Pelicans Report

Thread: Lineups for PELS

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

Lineups for PELS

I think the PELS still have major weaknesses that will limit them. How are we going to beat the WARRIORS? That’s what I want to know. Having a good season is nice but we want to win it all. The window is closing.

I have a few questions. If you were to rate our players from top to bottom what would it be?

Here is my view: STARS: AD, Jrue.
    Borderline STARS: Randle, Niko
    SOLID PLAYERS: Moore, Clark, Miller
    POSSIBLE IMPACT PLAYERS: Payton, Jackson, Diallo, Blueitt
    WEAK: Hill, Ajinca

This team could be very good.
    STRENGTHS: defense, pace, possible chemistry, AD dominance.
    WEAKNESS: lack of depth, lacking vet presence, rebounding, less bbiq than last year, leadership?
    Shooting, size?

Here is my lineups:
    STARTERS: Payton, Jrue, Hill, AD, Randle

OTHER ROTATIONS:
    Payton, Jrue, Moore, AD, Randle.

Jrue, Moore, Miller, Niko, Randle

One of the best things that could happen is AD develop a legit 3 point shot. I want AD to hit 3s at 39 percent and take 3-4 a game. Randle can drive and dish. We HAVE to improve 3 point shooting and rebounding. Our team will go far if it adds a solid vet and a SF who can hit 3s. We need depth. More 3 point shooting and depth can help us beat the warriors. How would you play the warriors?

I would put Jrue on Curry, Randle on Durant, Hill on Klay, AD and Niko on Draymond and Boogie. Play super fast especially when Cousins on floor.

We need a miracle. We need Jackson to be a star or Diallo to make a huge jump in his development. We need that along with Payton playing at a solid starter level.

I want to add a vet and a SF or PG. we still need to retool our roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39%? Asking way too much. That's like elite shooter statuts

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Yeah I'd be happy for league average.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    He has to get to that level if we are going to win a championship. At least 37 percent decent volume shooting. Warriors have 5 3 point shooters on court once boogie is back. We will need to add shooting. Best way to do that is develop our guys to be shooters. If we added Hood we’d be one step closer. We need Moore, Niko, Jrue and AD hitting 3s. I would trade to get Hood and possibly Schroeder. We HAVE to get shooting. At least a top 5 3 point shooting team. Defense isn’t enough to beat them. I’m not lowering my standards. We have to beat the warriors. I’m sick of them. Get deeper on bench, stay fast and young, play defense and shoot....

You can beat the Warriors with defense. The flavor of the month is the Rockets way but we can out D them and win. Heck.....wasn't it rebounds that killed us a lot in this last series? We won't out three the Warriors. We'd be fools to go in just trying to best them at their own game.

But I dig the lineup. Only thing I could see going the other way is Hill. Dude was hobbled. He's a possible solid player.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    You can beat the Warriors with defense. The flavor of the month is the Rockets way but we can out D them and win. Heck.....wasn't it rebounds that killed us a lot in this last series? We won't out three the Warriors. We'd be fools to go in just trying to best them at their own game.

But I dig the lineup. Only thing I could see going the other way is Hill. Dude was hobbled. He's a possible solid player.
    We have to improve 3 point shooting, defense, and play even faster. Rockets defended the perimeter better than any team in the league. He WARRIORS shut our offense down for long periods. We have great offense but it has to be better.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I think we wait to trade Hill. See how healthy he is and if he can be a defensive presence. He wasn't healthy last year and it showed. Show teams he's healthy and trade him at the deadline. Right now we should trade Ajinca. Just try and get a piece back

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I don't think our goal should be to beat the Warriors. I think our goal should be to get as many wins/high a seed as possible. There's only going to be 4-5 teams that have legit chances to win every year the way the NBA is headed. Hard cap is really needed.

It’s a little early to show possible playoff matchups against the Warriors. It’s a long season and injuries happen. We didn’t have Boogie in the playoffs and didn’t have Nico on the team this time last year as well. Who knows what will happen lineup wise for both teams? Boogie may never be healthy and could possibly come off the bench to not effect the starting 5 they use most season. Don’t forget to add Miller as a 3 point shooter as he may be the best one on the team, but like I said earlier who knows if he will still be on the team come playoff time.

I say no to adding Schroeder. We have a guy that could possibly be about the same as him in Payton. Jrue will play some point guard in every game and Clark isn’t such a bad backup. I wish we could of added Isaiah Thomas cause if healthy he would of helped us possibly get over the hump with his offense off the bench. I would love to add Hood, but it is gonna be hard to make that happen. I almost rather wait to midsession when teams are totally out of it and more willing to cut their losses to try to get draft picks for next year. I rather just sign a couple of guys for the minimum till then unless Hill becomes the player Dell thought he would become. I would go after Nick Young, Shabazz Muhammad, Treveon Graham, or Corey Brewer for the minimum to battle with Hill & Miller for minutes at the 3. And if I could fit him in and he will also come for the minimum I’d sign local bigman Greg Monroe to replace Emeka Okafor. We would have a decent roster to start with and hopefully later during the season we could make a move for a good small forward for our playoff run.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    I think we wait to trade Hill. See how healthy he is and if he can be a defensive presence. He wasn't healthy last year and it showed. Show teams he's healthy and trade him at the deadline. Right now we should trade Ajinca. Just try and get a piece back
    We overpayed for Hill, but there aren't too many other 6'8 guys out there on the market who can defend like Hill can.

He stays unless we can get a Harrison Barnes back

The addition of Randle allows us to switch everything on defense. That's how the Rockets played such good defense they were able to switch, and as good as GS is they really only have 1 ISO player (KD). Steph can ISO but he'll look more for his shot than try to attack.

You build your team to beat GS... that's what we're doing. I like it. If Payton can run the offense anywhere near Rondo I think we'll be fine.

I dont know what percentage AD needs nor how long he has to average it.... but I do know that if opposing defenses ever get scared of Davis' 3-pt shot

he will become the best player on the planet for a couple of years at least

Thread Information