Pelicans Report

Thread: Silver Lining in all this

Silver Lining in all this

IF Dell plays his cards right, we could have enough cap space to offer a max contract to someone next year, when the likes of Kyrie, Klay, Kawhi are coming out.

To do this we would need to renounce Ajinca (a give in), and move Hill and Moore without taking any 2019-20 salary back.

We currently have 77.5 million on the books for next year, dropping Moore and Hill would bring that down to 57.5 million. Including incomplete roster cap holds, we would be around 67 million allocated, assuming Randle opts out.

That would give us approximately 41 million in cap room where we could chase a Kawhi type player, or we could split it up and grab a Kemba Walker and Tobias Harris type.

Once we have used all our space, we could then re-sign Mirotic using non-bird rights (he wont have a cap hold), which would allow us to pay him around 14 million.

So, as much as it stings losing Boogie and Rondo this year, in the long term it may be a blessing in disguise, and we could possibly keep our 1st round pick this year.

Again, that's if Dell plays it smart

When does AD become eligible for his extension? Gotta imagine we get that in front of him as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    When does AD become eligible for his extension? Gotta imagine we get that in front of him as soon as possible
    He becomes eligible next year, but we can wait to offer it to him after we have our roster set, like GS did with Curry

Kemba and an actual 2 way starting caliber small forward would make me very happy if we could somehow also hang on to Randle. I think Randle is going to be a very good fit for what we like to do

Gimme Klay all day

Payton
    Jrue
    Klay
    AD
    Randle

I can get down with that

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Gimme Klay all day

Payton
    Jrue
    Klay
    AD
    Randle

I can get down with that
    Because of the knockdown 3pt shooter that Jackson is, I say he becomes the starter in a short period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Because of the knockdown 3pt shooter that Jackson is, I say he becomes the starter in a short period of time.
    I'm ready to see how he does in the SL

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    I'm ready to see how he does in the SL
    When is the first game ?
    I'm a grinder

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    When is the first game ?
    friday

How can we move Hill and Moore without taking salary back? Honest question...

Quote Originally Posted by Saints#34 View Post
    We can't.
    Basketball.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Klay Thompson is a pipe dream. I live in Bay Area and the Warriors are going to take pay cuts to keep the nucleus together. If anyone gets moved, it'll be Draymond cause they'll get tired with his antics and they don't feel like he's some irreplaceable piece. Klay is one of the untouchables because every Warrior says he's their favorite teammate. So that plus his defense plus he doesn't rock the boat in regards to wanting the ball in his hands means he will be in a Warrior for a long time.

That said, things can change year over year. Which is why it's sooo nice to have flexibility going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We can't.
    I thought so. So the above is nonsense...

Can take expiring contracts next year as illustrated by article at BBS. You have to attach picks of coarse for that to happen.

I'm not sure which thread to put this in, but one guy I'd love to see in NO is Josh Jackson. With the Ariza signing, the talk about Phoenix wanting to extend Warren, could that make Jackson Expendable?

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeelsessions View Post
    I'm not sure which thread to put this in, but one guy I'd love to see in NO is Josh Jackson. With the Ariza signing, the talk about Phoenix wanting to extend Warren, could that make Jackson Expendable?
    After a year and playing decent? Idk about that lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shanesy View Post
    Can take expiring contracts next year as illustrated by article at BBS. You have to attach picks of coarse for that to happen.
    This. Clearing the requisite space is possible. The trick is to also remain competitive in the short term.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by Saints#34 View Post
    Move them this year in a deal where you dont take back any 2019-2020 salary

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeelsessions View Post
    Don't think so

Thread Information