Pelicans Report

Thread: It's probably best that we didn't gamble on Boogie and Rondo.

It's probably best that we didn't gamble on Boogie and Rondo.

Both are risky assets. Both where championship or bust moves with the current core. The season is already decided to be honest due to Boogie spitefulness. It's probably a blessing in disguise as this isn't the year to topple GSW. It's next year with the possibility of Klay leaving and the tax burden starting to weigh on GSW.

It put us in great position for 2019 cap wise and having to start investing a solid pick in the draft. 2019 free agent crop is much better and hold off being a tax team while GSW still going strong. Eat bad salary this year and let GSW get their 3 Peat. Really focus on developing Randle and Payton.

Getting nothing for Boogie is another L, but there is a lesson in it. Risking trades with multiple picks needs to stop. I'll be happy with a solid year and solid playoff run.

I tend to agree BUT Randle could be Boogie 2.0 if he opts out. (Except he didn't cost us picks)

Pelicans

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    I tend to agree BUT Randle could be Boogie 2.0 if he opts out. (Except he didn't cost us picks)
    Or maybe not. I've read he is a high character guy. I know money talks but he might see a future here.

I've calmed down a bit but still hate the NBA right now. It's going to be tough selling this team to the common man...especially if they start off mediocre.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Thread Information