Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Boogie signs with Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I refuse to believe that this is on Demps.
    I mean it looks like multiple sources are all saying that we weren't making a heavy push for Cousins.

And I mean with the news of Davis pushing for Randle hard, perhaps Davis also recognizes the team performed better with bigs that can better play that up tempo style??

It's not on Demps. That's Cousins trying to save face. He didn't need an offer or an official meeting from us. He knew the dollar amounts and we've been talking all summer. Lebron didn't meet with the Lakers and yet had a deal done and in place. This whole "no official meetings or offers" is just more of Cousins being stupid and petty and trying to pass the blame off.

So like the tweet says semantics. He knew what we were offering.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It's not on Demps. That's Cousins trying to save face. He didn't need an offer or an official meeting from us. He knew the dollar amounts and we've been talking all summer. Lebron didn't meet with the Lakers and yet had a deal done and in place. This whole "no official meetings or offers" is just more of Cousins being stupid and petty and trying to pass the blame off.
    Took the words right out of my.mouth.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    So we basically let him walk? I don't know what to believe.

Again, maybe, but we don't know what those numbers were and how serious we were, by all indications right now the organization was not putting a lot of effort into retaining Cousins.

You dont do these things to a franchise you have no beef with. Even if you dont like the "offers" they were giving, there is time to negotiate and still be amicable like men.

There was a major falling out somewhere or they really just didn't want him.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Even the Lakers didn't give him an offer? What, the Mavs didn't have a number for him either?

I find this hard to swallow.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    You dont do these things to a franchise you have no beef with. Even if you dont like the "offers" they were giving, there is time to negotiate and still be amicable like men.

There was a major falling out somewhere.
    The Pelicans front office bungled it, no way around that. They undervalued Boogie.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Even the Lakers didn't give him an offer? What, the Mavs didn't have a number for him either?

I find this hard to swallow.
    I mean one of the possible takeaways is that the progress on his rehab is not going as smoothly as many thought.

There was clearly multiple organizations, including ours, that took a very tepid approach to brining in Cousins.

Is it too late for AD and Jrue to go lock the fat ************** in his house and Deandre him?

Time to change my avatar, first Buddy, now Boogie. My next avatar will be Ajinca since it seems they tend to get shipped out soon after I use them.

Boogie is a punk for joining the Warriors.

I will reserve judgment on Demps until next year

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Dare I even suggest that this just might be a better team with Randle?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Again, maybe, but we don't know what those numbers were and how serious we were, by all indications right now the organization was not putting a lot of effort into retaining Cousins.
    I've told people what the numbers were multiple times already in this thread over 20m/yr including incentives and that number could have even risen higher.

The organization put plenty of effort into Cousins, they just weren't interested in hearing that nonsense about a max offer when no one was offering even close to us. So Cousins got butt hurt and tried to screw the team over by taking substantially less from the Warriors.

I've told people what the numbers were multiple times already in this thread over 20m/yr including incentives and that number could have even risen higher.

The organization put plenty of effort into Cousins, they just weren't interested in hearing that nonsense about a max offer when no one was offering even close to us. So Cousins got butt hurt and tried to screw the team over by taking substantially less from the Warriors.
    No offense, but I have no reason to believe you are some sort of insider.

Unless you can verify it, I'll wait til someone with a proven track record speaks on the numbers or gives a more detailed account of the process on the Pels side.

I actually do think we're a better team than we were last season. Especially after Cousins went down. I also think Ariza will be a bigger blow to Houston than people realize. But I'm deflated by how better LA and GS got. We're trying to be Vageta bit keep ending up Krillin.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    Dare I even suggest that this just might be a better team with Randle?
    I'm with you on this.

No offense, but I have no reason to believe you are some sort of insider.

Unless you can verify it, I'll wait til someone with a proven track record speaks on the numbers or gives a more detailed account of the process on the Pels side.
    Who is going to come out with that? I'm not pretending to be an insider. Lol. When have I ever made any claim about something ever? But I have heard the numbers that were offered. I don't care what you think, You can believe whatever you want. But you asked for numbers and I gave it.

It seems you're desperately trying to build some specific narrative that simply isn't the case. The Pels offered him much more than any other team but Cousins wanted more.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    I actually do think we're a better team than we were last season. Especially after Cousins went down. I also think Ariza will be a bigger blow to Houston than people realize. But I'm deflated by how better LA and GS got. We're trying to be Vageta bit keep ending up Krillin.
    We haven't ended up anywhere. We were never going to beat GSW without something impossible happening anyway. The goal was just challenging them. Getting deeper so that we don't face GSW until the conference finals, hopefully. They'll stay #1, but who is to say the Lakers vault past us.

...also the offseason isn't over yet.

Not even sunshine pumping, optimism. There's still something that's going to happen. I'm going to wait for a while, see how things turn out.

At the point I dont know what to believe, but I'm leaning towards some truth to what Cousins is saying.

I could see those events leading to this insanity. And i still say there has to be more concern over his injury that anybody is letting on. It means nobody really offered him anything close to numbers floating around.

The man just signed a 1 year/5mm contract. double u, tee, eff

They didn't low ball. Cousins wanted a max deal and didn't get offered so he cried like a baby and took his ball home. We offered 4x more than any other team did and he still wanted more.

I agree, no other way to look at it. I started to think, if we offered say15m, he would have more money, gave to sit half year, and would have the option of getting a max deal after this year. Why wouldn't he stay?

Why? I think he knows he is done!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    I agree, no other way to look at it. I started to think, if we offered say15m, he would have more money, gave to sit half year, and would have the option of getting a max deal after this year. Why wouldn't he stay?

Why? I think he knows he is done!!!!!!!!!!
    If he knew he was done even more reason to take the bigger deal. Only reason this happens is because Cousins is petty and instead of taking the biggest offer his pride wouldn't allow him to sign for less than max with us so instead he walks away from everything.

I dont believe it. I cant. He could have gone to Boston and probably made more. Dude is trolling. He doesn't even like the Warriors.

Nothing is binding right now since I'm not sure he can or has actually signed (minimums can sign now however). He can honestly legally Deandre Jordan style troll until signing day.
    Last edited by luckyman; 07-02-2018 at 10:20 PM.

If he knew he was done even more reason to take the bigger deal. Only reason this happens is because Cousins is petty and instead of taking the biggest offer his pride wouldn't allow him to sign for less than max with us so instead he walks away from everything.
    Or, he knows he's done and this season will be his one last chance to get a ring. So he went where he figured he'd have the best shot.

Thread Information