Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dennis Schröder???

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Pelicans should focus on rehabbing Solomon Hill’s value. He was an important part of a relatively stingy defense two seasons ago; a defense the Pels will probably be doubling down on this year.

Hopefully by the deadline an expiring contributor like Ariza or Simmons is available to be had for Hill and an asset. The Pels need to be players in FA next season. There most likely isn’t a realistic player out there that’s both under contract beyond next year and a real needle mover long term, so no sense in clogging the cap sheet further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I, too, hope that we can rehab Hill into the SF that we need so that we can package him with an asset for the SF that we need. Lol.

I'm all for an Arizaesque player. But if we can get Hill back to form, there's no need for it. Like you said, he was an important part to that D.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I, too, hope that we can rehab Hill into the SF that we need so that we can package him with an asset for the SF that we need. Lol.

I'm all for an Arizaesque player. But if we can get Hill back to form, there's no need for it. Like you said, he was an important part to that D.
    Yeah it sounds counter-intuitive, lol. But if the Pels are serious about 2019 free agency then moving Hill is a must. That’s the real play, IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I wish there was a young, but talented wing out there who was on the outs with his team that is in dire need of a trade.

I mean, besides Kawhi Leonard, who for whatever reason is deadset on playing in LA so he can perpetually lose but make money...which he can also do here. Except minus the lose part.

Why can't friggin' Jimmy Butler hate the Wolves with a passion? Or maybe Gordon Hayward doesn't feel he can fit in with all the small forwards crowding Boston?

I'd be more in favor of Schoder if not for Payton.

The Franchise
    If Kyrie and butler want to play together let’s make it happen. Trade what you can to get one of them and then next year sign the other one. Probably easier to get Buyler but need a 3rd team to take our junk most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    If Kyrie and butler want to play together let’s make it happen. Trade what you can to get one of them and then next year sign the other one. Probably easier to get Buyler but need a 3rd team to take our junk most likely.
    I wouldn’t be so sure.

I get the sense Thibs would gladly trade Wiggins or Towns before he traded Butler.

Butler is the quintessential company man and he is the guy Thibs actively went after and the only star on the team that consistently plays the way Thibs asks them to.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I wouldn’t be so sure.

I get the sense Thibs would gladly trade Wiggins or Towns before he traded Butler.

Butler is the quintessential company man and he is the guy Thibs actively went after and the only star on the team that consistently plays the way Thibs asks them to.
    I think if I was ownership, I'd rather hold on to Kat first to either Thibs or Butler. He could be locked in for a lot longer and a very good young piece to build around in the mold of the modern NBA big. I wouldn't be opposed to Wiggins if our staff thinks they can teach him some defense. Hill and all our expirings work along with Diallo, my only issue is will he hold his value if we want to trade him. 5 years of 25 million is a lot if he isn't a core piece.

Thread Information