Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Summer League Gameday: MIA vs. Pels

Summer League Gameday: MIA vs. Pels

Not sure how many are watching.

Bluiett once again having an eye catching outing. So far 7 minutes, 10 points, 4-6FG, 2-4 3pg

Diallo has been kind of quiet save for some nice assists including an across the court bullet. Though to be fair he has been fouled a few times and should have some free throws but they are calling this one kind of loose.

Walter lemon is horrible lol diallo looks like he dent know what he's doing out there it's frustrating

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Man bluiette is good

Bluiett can't seem to miss.

This kid is impressing the heck out of me.

15 points in 8 minutes, unreal.

Diallo just looks like he's forgotten half of the stuff he was doing by the end of the regular season for us. It might just be because he's not surrounded by guys like AD and Jrue.

Bluiett's for real with that shot, it's on a laser sight
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Diallo just looks like he's forgotten half of the stuff he was doing by the end of the regular season for us. It might just be because he's not surrounded by guys like AD and Jrue.

I also think there is a bit of selfish play on the part of teammates(the nature of the summer league so it is what it is) mixed with a target on his back and trying to do so much new stuff at once that is affecting him.

There has definitely been a lot of attention paid to Diallo every trip. Constantly 1-3 guys around him so he can't get those put backs, rebounds, and fouls he has the ability to do.

Another Bluiett buzzer beater lol

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    He's GOT to get a 2 way contract, right? No question about that, I think.

Bluiett: 10 mins, 18 points, 7-9 FG, 4-6 3p, 2 rebounds.

He's GOT to get a 2 way contract, right? No question about that, I think.
    If he carries even 75% of this play through the rest of summer league, I don't know how he doesn't get a roster spot and contract offer from someone?

I don't really know how it works and what rights we have to these players though. Frankly if this doesn't end up being a fluke, the Pels have to find a way to keep this guy.

Besides CD and FJ, we have three guys that look promising Tony, Shields, and BLU

How is Carr looking this game?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If he carries even 75% of this play through the rest of summer league, I don't know how he doesn't get a roster spot and contract offer from someone?

I don't really know how it works and what rights we have to these players though. Frankly if this doesn't end up being a fluke, the Pels have to find a way to keep this guy.
    I mean, right now he's shooting 10/14 from 3 over the two games. That's 71%. 75% of that is 53%. So if he shoots 53% from 3 in Summer League, I'd be astounded. If his overall average sits anywhere around 45%, I'd say we have to try and keep him too. That shot is just automatic, it looks like he's unconscious with it.

This kid is pretty good. He may be playing his way to a contract. Let’s not screw up not signing the kid like we did with Seth Curry.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

Been sayin for 1 1/2 yrs. Heart & Energy do not compensate for lack of basketball knowledge & lack of offensive skills, while being a tweener. He has the body of a stretch 4 or long 3, but the skills of a power 4, w/out the ability to bang in the box. He's a #11 seat warmer at best.

I mean, right now he's shooting 10/14 from 3 over the two games. That's 71%. 75% of that is 53%. So if he shoots 53% from 3 in Summer League, I'd be astounded. If his overall average sits anywhere around 45%, I'd say we have to try and keep him too. That shot is just automatic, it looks like he's unconscious with it.
    And it looks like a great form as well so I'm much less inclined to think it is too flukish. But yeah, unlikely he shoots +50% all the way through, but if he managed this type of volume on 40-45%, yeah, you got to keep the guy.

And it looks like a great form as well so I'm much less inclined to think it is too flukish. But yeah, unlikely he shoots +50% all the way through, but if he managed this type of volume on 40-45%, yeah, you got to keep the guy.
    His release looks a little bit unusual to me, but it's so quick. I wonder how it compares to the elite shooters in the league in terms of timing, it looks fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    This kid is pretty good. He may be playing his way to a contract. Let’s not screw up not signing the kid like we did with Seth Curry.
    Move Jrue to #3. Jackson & Bluiett starting back court!

I be kind of sad if we don't give Blueitt a contract to see his worth. We are gonna need to back up for SG. It can make Moore easier to salary dump.

Why diallo just leaving his guy wide open.

His release looks a little bit unusual to me, but it's so quick. I wonder how it compares to the elite shooters in the league in terms of timing, it looks fast.
    All I know is - he shot 417 from 3 in Sr. Year in college. He improved every year. In 4 yrs, he went from 34 to 36 to 38 to 41.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I be kind of sad if we don't give Blueitt a contract to see his worth. We are gonna need to back up for SG. It can make Moore easier to salary dump.
    Would certainly open up quite a lot for us asset wise if we managed to find our own Malcolm Brogden/Danny Green type in Summer league on a ridiculously good contract.

I need to start watching him closer defensively though.

Diallo abusing these boys
    I'm a grinder

Diallo looking like night and day from the first to second half.

I swear, if we do nothing with Blueitt and then Golden State pick him up for his shooting on a 2 way or something, I'll meltdown.

Thread Information