Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Boogie signs with Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    I wonder what Dell offered?
    This isn’t on Demps, this is on the coward.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    WoW!! I guarantee something really shady is going on where he will somehow he paid by the players. Something has to be going down. No way Boogie leaves that much $ on the table like that.
    Well, you take into account the sponsorship deals and opportunities at Golden State for outside revenue, and he could make a killing outside of basketball. Obviously won’t make up for the money on the table, but Golden State is always more appealing than we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    No, we can't.
    So how much is left after the Randle and Payton deals?

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Maybe this finally makes the nba look at their ******** cap situation

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Heheh. Boston and Philly duking it out for ratings in the East. LeBron and the Lakers vs Houston vs GSW finally making the West a crapshoot.....the ratings this coming season will be through the roof.

Our teams suffer but the NBA will be hot. They love this.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    I actually think this will motivate AD even more.. After all the talk of loyalty from Cousins, he makes a move like that..

That has to scream betrayal to AD, and I can see him wanting to stay knowing we have been trying everything possible, and he just becomes a man possessed
    I hope you are right but I think the game's superstars see the way things are trending and if you don't have another 2-3 superstars on your team you don't have a chance in today's game with the mega teams we have.

I suspect AD is going to see the way the decks are stacked against him and he is going to be looking to places like Boston/Philly/LA/Houston in the coming years.

Honestly, if I'm Demps, I'm probably already drawing up the plans. I'd say our chances of keeping AD just dropped from 60% to 10%.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 07-02-2018 at 08:02 PM.

This is so gross, that I am willing to forgive eric gordon.
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    This isn’t on Demps, this is on the coward.
    It is on Demps if we didn’t compete for him. The Howard rumors kind of indicate our heart wasn’t set on resigning him.

I actually think this will motivate AD even more.. After all the talk of loyalty from Cousins, he makes a move like that..

That has to scream betrayal to AD, and I can see him wanting to stay knowing we have been trying everything possible, and he just becomes a man possessed
    The way AD recruited Randle he had to have a feeling that Boogie was leaving.....the way NBA players have reacted to this news so far I think this could be something that starts to change this trend of stackin up on teams to limit the competitiveness of the league.....I think AD could be a guy at the forefront of that movement to get back to an actual competitive league......atleast I pray AD has that attitude....would hate to see another CP3 situation

Hope Draymond gives him the old Bobby Portis.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Well, you take into account the sponsorship deals and opportunities at Golden State for outside revenue, and he could make a killing outside of basketball. Obviously won’t make up for the money on the table, but Golden State is always more appealing than we are.
    It’s true, KD is loving GS for more than the on court opportunities. Silicon Valley is a stones throw away, and those nerds spend plenty on advertising.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I figured this might happen. Not Boogie going to GS but them getting a big to offset a two big team like us. What better way than to take our big. I'm telling you for an absolute certainty that that AD, Boogie combo was a problem for teams to deal with including GS. And they just eliminated that threat.

How in the actual hell are people trying to pawn this off on demps you have to be joking

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    It is on Demps if we didn’t compete for him. The Howard rumors kind of indicate our heart wasn’t set on resigning him.
    I think Demps is as incompetent as they come, but this came down to Boogie wanting to chase a ring, and bet on himself. He made the right move for him, but it’s about to set the league back a few years.

Put your money on AD for MVP next season now.

Bruh Demarcus is a sellout. You go to the best team in the NBA that don't even need you. Do pride even exist in the league anymore. I respect PG13 so much bruh he's a real one unlike fake axx Cousins. The NBA is not even entertaining anymore nobody wants a competition anymore just the easy way out. I wish the worst for Cousins, I hope he tears his other achilles idgaf
    Last edited by PelicanNation; 07-02-2018 at 08:06 PM.

What star player with any dignity wants that?
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    I think it's his injury..if he think he will miss a lot of time then go for the ring and ride the bench...
    Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Hope Draymond gives him the old Bobby Portis.
    You and I both.

But seriously, what we lost in the Boogie trade was what? A mediocre Buddy? A late first? I don’t know how the trade isn’t a wash now.

I would just like to say that,

I hate the Rockets even more for injuring Cousins and putting us in this situation. They ruined it all. ******** THE ROCKETS.

I hate KD for being a snake ********** and going to the Warriors and taking discounts on his contract to get help like a little **********, because he can't do it on his own. ******** KD.

Cousins you're pathetic. You're not a superstar player. ******** you.

HERE'S PIERRE!!

Golden State used its taxpayer midlevel exception to reach a deal with Cousins, who underwent surgery in late January to repair the torn Achilles. He has been rehabilitating the injury and is hoping to return some time in December or January.
    Alright. Somebody's lying. All summer I've been reading/hearing start of camp. Now it's December/January. Still doesn't make sense as to why he would go there to sit instead of here and sit plus make millions. The Warriors are going to have a hard time winning a championship AGAIN. Complacency is a tough foe.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    Put your money on AD for MVP next season now.
    Count on it.

Also count on each NBA player thinking less of Boogie for what he just did.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I hope you are right but I think the game's superstars see the way things are trending and if you don't have another 2-3 superstars on your team you don't have a chance in today's game with the mega teams we have.

I suspect AD is going to see the way the decks are stacked against him and he is going to be looking to places like Boston/Philly/LA/Houston in the coming years.

Honestly, if I'm Demps, I'm probably already drawing up the plans. I'd say our chances of keeping AD just dropped from 60% to 10%.
    If I’m being honest, I’m not sold on:
    A: Gentry being good enough
    B: Having enough veteran leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Millán View Post
    I would just like to say that,

I hate the Rockets even more for injuring Cousins and putting us in this situation. They ruined it all. ******** THE ROCKETS.

I hate KD for being a snake ********** and going to the Warriors and taking discounts on his contract to get help like a little **********, because he can't do it on his own. ******** KD.

Cousins you're pathetic. You're not a superstar player. ******** you.
    Don't blame the Rockets at all. It was a non-contact injury. He just broke. It wasn't their fault. The only thing you could blame on them was the fact that they played us so close he had to play all those minutes, and you can't exactly blame them for that.

This is definitely a b!tch move by Boogie! He’s such a coward for doing this to AD and the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I think Demps is as incompetent as they come, but this came down to Boogie wanting to chase a ring, and bet on himself. He made the right move for him, but it’s about to set the league back a few years.
    Don’t disagree there. I’m personally not mad at Boogie as much as I’m mad that the Warriors can get away with pantsing us here.

Thread Information