Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Where Do We Stand?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    I think Tobias Harris or Kawhi Leonard are the only players that will upgrade us significantly in trade and whose teams are willing to take back a Mirotic/Moore package from us in return.

The only way the Lakers could get Leonard by trade is if Deng’s contract is included but the Spurs don’t want it. That takes LA out. Boston refuse to give up Jaylen Brown and Tatum. Sixers not giving up Fultz. Pelicans becomes the best landing spot if the Spurs are willing to trade within the division
    Why are you getting rid of Mirotic & Moore? The idea is to get rid of bad contracts w/ PICKS,The idea is not just trade out good players on good contracts for another good player.

Please stop suggesting that we have any chance to get Leonard that’s ridiculous .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Please stop suggesting that we have any chance to get Leonard that’s ridiculous .

Right.

Who's Leonard ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Why are you getting rid of Mirotic & Moore? The idea is to get rid of bad contracts w/ PICKS,The idea is not just trade out good players on good contracts for another good player.
    I’m viewing it from the other team’s pov. Of course if it just takes Hill, Ajinca, and some first rounders to get Leonard or Harris, then that’s the deal to make. And as FA goes on that may become Leonard’s value. But either one of those teams would want a some valuable pieces in return.

I’m sure none of us would be upset if we gave up Mirotic or Moore for AS/finals MVP talents that rounds out our lineup. Maybe not both in the same deal, but at least one has to be included, particularly Mirotic

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Who's Leonard ?
    Meyers Leonard

Duh...

Idk man. If AD and Jrue reach out I can see him wanting to be here, the personality match is seamless. They also said Kawhi doesnt want to be the main guy, that's AD. A long shot of course but it's possible.

Edit: imo if I'm Kawhi I cant think of 2 other guys(that are already teammates) I would rather play with than AD and Jrue. All are exceptional 2 way players with similar personalities.
    Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 07-03-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Meyers Leonard

Duh...
    I thought so, but wasnt sure.

I’m viewing it from the other team’s pov. Of course if it just takes Hill, Ajinca, and some first rounders to get Leonard or Harris, then that’s the deal to make. And as FA goes on that may become Leonard’s value. But either one of those teams would want a some valuable pieces in return.

I’m sure none of us would be upset if we gave up Mirotic or Moore for AS/finals MVP talents that rounds out our lineup. Maybe not both in the same deal, but at least one has to be included, particularly Mirotic
    Im not giving up Mirotic for Harris.

Any chance with Butler ?

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Any chance with Butler ?
    Who's Butler?

If we aren’t adding anyone else significant through trade, then there’s really no other moves to make that keeps us competitive with the rest of the West. Finding a way to sign Tyreke Evans on a one year is our best bet imo

Are the Hornets really going to give you Kemba for pennies on the dollar, because that’s what all of these trades are.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Who's Butler?

Where do we stand in the West?

If we aren’t adding anyone else significant through trade, then there’s really no other moves to make that keeps us competitive with the rest of the West. Finding a way to sign Tyreke Evans on a one year is our best bet imo
    Theres a trade coming. But it wont include Mirotic. Probably not Moore, either. We are going to get a NICE piece for Picks, AA & Hill. Several teams will take salaries w/picks for expiring prominant player that the they know, will not re-sign.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    undefeated at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    I thought so. I wasnt sure!

In the mix for the third seed and another semifinals matchup with GS or Hou. Our goal would probably be good enough to make the playoffs but not find ourselves at 7 or 8 seed so we won’t see the top two in the first round

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    We are better this year, as of now, then we were last year. Thus far, NOBODY in the West has gotten better, except the Lakers (& were still better than they are.) Thus far, Houston lost Ariz--- Portland lost Connaughton & Ed Davis.
    Nico will have a training camp under his belt & everyone will have a training camp , running the Scoot & shoot offense. I think we are 3-4 in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    I guess maybe we shouldn't even suit up a team this season and just sit it out. Come on now seriously, no one knows how the season will
    play out with injuries, chemistry and all. Warriors should have probably never won their series against the Rockets had Paul not been injured so
    who knows what happens this season with them. We lost two players, one was even part of our playoff run. We added two talented players and
    still may add more.
    Of course nothing is edged in stone. Hell rosters still aren't completely set, but this is how I see it as of right now.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

Let’s see you try and make me!

I think Kawhi would like Ole Saints. Nice chill atmosphere. Something about the cut of his gib. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Disagree. Wolves still don't know how to play defense, Nuggets haven't improved at all and we could beat them without Boogie, still don't know why anyone thinks the Lakers are some surefire playoff team, and the Thunder suck.
    I think Wolves and Nuggets benefit from having their young guys progress, but these are teams we are on the same tier with IMO. As far as the Lakers I guess I have too much faith in James' greatness. Because that team is terribly flawed even by Lebron's standards. The Thunder if healthy is better than us and this is provided they don't make another move to get better.

I'm not saying it's impossible or anythings a far gone conclusion, however right now roster for roster I think we are worse especially relative to what the West will look like. Still too early to go crazy. Randle or even Payton can make a huge jump to all-star borderline all-star and I'll stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I think Wolves and Nuggets benefit from having their young guys progress, but these are teams we are on the same tier with IMO. As far as the Lakers I guess I have too much faith in James' greatness. Because that team is terribly flawed even by Lebron's standards. The Thunder if healthy is better than us and this is provided they don't make another move to get better.

I'm not saying it's impossible or anythings a far gone conclusion, however right now roster for roster I think we are worse especially relative to what the West will look like. Still too early to go crazy. Randle or even Payton can make a huge jump to all-star borderline all-star and I'll stand corrected.
    You are putting too much faith in Lebron, and that's coming from one of the biggest Lebron fans on the planet.

The Thunder if healthy isn't really any better than us. They were healthy basically all year last season with the exception of Andre Roberson, and they were mediocre at best in the West. Russell Westbrook does not play winning basketball at all. Melo is an anchor, in the bad way.
    Basketball.

I think the question is are the Pelicans FO content with just striving for the third seed and being top second tier knowing GS and Houston are top seed strongholds guaranteed to come out of the west every year. Or will we make a big move that can at least make us compete highly with Houston to sneak in at the no. 2 spot to show other players they should sign here

I think Julius Randle is already a borderline all star, but is it enough. If Randle can somehow make the jump close to AD/Cousins #’s in a starting role and Holiday can continue to transcend into a top SG over a whole season, then we may be able to dethrone the west. If we don’t make anymore moves, then we’re clearly depending on the consistency of Randle and Holiday and the development of Payton and Frank Jackson. Randle, Holiday, and Jackson all have the capability to put us over the top if they live up to their potential, but we don’t wanna waste AD’s years here just depending on players developing every year cause usually players are what they are. A top 3 player deserves to have a team around him that can compete with Hou/GS, instead of competing with the Denver’s, Utah’s, Minnesota’s, OKC’s, etc.

Thread Information