Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gentry doesn't seem to happy about Boogie being gone, said AD wanted him back

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    How do you know we didn't try to do a meeting at midnight and Cousins refused? Will Guillory the writer for the Pels when asked why we didn't setup a meeting with Cousins basically said just this, "It takes two sides to meet."

https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/sta...958983169?s=19
    I never caught this part. Didnt know they were trying to set up a meeting. Felt like they just made a courtesy call

Can we delete this thread and start a new one so people who don't watch the video aren't fooled by the OP trolling? Lol

It has to be trolling, right? He said they jumped on JR as soon as he became available. The whole "you'll have to ask Dell" about the Boogie moves comes across more like he's deflecting the question. Not mad at all.........just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by TPDG22 View Post
    Let it go! Boogie dipped and we got Randle to replace him. It is what it is.
    I just hope everything works out and AD is happy. Felt like we were building something unstoppable and we lose a superstar. Either way it's the summer, news is slow, imaginations run wild lol

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Can we delete this thread and start a new one so people who don't watch the video aren't fooled by the OP trolling? Lol

It has to be trolling, right? He said they jumped on JR as soon as he became available. The whole "you'll have to ask Dell" about the Boogie moves comes across more like he's deflecting the question. Not mad at all.........just weird.
    Idk how it came off as trolling, I gave my opinion of what I saw.. sorry if it didnt align with your opinion of what you saw

I FIND THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD VERY MISLEADING.

Plenty of other quotes that support the opposite of the down trodden tone.

Gentry is happy, AD is happy, Boogie is happy, Randle is happy. I'm happy, it's a new season!

Ps screw eric gordon and sign a SF

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    I FIND THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD VERY MISLEADING.

Plenty of other quotes that support the opposite of the down trodden tone.

Gentry is happy, AD is happy, Boogie is happy, Randle is happy. I'm happy, it's a new season!

Ps screw eric gordon and sign a SF
    VERY MISLEADING
    I'm a grinder

Gentry didnt seem happy with Boogie leaving, said AD doesnt want him back. See nothing misleading about that and I had supportive reasons as to why. Gentry said clearly that the rumors of AD not wanting Boogie back could'nt have been further from the truth. He praised Boogie in every way and didnt seem happy with him leaving.

The only thing that could be seen as misleading is what I added in the OP about not seeming sure about Randle fit. But that's not in the title.
    Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 07-10-2018 at 06:50 PM.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    That lux tax number would be crazy. But they can afford it.
    You’re right but they would def pay it.

It's misleading because it sounds like he and Davis are unhappy with the organization and it's decision not to sign boogie. Saying they are unhappy with Boogies decision sounds totally different.

Those are your own assumptions, never said anything about either being upset with the organization in the title or OP.

Although I think it's something that should be monitored. I remember when Byron was fired people said CP was cool with it. I remember when TC was first traded, people said CP was cool with it. And I also remember the following year CP requesting a trade.

AD wants to win championships, not just go to the playoffs. This is basically our last season to build a contender around AD, before the trade rumours ramp up, and we just lost a Superstar in a small market that we traded 2 draft picks to get. A superstar, that according to the most credible source we have heard from, AD wanted back on the team. There is no guarantee that AD is signing the supermax, yet some act as if it's a foregone conclusion. If we don't believe that this team, as currently constructed, even adding the best free agent SF left on the market, could push Golden State to 7.. then there may be trouble next summer.

Edit: I absolutely believe AD is happy here and is looking to remain here at the moment.
    Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 07-11-2018 at 12:58 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Gentry is being professional. It’s a no brainer to bring boogie back had he stayed healthy and we kept winning.
    AD has Jrue, the most underrated player in the league imo, and adding Niko, a guy who plays hard every second and plays defense and hits 3s a smart player etc... now adding a very talented Randle and a solid guard Payton under Gentry is a very good team.

I won’t miss boogie. I’ll miss what I thought Boogie was going to be. Face it, Rondo is old and Boogie is injured. We are taking a smart risk with pretty high reward right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We lost Cousins when he tore his Achilles tendon against Houston. I thought to myself no way he gets a max deal here now that he desired so much and no way he was staying here for anything less
    than that. Either way I knew he was gone. It was just a case of horrible bad luck. I think going into the offseason management knew they had to prepare for plan B and I do believe AD was aware
    of the situation and accepted it.

There is no situation, up to and including fistfights in the locker room, where Gentry would have said anything other than "AD wanted Boogie to stay".

He is playing for a MLE. There is no Way he was coming back to us. He realizes he is out for half the season if not longer. Why not rehab in the state he has been rehabbing all along and highly likely get a ring with a team that is expected to win it? It’s a business to him. He has no loyalty at all. Sorry but most of not all NBA players are like that. It comes with the territory. They learned it back in high school and college if not earlier. How many commit full term to any team? FYI how many years did he play at Kentucky. I’ll answer. 1 season.
    Last edited by mjf504; 07-11-2018 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjf504 View Post
    He is playing for a MLE. There is no Way he was coming back to us. He realizes he is out for half the season if not longer. Why not rehab in the state he has been rehabbing all along and highly likely get a ring with a team that is expected to win it? It’s a business to him. He has no loyalty at all. Sorry but most of not all NBA players are like that. It comes with the territory. They learned it back in high school and college if not earlier. How many commit full term to any team? FYI how many years did he play at Kentucky. I’ll answer. 1 season.
    Most, if not all NBA are like that according to what? Last I checked Paul George stayed put and could have easily went to a bigger market. Especially after playing in small to mid sized markets his whole career.

NBA players are like anybody else..individuals. Matter of fact it's the organizations that tend to show no loyalty. Soon as a player gets injured or they think they acquire another better player...the scheming begins.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Gentry is happy with having players that aren’t injured. He’s just being professional. Anyone can say “we wanted him back bla bla bla.” I think we did great adding Randle and Payton. Now get Hood and get Jackson some playing time and we will be goid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When all is said and done we will see that not resigning Cousins to what he was asking for, whatever that
    was will end up being the best move the Pels have ever chosen not to make.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    When all is said and done we will see that not resigning Cousins to what he was asking for, whatever that
    was will end up being the best move the Pels have ever chosen not to make.
    If we sign Randle long term (he's going to be paid next off season) and either trade or sign Niko I think it will be better for Pelicans long term as well.

Thread Information