Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Boogie signs with Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    This isn’t on Demps, this is on the coward.
    Nonsense.

Demps didn't offer him a good contract. Demps let Rondo walk. Goes after Randle instead. So now Boogie looks around and sees no one with the ability to pay real money. Now he can take his time recovering and then showcase himself for a team which goes deep into the playoffs and is always on national tv.

Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    "Loyalty" my ******. He's a fake. AD even wore his jersey at the ASG. He takes probably $20+ million less to ride the coattails of the true stars in Golden State. What a prick.
    So much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    So much this.
    Man got ditched by Sacramento and spent months whining about feeling abandoned and devalued, and loyalty, to whoever would listen. As soon as some adversity comes his way, he's off to hide behind the big dogs. Trash.
    Basketball.

Cousins really screwed us dude

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Don't blame the Rockets at all. It was a non-contact injury. He just broke. It wasn't their fault. The only thing you could blame on them was the fact that they played us so close he had to play all those minutes, and you can't exactly blame them for that.
    IIRC, typical NBA officiating kept it close.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

You want to know how you can tell that this wasn’t about what Demps did or didn’t offer Boogie? He took $5MM on a 1 yr deal coming off an injury. He is gambling on himself, and looking for long term security...or a career like Greg Monroe.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

They should just change the name NBE ( National Basketball Entertainment) smh

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I'm going to bed early tonight. I hope by the time I wake up for work tomorrow, something will have happened so that i feel a little better.

Like a meteor landing on the Warriors.

This does suck, and I hate the Warriors as much as everyone else. But they did things the right way. They built their initial core via great drafting. Something Dell has not wanted to do.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Welcome to the Western Conference LeBron!

Nah, major p move.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post
    Nonsense.

Demps didn't offer him a good contract. Demps let Rondo walk. Goes after Randle instead. So now Boogie looks around and sees no one with the ability to pay real money. Now he can take his time recovering and then showcase himself for a team which goes deep into the playoffs and is always on national tv.

Brilliant.
    Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Don’t disagree there. I’m personally not mad at Boogie as much as I’m mad that the Warriors can get away with pantsing us here.
    I am.

At the end of the day he basically spit on the organization that gave up a lot for him and was still willing to give up the most to keep him.

This team gave up two first round picks for what has amounted to a one year rental.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Maybe this finally makes the nba look at their ******** cap situation

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    That's the only thing I can think is next CBA negotiation the owners dunk on this soft salary cap Nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Honestly, this is probably the beginning of the end for the AD era. Hate to say it.
    Honestly, this is the beginning of the end for the Pelicans franchise. NBA should just contract to about 12 teams. No small market team will ever win an NBA title again. Why invest in a league that cares less about half of its franchises?
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post
    Nonsense.

Brilliant.
    Lol. This post really reads like the poster gas some juvenile understanding of how NBA FA works. Like we sign JR and Boogie calls up GS and has a contract five min later.

No.

We went after JR with AD hard recruiting and were interested in Howard because we already knew he was out.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Don't blame the Rockets at all. It was a non-contact injury. He just broke. It wasn't their fault. The only thing you could blame on them was the fact that they played us so close he had to play all those minutes, and you can't exactly blame them for that.
    So, through all of this so-called Gloom & Doom- >> We have LITERALLY lost 1 key piece to our massive run last year. RONDO. If Payton or Jackson perform, they do everything better than Rondo, physically. Yes, mentally, we lose out, but Jackson is a playa & Peyton is young, athletic & attacks at all times. So, other than Lakers, who I believe we are still better than, what has changed ? Julius Randle. So, I'm ready to Rock & Roll. We will be extremely young, extremely fast & extremely athletic . And we would think Dells not done yet. Ajincas contract has to be used . So - I'm good .

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeelsessions View Post
    This does suck, and I hate the Warriors as much as everyone else. But they did things the right way. They built their initial core via great drafting. Something Dell has not wanted to do.
    Listen, I get it. You wanna point fingers at Dell. GREAT. I understand.

But the fact is ''they built their initial core by drafting'' isn't a good argument when a) the only reason that drafting worked out is that Curry has ankles made of plaster-cast and had to sign a bargain-bin deal, and b) that still wasn't enough for them so Lebron bounced them and then they SIGNED Kevin Durant, who's just as much of a coward and a snake as Boogie is, and c) the new piece they are adding right now they literally poached from elsewhere. So 40% of their starting line up (presumably) is NOT drafted. Iggy also not drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Heheh. Boston and Philly duking it out for ratings in the East. LeBron and the Lakers vs Houston vs GSW finally making the West a crapshoot.....the ratings this coming season will be through the roof.

Our teams suffer but the NBA will be hot. They love this.
    The Lakers are going to get bodied this season. They might not even make the playoffs. The casual fans looking for competition all hate this move. The ONLY people who think this is good for the NBA are the Warriors.

Tell me this

How the hell do you grow basketball in a football city when you have a league that allows foolishness like this?

But we know the ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    So, through all of this so-called Gloom & Doom- >> We have LITERALLY lost 1 key piece to our massive run last year. RONDO. If Payton or Jackson perform, they do everything better than Rondo, physically. Yes, mentally, we lose out, but Jackson is a playa & Peyton is young, athletic & attacks at all times. So, other than Lakers, who I believe we are still better than, what has changed ? Julius Randle. So, I'm ready to Rock & Roll. We will be extremely young, extremely fast & extremely athletic . And we would think Dells not done yet. Ajincas contract has to be used . So - I'm good .
    Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

This season is going to have that Rocky 4 feel with Joe NBA team vs the Warriors.

I love how Boogie's manager said that this was gonna be chess not checkers

And then proceeded to play neither chess, nor checkers, but instead to vomit on the board.

Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    The Lakers are going to get bodied this season. They might not even make the playoffs. The casual fans looking for competition all hate this move. The ONLY people who think this is good for the NBA are the Warriors.
    I don’t know about that Lakers comment. They most likely will make the WCFs and inevitably lose to the Ws, but they will make it. They are young, talented, and have the best player in the NBA.

I think I hate Boogie more than Chris Paul now. He’s screwed the organization and AD for this one. Most of all he played himself, there’s no way hes going to get any max deal next year when he won’t even play in the final minutes not alone take a clutch shot. He won’t play over Steph, Klay, Iggy, Durant, and Draymond during the end of the game. Just grab some pom poms like a cheerleader.

Thread Information