.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 35 of 35

Thread: Letís Talk Bluiett

  1. #26
    Hollygrove 4 Life DroopyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Too far from Home
    Posts
    5,707
    Back to Bleuitt...







    Dude put up points at Xavier.


  2. #27
    The Franchise pawel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    How you know this?
    Sources.

    Even Shams and Woj wont say what the sources are.

    But in this case they were not Pelicans related.

    Does not matter. It was two years ago

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    I remember looking at it last summer league, believe it is 4 years or under of NBA service to be eligible for a 2 way.
    I wouldnt mind somehow getting Anthony Randolph back in the league with us. seemingly, he's all grown up

    https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/18/1...venia-comeback

  4. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    I wouldnt mind somehow getting Anthony Randolph back in the league with us. seemingly, he's all grown up

    https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/18/1...venia-comeback
    I always wanted to bring Anthony Randolph to this team. Crazy that he is just 28 years old considering he’s been around a while. Sounds like he will only come back to the league if he gets considerable minutes. With Randle and Nico, I doubt he would come here. Unless he is quick, agile, and can shoot good enough to play small forward, but it sounds like he has finally put on some good weight. If we were to move Nico later in the year than I could see us possibly adding him.

  5. #30
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! bahmamamba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,789


    Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

  6. #31
    Trevon Blueitt, Pelicans: Sure, Blueitt might not be able to do much else in an NBA uniform other than shoot, but in his time in Las Vegas, he showed he can do that very, very well, averaging 18.3 points and making 53.6 percent of his 3s. That should have come as no surprise — he shot 41.7 percent from the 3-point line at Xavier.

    Maybe the only surprise is that the Pels gave Blueitt a two-way G-League contract, allowing him to come up for 45 days. For a team always looking to add perimeter shooting help, Blueitt may have warranted a full rookie minimum deal.

    http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/n...s1xx5j862ce9a9
    This is a bad move by our FO. He should have been given the full rookie contract.

  7. #32
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! bahmamamba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,789
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyF View Post
    This is a bad move by our FO. He should have been given the full rookie contract.
    why?

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyF View Post
    This is a bad move by our FO. He should have been given the full rookie contract.
    I don't think you understand how a two way contract works.

    He can be on the regular team for 45 days out of the season, not counting being able to be at the training camp, all practices before the season, and preseason games. The rest of the time he will spent in the G League.

    By signing a two-way contract he is exclusive to us. No other team can swoop in and steal him until the contract is up. Bluiett's contract is for at least this season. At any time if he shows he is a rotation player or once his 45 days are up we can sign him to a contract with the team.

    A two-way contract is quite literally the best possible contract for the team to sign him to. It has absolutely zero downside for us and tons of upside, specifically by signing him to a two-way contract he doesn't eat a normal roster spot so we can keep one open for other moves.

  9. #34
    The Franchise pawel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    2,198
    Why there is no upvote button?

    Giving him two-way was masterpiece. Let him show what he is worth. If he will be fine - he will sign regular minimum deal. If not - he may be waived without cap hit.

    Pels are looking for players this season. To win. And to show AD a real team. To sign supermax.

    Nothing else matters.

    So roster spot will be given to vet. Not rookie.

    Giving him two-way and deciding before draft that Dell will draft and stash player were very good team building moves. For present and future.

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't think you understand how a two way contract works.

    He can be on the regular team for 45 days out of the season, not counting being able to be at the training camp, all practices before the season, and preseason games. The rest of the time he will spent in the G League.

    By signing a two-way contract he is exclusive to us. No other team can swoop in and steal him until the contract is up. Bluiett's contract is for at least this season. At any time if he shows he is a rotation player or once his 45 days are up we can sign him to a contract with the team.

    A two-way contract is quite literally the best possible contract for the team to sign him to. It has absolutely zero downside for us and tons of upside, specifically by signing him to a two-way contract he doesn't eat a normal roster spot so we can keep one open for other moves.
    I agree, frankly the worry would of been if he had continued to play at his peak level all summer league that you get into a mini bidding war and either lose him ala Seth Curry, or you are forced to commit to a full contract on a guy that despite his performance is still a bit of a question mark as a viable long-term NBA player given his physical limitations.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •