Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Where Do We Stand?

Where Do We Stand?

Jrue/EP/Frank
    EM/Carr
    Miller/hill
    AD/Nico/Diallo
    Julius/Okafor/Ajinca

We need a 2 and a 3. Since we are not able to spend 400mil to fit 5 all stars on one roster, May it please the crown if our small market franchise can acquire via trade either a starting quality SF or SG? I do not want us to be a farm team for one of the so-called "important" franchises. We are one really good player away from being at minimum a top 4 seed. Who can we get to bolster our 2/3 with what we have?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Losing Rondo hurts. But please no Jrue at the point anymore. Would much rather a starting lineup of:

Elfrid
    Jrue
    Moore
    AD
    Randle

Would still like to see us sign Rodney Hood. Rondo gone means that we don't have a guy with elite vision anymore, so we need to hope and pray that Payton becomes half the distributor he was.

I was just going by position chart, not projected starters.

but yeah, I would prefer your line up as well. I think we bring clark and grits back.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orle...cans/cap/2018/ <<<
    Last edited by wnelson; 07-03-2018 at 02:13 AM.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar

Where Do We Stand?

Fournier/Simmons/Vucevic for Moore, Hill, Ajinca, Okafor, Liggins, and Diallo and a 1st.

Holiday/Payton/Jackson
    Fornier/Simmons
    Hill/Miller
    Randle/Mirotic
    Davis/Vucevic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Frank Jackson, 1st, and Hill for Kemba Walker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moore, hill, Ajinca and 2019 1st for MKG and Nick Batum

EP/frank
    Jrue/Clark/grits/rookie
    Batum/MKG/Miller
    AD/Niko/Diallo
    Randle/Okafor
    Last edited by wnelson; 07-03-2018 at 03:26 AM.

Niko, Ajinca, multiple 1sts for Kawhi.

Lakers not trying to give up Ingram. Boston not trying to give up Brown. Philly not trying to give up Fultz. It could come down to who can give the most cap relief and picks.

Edit: Actually the Rondo signing removes Lakers from contention of trading for Kawhi. Spurs wont take back Deng and they have no way of making salaries match unless they stretch Deng, which Magic wont do.

Boston could offer Smart, Rozier, Morris + picks but why would they with Gordon, Brown, Ojele and Tatum at the forward spots?

I think it comes down to us, Houston and Philly if a trade goes down. I like us as favorites because Demps is willing to part with picks and Niko is the best player being offered. Or I'm just grasping because we just lost a superstar
    Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 07-03-2018 at 03:46 AM.

I got my money on Miro starting. Not sure if Payton starts or they go a Jrue / Moore backcourt. Guess it depends on Jrue because he is your #2 star player, yaknow?

AD (35) / Diallo (5)
    Miro (32) / Randle (24)
    Hill (24) / Miller (24)
    Jrue (32) / Moore (24)
    Payton (30) / Jackson/Crawford/Clark/whoever (10)

Miro is also more likely to bang with NBA 5's and not be a total liability. Randle is a bully-ball type guy but not against 5's. AD will be guarded by the most capable 4 or 5 the other team has, I see a lot of interchangeable matchups in that regard. But Miro is so important due to spacing. AD plays the full 1st Q so Randle subs Miro around the time the bigger C's in the game are gonna sub out, so less fatigue for AD. I just think thats more logical, doesnt mean FO would think the same.I still have hope in Hill. That game he came in and dropped 3 3's like it was nothing on GS... I think he can do that enough to up his 3pt% to ~37% and that will be enough with his D to make him a starter.

Man, this is already a crazy offseason for the Pels, but I'm quietly excited that Demps may be looking to shape this team to peak when AD is ~30. Can AD keep doing it and accept a lotto year or two between now and then? If Payton can show that he is not just stats on a bad team and Randle can find a place in the system then there is no reason we cant have a similar record to last season IMO.

Basketball Guru
    We get to see a fast pace fun team that gentry always wanted......we need to sign Howard to deal with the big centers..forget all of that locker room cancer talk. Howard and AD would turn alot of teams into jump shooting teams with that rim protecting defense.....

PG: Payton/Jackson
    SG: Holiday/Miller/ Liggins
    SF: Moore/Hill
    PF: Randle/Mirotic/Diallo
    C: Davis/Okafor/Ajinca

We still need a starting SF and backup PG. Maybe we could get Clark back, but I think that’s it unless we trade for Tobias Harris or Kent Bazemore.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 07-03-2018 at 07:22 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    PG: Payton/Jackson
    SG: Holiday/Miller/ Liggins
    SF: Moore/Hill
    PF: Randle/Mirotic/Diallo
    C: Davis/Okafor/Ajinca

We still need a starting SF and backup PG. Maybe we could get Clark back, but I think that’s it unless we trade for Tobias Harris or Kent Bazemore.
    Tobias Harris would make this team really really dangerous. I would also like to get an Athletic Big that runs the court. Okafors contract is non guaranteed. I'm guessing he's gone in due time.

I truly believe Peyton & Jackson are the PG's.

Peyton
    Jrue
    AD
    Randle
    HARRIS. Would be very nice

W/ Nico, Frank Jackson,Ian Clark , back-up #5 & Miller coming off the bench

How much do we have in guaranteed money as of now? How far from the apron are we?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    How much do we have in guaranteed money as of now? How far from the apron are we?
    If you go to 5 different $$$ guys in the media, every single one them gives a different number, so IDK. I have deduced from several, that a 4m exception we got for Q-pon will Help immensely. Now, what that means, exactly & how the $$$ can be used? Huh !

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    If you go to 5 different $$$ guys in the media, every single one them gives a different number, so IDK. I have deduced from several, that a 4m exception we got for Q-pon will Help immensely. Now, what that means, exactly & how the $$$ can be used? Huh !
    Only in a trade

According to Spotrac, as of right now we can take on around 16-17 million more in Salary, so we are actually in a very good position, however anything over 11 million and we are in LT territory, so it's a safe bet to say we will stay around 11 million more taking on, which still puts us in a great position
    Last edited by soggymoss; 07-03-2018 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    According to Spotrac, as of right now we can take on 16 million more in Salary, so we are actually in a very good position
    I won't believe anything until the TheBirdWrites and BourbonStreetShots cap gurus break it down.

Edit: I'm looking at Spotrac and they say this which is what I thought, we have no space

The Pelicans are currently over the league salary cap. This means Cap Holds & Exceptions are NOT included in their Total Cap Allocations, and renouncing these figures will not afford them any cap space. The team may only sign outside players using any available exceptions or at league minimum salaries.
    Not sure where you're getting this 16 mil figure from?
    Last edited by AusPel; 07-03-2018 at 08:10 AM.

I won't believe anything until the TheBirdWrites and BourbonStreetShots cap gurus break it down.
    Spotrac is usually pretty good and updates quick..

One good thing, next year now we can potentially have enough to sign a max player, especially if we dump Hill

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    According to Spotrac, as of right now we can take on around 16-17 million more in Salary, so we are actually in a very good position, however anything over 11 million and we are in LT territory, so it's a safe bet to say we will stay around 11 million more taking on, which still puts us in a great position
    In trades maybe, but not free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    In trades maybe, but not free agents.
    Yes, we are over the soft cap so everything has to be done in trades or S&T or minimum contracts

Would you do this trade, and would Charlotte do it to get out of the Batum contract?

NO gets Batum and Walker

CHA gets Mirotic, Hill, Moore, Jackson, and a top 3 protected 2019 first round pick

We could then cross or fingers and sign Ian Clark back for his cap hold, and a cheap backup 3rd big like Trevor Booker.

Lineup

PG: Walker/Payton/Carr
    SG: Holiday/Clark/Liggins
    SF: Batum/Miller
    PF: Randle/Booker/Diallo
    C: Davis/Okafor

The lineup looks nice but the Batum contract is a whale that straps this team. We would have to be a luxury tax team next year to keep Walker.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 07-03-2018 at 08:31 AM.

Would you do this trade, and would Charlotte do it to get out of the Batum contract?

NO gets Batum and Walker

CHA gets Mirotic, Hill, Moore, Jackson, and a top 3 protected 2019 first round pick

We could then cross or fingers and sign Ian Clark back for his cap hold, and a cheap backup 3rd big like Booker
    lineup

PF: Randle/Diallo
    Take Mirotic out of that deal, add Diallo

Sign Howard instead (if he would take minimum)

NO gets Batum and Walker

We could then cross or fingers and sign Ian Clark back for his cap hold, and a cheap backup 3rd big like Booker
    lineup

PF: Randle/Diallo
    So,your gonna give up Nico for Batum (and his CRAPPY CONTRACT).. Your gonna give up Moore's Good Contract, Frank Jackson & a #1 Pick for Walker? That is Eye Poppingly NUTS!!

Question Does anyone know if Howard and Walker got along?

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Question Does anyone know if Howard and Walker got along?
    Question; Does Howard get along with anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    So,your gonna give up Nico for Batum (and his CRAPPY CONTRACT).. Your gonna give up Moore's Good Contract, Frank Jackson & a #1 Pick for Walker? That is Eye Poppingly NUTS!!
    The Batum contract is a whale but I don’t think the Hornets would do the trade without us taking it. Ideally, I’d want Walker and MKG for Hill, Moore, Ajinca and a 1st but I don’t see that happening.

Thread Information