad!



    Haha. Guess the Gerald we know is a junior.

  21. #21
    Hollygrove 4 Life DroopyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Too far from Home
    Posts
    5,695
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    He led the SL team in points.
    Weird... I thought Bleuitt (sp?) led the team. I don't even remember seeing Green in the games that I saw. Hope he pans out.

  22. #22
    Charter Member Contributor PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    19,873
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    He led the SL team in points.
    Huh? Diallo led the team in points. Green only averaged about 9 points a game. I think he got half of his points in one game.

  23. #23
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,755
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Weird... I thought Bleuitt (sp?) led the team. I don't even remember seeing Green in the games that I saw. Hope he pans out.
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Huh? Diallo led the team in points. Green only averaged about 9 points a game. I think he got half of his points in one game.
    Yeah I have no idea what I read.....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •