Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Where Do We Stand?

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Take Mirotic out of that deal, add Diallo

Sign Howard instead (if he would take minimum)
    The salaries don’t work

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    The salaries don’t work
    Hill, Moore, Ajinca, Diallo along with our trade exemptions make it work, we could also add in a non-guaranteed like Liggins

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    The Batum contract is a whale but I don’t think the Hornets would do the trade without us taking it. Ideally, I’d want Walker and MKG for Hill, Moore, Ajinca and a 1st but I don’t see that happening.
    IDK- That Batum albatross would be Salary Cap killer for 2019-20 & 20-21 ! You know he would opt in.

I think the Pels are satisfied with Peyton & Jackson at PG. Id rather give a protected 1, Hill & Moore to LAC for Tobias Harris and a filler. I know hes a PO in 2019, but I'd take the chance.
    Last edited by Tinman; 07-03-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Hill, Moore, Ajinca, Diallo along with our trade exemptions make it work, we could also add in a non-guaranteed like Liggins
    Batum and Walker= $36,000,000
    The players you mentioned= approx $27 million

It doesn’t work. We don’t have that big of a trade exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    IDK- That Batum albatross would be Salary Cap killer for 2019-20 & 20-21 ! You know he would opt in.

I think the Pels are satisfied with Peyton & Jackson at PG. Id rather give a protected 1, Hill & Moore to LAC for Tobias Harris and a filler. I know hes a PO in 2019, but I'd take the chance.
    I agree. I think it’s too much just for Walker who could be a 1 year rental like Boogie.

Batum and Walker= $36,000,000
    The players you mentioned= approx $27 million

It doesn’t work. We don’t have that big of a trade exception.
    I don't think you understand how trade mechanics work, either. You can't add trade exceptions to players anyway. Basically, you would have to get to around 31 mil in outgoing salary. Doable with Okafor and Liggins in the deal. And the Pels would still be below the tax. It is possible if Dell wants to lock himself into that team and if Gayle is willing to pay the tax next year to bring Walker and either Mirotic or Randle back
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I don't think you understand how trade mechanics work, either. You can't add trade exceptions to players anyway. Basically, you would have to get to around 31 mil in outgoing salary. Doable with Okafor and Liggins in the deal. And the Pels would still be below the tax. It is possible if Dell wants to lock himself into that team and if Gayle is willing to pay the tax next year to bring Walker and either Mirotic or Randle back
    So what deal works without including Mirotic, and do you think we should take on the Batum contract if we get Walker for only a guaranteed 1 year?

Would the deal of Batum and Walker for Hill, Moore, Ajinca, Okafor, Liggins, Jackson, and a top 3 protected 2019 1st rounder work? Obviously Charlotte would cut Liggins and Okafor then buyout Ajinca.

This lineup does look nice on paper, but the Batum contract is scary with Walker, Randle, and Mirotic all on 1 year deals.

PG: Walker/Payton/Carr
    SG: Holiday/(Clark)
    SF: Batum/Miller
    PF: Randle/Mirotic
    C: Davis/Diallo
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 07-03-2018 at 10:16 AM.

We HAVE a SIGHTING! He & his doppelganger are both here. WOW!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I imagine our 1st round pick next year just took a considerable bump in value in the minds of other teams now.

Basketball Guru
    We HAVE a SIGHTING! He & his doppelganger are both here. WOW!
    Lol

We need a SF... like for the last decade lol

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    YOU'RE BACK! Miss you on the POD, but enjoyed this morning.

Not sure if this is even a playoff team next year.

Warriors
    Rockets
    Thunder
    Lakers
    Blazers
    Jazz
    T'Wolves
    Nuggets

Are all teams top to bottom I think roster wise is better than us without Boogie and Rondo.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    We need a SF... like for the last decade lol
    Watch us finally get a SF...and it's too late. It's like five years from now or something.

I guess maybe we shouldn't even suit up a team this season and just sit it out. Come on now seriously, no one knows how the season will
    play out with injuries, chemistry and all. Warriors should have probably never won their series against the Rockets had Paul not been injured so
    who knows what happens this season with them. We lost two players, one was even part of our playoff run. We added two talented players and
    still may add more.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post

Warriors
    Rockets
    Thunder
    Lakers
    Blazers
    Jazz
    T'Wolves
    Nuggets

Are all teams top to bottom I think roster wise is better than us without Boogie and Rondo.

Warriors
    Rockets
    Thunder
    Lakers
    Blazers
    Jazz
    T'Wolves
    Nuggets

Disagree. Wolves still don't know how to play defense, Nuggets haven't improved at all and we could beat them without Boogie, still don't know why anyone thinks the Lakers are some surefire playoff team, and the Thunder suck.
    Basketball.

Who are some veteran minimum guys who could contribute as backups?

I like Ian Clark, Devin Harris, and Raymond Felton as backup options.

I wouldn't want Batum's contract for a potential one year rental of Walker. Change out Batum for MKG and it would be much more palatable. Obviously do not see Charlotte doing that though for what we have to offer.

This may be the first year Mac didn't suggest going after Lin.

Welcome back Mac

We need a hood and walker signings to get the hype back. Going to take too much I'm afraid.

Warriors
    Rockets
    Thunder
    Lakers
    Blazers
    Jazz
    T'Wolves
    Nuggets

Lol. We spank the Blazers.....lose Rondo (which sucks) but add EP and JR (which more than makes up for losing Rondo) and somehow the Blazers are better than us.

Hahahaha.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Warriors
    Rockets
    Thunder
    Lakers
    Blazers
    Jazz
    T'Wolves
    Nuggets

So, we LITERALLY lost Rondo & gained Randle, along with Payton & Frank Jackson! Im not getting the Doom & Gloom. Boogie played ZERO part in the 10 game win streak & 9 game win streak. So, who on your list, other than Lakers (who BTW, still arent better than us) has IMPROVED their roster? NOBODY.

Basketball Guru

Warriors
    Rockets
    Thunder
    Lakers
    Blazers
    Jazz
    T'Wolves
    Nuggets

You know how alot of posters on here was saying for the last 2 years that Houston won't make the playoffs because they don't play defense and just score?...well the team gentry has now can score in high numbers...we just need Payton to run the offense and set players up to get easy points like rondo did.....we can be the Houston of this season and make the playoffs with high scoring plus we play some defense......gentry will run his small ball until the wheels fall off lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Watch us finally get a SF...and it's too late. It's like five years from now or something.
    Wouldn't surprise me, heck i don't even care if it's even a SF anymore, get Kemba walker and start Jrue at the 3 and just run teams out the gym, I just want 5 good players on the court for once.

Kemba
    Payton
    Jrue
    AD
    Randle

just run the entire time and never call time outs lol.

So, we LITERALLY lost Rondo & gained Randle, along with Payton & Frank Jackson! Im not getting the Doom & Gloom. Boogie played ZERO part in the 10 game win streak & 9 game win streak. So, who on your list, other than Lakers (who BTW, still arent better than us) has IMPROVED their roster? NOBODY.
    This is where I am at too. If we can move hill, Ajinca for a starting SF I'd be ecstatic.

I think Tobias Harris or Kawhi Leonard are the only players that will upgrade us significantly in trade and whose teams are willing to take back a Mirotic/Moore package from us in return.

The only way the Lakers could get Leonard by trade is if Deng’s contract is included but the Spurs don’t want it. That takes LA out. Boston refuse to give up Jaylen Brown and Tatum. Sixers not giving up Fultz. Pelicans becomes the best landing spot if the Spurs are willing to trade within the division

Thread Information