Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dennis Schröder???

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cmariaou View Post
    I don’t know where that comes from. When I watch him play I see a lot of lazy/loose play on the defensive side of the ball, and he isn’t a very aggressive rebounder. Can you please explain why you think he is scrappy?

I really am trying to understand why people like this player at all. I feel like they see his age and scoring output and conclude on his value. It seems to me that him playing on a bad team, with large volume opportunities, has inflated his stats. And the inefficiency in those same stats kind of show that.

Please, more detail.
    See: 2017 playoffs

Also he was 2nd team all defense.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by cmariaou View Post
    Good point. My thoughts on acquiring A player like Kawhi:

- We can’t!
    - that’s it
    - stop reading

Really, we have no legitimate young players to offer (Diallo is in summer League for the 3rd time and Jackson has played in 1 game), no high lottery pics. Our best assets are 2 relatively young vets on quality contracts (Mirotic & Moore). If we packaged all of that together, it would barely comparison to other teams offers, and we would gut our team. Unless we throw in Holiday, then things get interesting. But not worth it.

Here is the only possible thing that we could put together:
    - Niko Mirotic
    - E’Twaun Moore
    - Frank Jackson
    - Check Diallo
    - 2019 1st
    - 2021 1st (after AD leaves)

And I think that several teams can top that offer. If I was San Antonio, I might rather take the risk that he passes up 30 mill over 4 years, and 80 mill over 5 next than take this offer. I think that butler or Kemba could be had for less, but would still gut the team.
    I do agree that we don’t have the best assets and I normally wouldn’t even ask for Kawhi but he is putting the Spurs in a bad spot. Pretty much saying he wants out and only wants to go to the lakers isn’t helping his value. Any team trying to trade for him is taking a chance of prob only getting him a year. If not the Spurs lose him next year for nothing, that’s value in return. Not even trying to ask is just as bad. Reminds me models saying they never get asked out and end up with ugly guys. If you don’t ask it’ll never happen so don’t sell yourself short.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I do agree that we don’t have the best assets and I normally wouldn’t even ask for Kawhi but he is putting the Spurs in a bad spot. Pretty much saying he wants out and only wants to go to the lakers isn’t helping his value. Any team trying to trade for him is taking a chance of prob only getting him a year. If not the Spurs lose him next year for nothing, that’s value in return. Not even trying to ask is just as bad. Reminds me models saying they never get asked out and end up with ugly guys. If you don’t ask it’ll never happen so don’t sell yourself short.
    If you have AD leaving (although he's not passing up 46million a year) why don't you just trade AD for Kwahi RIGHT NOW. Put Kawhi on a Max deal. That way he's locked up for minimum of 4yrs. So, what you just put on the table is--> trade away 3 major rotational players & the future (2 1sters) KNOWING that AD is leaving in 1 1/2 .
    I don't mean to Poke fun at you or anything, none of your logic makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post

Let's just check that : https://hoopshype.com/2018/01/18/atl...fense-defense/

He ended 93th/99 (while Elfryd Payton ended 84th/99 but at least he was good before that) for DRPM at the end of the season so yeah ...
    Last edited by Alvis; 07-07-2018 at 10:07 AM.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    If you have AD leaving (although he's not passing up 46million a year) why don't you just trade AD for Kwahi RIGHT NOW. Put Kawhi on a Max deal. That way he's locked up for minimum of 4yrs. So, what you just put on the table is--> trade away 3 major rotational players & the future (2 1sters) KNOWING that AD is leaving in 1 1/2 .
    I don't mean to Poke fun at you or anything, none of your logic makes any sense.
    I don’t think we’re losing Davis anytime soon. There was a couple reasons I was trading away our bench. 1 is it’s hard to get a great player and I’d take a chance IF ITS POSSIBLE. The other is we clear cap space for next year so we can be active in FA. I’m banking on a good year and being able to get good FA but they won’t come for a discount.

I don’t think we’re losing Davis anytime soon. There was a couple reasons I was trading away our bench. 1 is it’s hard to get a great player and I’d take a chance IF ITS POSSIBLE. The other is we clear cap space for next year so we can be active in FA. I’m banking on a good year and being able to get good FA but they won’t come for a discount.
    My post was a parody of cmarieou or whatever that name is . Wasn't directed toward you. His lack of logic after claiming your lack of logic, I found most illogical.

My post was a parody of cmarieou or whatever that name is . Wasn't directed toward you. His lack of logic after claiming your lack of logic, I found most illogical.
    I pitty a fool who is illogical

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    I pitty a fool who is illogical

C'mon, bahma- You've made this one too easy! I pity the Fool that can't spell pity. BTW- Jerebko just became FA.

C'mon, bahma- You've made this one too easy! I pity the Fool that can't spell pity. BTW- Jerebko just became FA.
    Hey, man its the curse of the sausage fingers when letters are so damn close together and really?

It really gets under my skin how people on forums will destroy ideas of a trade because "it isn't a won for both teams" or it isn't logical when most of the trades in the NBA are lopsided and illogical. No matter how many examples pass them by, they just have to pee in other people's Wheaties.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    It really gets under my skin how people on forums will destroy ideas of a trade because "it isn't a won for both teams" or it isn't logical when most of the trades in the NBA are lopsided and illogical. No matter how many examples pass them by, they just have to pee in other people's Wheaties.
    Yeah, I dunno if any of it is worth getting under my skin or this peeing in Wheaties analogy, but I will agree- There aren't very many trades when both sides are throwing confetti in the air at the same time. It's all relative to a POV. Somebody, somewhere always thinks somebody got screwed .

