Pelicans Report

Thread: Pelicans vs Heat Summer League (Bracket round)

Pelicans Pelicans vs Heat Summer League (Bracket round)

Its on NBATV right now... Here's the game info.

http://www.nba.com/games/20180712/MIANOP#/matchup

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Thanks for the updates guys. You’re really helping us workbound folk.

We Trevon Blewit

Diallo with a great stat line. Telling you this guy is a legit rotation player now, needs some burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Diallo with a great stat line. Telling you this guy is a legit rotation player now, needs some burn.
    You obviously didn't watch the game/just saw the box score.

Anybody who watched Diallo in these four games is far more discouraged than encouraged after this Summer League. Even though the stats looked good. He was not impressive. At all.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You obviously didn't watch the game/just saw the box score.

Anybody who watched Diallo in these four games is far more discouraged than encouraged after this Summer League. Even though the stats looked good. He was not impressive. At all.
    I agree... He made too many mistakes out there. He was slow getting to the perimeter on defense. I did like his aggressiveness, as usual, but I expected less mistakes. I am confident Diallo will have a great year still, as he is consistently become a spark plug off the bench for the pels, as of last year... He is just a little over-eager and it shows with some of his mistakes... At least Cheick ALWAYS brings the passion.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I can’t dismiss what he did, because he didn’t do this last year. It’s some kind of improvement. I think he’ll never look totally comfortable on the court. He’ll always have that clumsy, baby giraffe look to him and he’s surprisingly below the rim.

But whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I think he’ll never look totally comfortable on the court. He’ll always have that clumsy, baby giraffe look to him and he’s surprisingly below the rim.
    That makes me think of Ryan Bowen.

I’m sure it’s quite different for Diallo playing in SL as opposed to with an NBA playoff caliber team. Especially being a big you are relying on a lot of stuff to react off of on both sides of the ball that’s led by the back court. With defensive mistakes he has no one helping him or calling anything out where to be but in the NBA he has guys like Rondo, Jrue, AD, and coaches screaming on every single possession what to do. Having a good stat line is absolutely big for him and it shows what he is capable of doing. I would be concerned if he was a big not getting the rebounds and easy buckets. He was $ from the FT line as well which is a huge asset for a big and it can translate into a very consistent jumper. Things flow much more smoothly in the big leagues and someone like Diallo will benefit the most in that environment. Remember Diallo still is raw and has a ton of time to continue improve. He is only 21 years old and should be getting drafted. He could have done more more but I saw close to what I was hoping to see from him.

IMO when someone says they are gonna be the MVP of anything, they will do worse than if they didn’t say anything at all. That was dumb and put pressure on him that was not needed. I like the confidence and all, but I rather him say I’m gonna use SL to get better so I can show coach that I will do whatever the team needs me to do once the NBA season starts PERIOD. Who was last years SL MVP? I don’t no and don’t care lol

Thread Information