Saw these two trade scenarios for Schroder. I think I would take that first deal, but I’m hoping Elfrid Payton will be the man. If we trade for anything we need a small forward not another point guard. If we were to make this move, I rather make it during the season, so we can see if we are better off with Payton. I thought Shroder was a decent defender, but I haven’t really seen the kid play. He may just be redundant by giving us the same type of player like Payton. That Hawk team was so bad that just about anyone halfway decent would put up decent numbers IMO. I think I would pass on him if he’s as bad as y’all make him out to be...

Hawks: Hill & 2nd round pick

Pels: Schroder

or

Hawks: Ajinca, Moore, and 2nd round pick

Pels: Schroder

Oh and that trade for Kawhi, the Lakers have WAY more to offer in Ball, Kuzma, or Ingram. I thought I saw that Kawhi wants to actually play for the Clippers. If we could jump in that as a 3 team deal to get Tobias Harris would be my wish lol.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-07-2018 at 04:33 PM.

Aaaaannnnddd according to Woj hes going to GS...

Screw that team

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Supply and demand. No matter how much Leonard kills his value he is still a top talent in this league, and he plays a premier position. Even if he tanked his value (like Paul George did in Indy) the team sending out the talent will demand something major to replace said talent. Oladipo was a rising player, Sabonis was coming off a rookie year, and they cleared a lot of money off their books. If you are thinking we are going to land Kawhi you need to be realistic with what it will take to get him, and outside of Jrue or AD we have no “rising talent” to give away, or any way for SA to get cap relief through our trade.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 07-07-2018 at 05:53 PM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post

No he was not! He was never on an NBA All-Defense team. Please find that, because I cannot. And he was 93rd in defensive real plus minus last year amoung all NBA point guards. That was 5th from last.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Supply and demand. No matter how much Leonard kills his value he is still a top talent in this league, and he plays a premier position. Even if he tanked his value (like Paul George did in Indy) the team sending out the talent will demand something major to replace said talent. Oladipo was a rising player, Sabonis was coming off a rookie year, and they cleared a lot of money off their books. If you are thinking we are going to land Kawhi you need to be realistic with what it will take to get him, and outside of Jrue or AD we have no “rising talent” to give away, or any way for SA to get cap relief through our trade.
    Bluiett and Jackson should suffice.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    It looks like the lakers are just going to wait till next year and just sign Kawhi meaning the spurs could be left with nothing. I know we don’t have the best option but if we’re the only option willing to give up some assets. Butler and Kemba don’t have that cloud over their head so i think it’ll be harder to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Bluiett and Jackson should suffice.
    No way, we need to keep those guys. With them, AD, and Jrue we are going to have what the Thunder once had (and currently do) consecutive MVPs, only we will have 4.

It looks like the lakers are just going to wait till next year and just sign Kawhi meaning the spurs could be left with nothing. I know we don’t have the best option but if we’re the only option willing to give up some assets. Butler and Kemba don’t have that cloud over their head so i think it’ll be harder to get.
    Im not so sure he will definitely sign with LA next year. How did that work with Paul George?

On second thought, if I can dump Solomon Hill to get a WAY better player on a deal that pays just 3 mil extra for the next 2 years. Then we on hold for 15.5 mil(i think) for one year with what may be a great expiring deal. But hopefully he balls out here and it’s a great deal.

I may throw in my first round pick & Hill for Shroder & Prince.

C: AD, Diallo, Ajinca
    PF: Randle, Nico
    SF: Prince, Miller, Blueitt(lolol)
    SG: Jrue, Moore, Jackson
    PG: Shroder, Payton, Clark(we shouldn’t signed him if we made that trade unless Frank isn’t good)

Like that depth chart if the Hawks would make that trade(if I have to I’ll give them a 2nd too lol)
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-08-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    If we trade a first round pick it better be protected. I’m not gonna get too confident about making playoffs. We barely made it last season. We need another point guard but a SF who rebounds well and plays defense and hits 3s would do wonders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    If we can find a way to move Hill/Ajinca for Dennis I'm all for it, but not Moore. Moore's value is as high as it ever probably will be, if we move him (which we honestly should) it should be for a wing.

We'd have the fastest PG tandem in the league; albeit both erratic.

When folks criticise players' defense i really dont get into it unless they're not capable physically of playing defense. Switching teams, coaches pushing the right buttons, maturing, having all-stars around you and most importantly playing for a contender can make players like elfrid payton and dennis pretty good damn defenders im sure

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar

Dennis Schröder???

Pelicans should focus on rehabbing Solomon Hill’s value. He was an important part of a relatively stingy defense two seasons ago; a defense the Pels will probably be doubling down on this year.

Hopefully by the deadline an expiring contributor like Ariza or Simmons is available to be had for Hill and an asset. The Pels need to be players in FA next season. There most likely isn’t a realistic player out there that’s both under contract beyond next year and a real needle mover long term, so no sense in clogging the cap sheet further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DefensiveMind; 07-09-2018 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    We'd have the fastest PG tandem in the league; albeit both erratic.

When folks criticise players' defense i really dont get into it unless they're not capable physically of playing defense. Switching teams, coaches pushing the right buttons, maturing, having all-stars around you and most importantly playing for a contender can make players like elfrid payton and dennis pretty good damn defenders im sure
    Payton won defensive player of the year honours in college. Reason to be optimistic

Thread Information