Pelicans Report

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21

Thread: Boogie signs with Warriors

Whats the best offer we can make Randle when he opts out?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Whats the best offer we can make Randle when he opts out?
    10% non bird- so about 10,000,000.So,we need to dump Hill to add under cap to pay Randle & Nico.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    10% non bird- so about 10,000,000.So,we need to dump Hill to add under cap to pay Randle & Nico.
    So Asik part deaux, don’t get tied down to that 1st round pick.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Probably won't be enough anyway

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Probably won't be enough anyway
    but OKC is spending 300 mil on a season. Don't make no dang sense yall.

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    but OKC is spending 300 mil on a season. Don't make no dang sense yall.
    Bird rights and an owner willing to spend

Tim Bontemps: Warriors general manager Bob Myers says there’s no definitive timeline on when DeMarcus Cousins will play, but that, “When he’s ready to play, he’ll play.” Says goal is for him to be ready for the playoffs, not opening night. – via Twitter TimBontemps

Glad we didn't sign him.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Sorry to bring up old stuff...I just thought about something. You know Cousins was saying that the Pels looked at him like a damaged player and didn't offer him anything blah blah blah. Do you think part of the reason he was sticking it to the team and Dell and used the term "damaged" is because of what happened to one of his closest friends when here? Casspi was here one game. Got hurt. And we swiftly discarded him. Like a damaged player. If I recall his wasn't season ending.

Again sorry for bring this up, but it kind popped in my head
    Last edited by Imnos 2; 07-24-2018 at 02:14 PM.

No. Casspi played no part in this.

Come on...

Boogie let a 2 year 40 mill deal to join the Warriors because he was mad at the way we treated Casspi??

And then signs with another team who cut him for injury reasons.

"On April 7, 2018, Casspi, being injured, was waived by the Warriors to make room for Quinn Cook on their playoff roster."

Pels should get the All NBA award for paying hundreds of millions of dollars on injured players over the last 5-6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    Come on...

Boogie let a 2 year 40 mill deal to join the Warriors because he was mad at the way we treated Casspi??

And then signs with another team who cut him for injury reasons.

"On April 7, 2018, Casspi, being injured, was waived by the Warriors to make room for Quinn Cook on their playoff roster."

Pels should get the All NBA award for paying hundreds of millions of dollars on injured players over the last 5-6 years.
    peja, Gordon, jrue, ad, evans and Anderson before that it was cp3, baron davis and Jamaal mashburn

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Tim Bontemps: Warriors general manager Bob Myers says there’s no definitive timeline on when DeMarcus Cousins will play, but that, “When he’s ready to play, he’ll play.” Says goal is for him to be ready for the playoffs, not opening night. – via Twitter TimBontemps

Glad we didn't sign him.
    Some people here actually believed he'd be ready opening night. I said it a few times he won't play any time soon. I gave him February... but that seems too soon.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Some people here actually believed he'd be ready opening night. I said it a few times he won't play any time soon. I gave him February... but that seems too soon.

Lol the posters who were saying cousins won't play until the playoffs or after the all-star break were being called out for not being doctors ,,,,,being told cousins injury happen early and he will play around November,,,,was being told vehemently that there is no evidence that cousins will be out until the playoffs and people should stop saying that lol.....

If we had resigned cousins, I'm on record saying my mind is set for season 19/20.....I wanted cousins back but his injury may have been a blessing for us because I'm loving and excited about the team we have on paper now.....

When Cousins comes back for the Warriors is irrelevant to when he would have come back for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    When Cousins comes back for the Warriors is irrelevant to when he would have come back for us.
    Exactly, they do not need him back to win in the regular season. Their main focus is having him 100% for the playoffs when they need him for matchups.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Exactly, they do not need him back to win in the regular season. Their main focus is having him 100% for the playoffs when they need him for matchups.
    So this implicates that Pels would've put him on the court not knowing if he was fully healed. That is dereliction. & a bit disturbing. GS is going to make sure Boogie is 100% , which too them already entails a late date, but we would've expedited his return irregardless of 100% or not? WOW!

So this implicates that Pels would've put him on the court not knowing if he was fully healed. That is dereliction. & a bit disturbing. GS is going to make sure Boogie is 100% , which too them already entails a late date, but we would've expedited his return irregardless of 100% or not? WOW!
    No. The Pels never were going to put him back before he was fully healed. They were going to bring him back as soon as he was ready to contribute during the regular season. The Warriors are going to bring him back in time to knock the rust off before the playoffs. Both scenarios he is fully healthy but the Warriors have 4 other All Stars so even though he will be healthy and could go they are going to still take it slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No. The Pels never were going to put him back before he was fully healed. They were going to bring him back as soon as he was ready to contribute during the regular season. The Warriors are going to bring him back in time to knock the rust off before the playoffs. Both scenarios he is fully healthy but the Warriors have 4 other All Stars so even though he will be healthy and could go they are going to still take it slow.
    I see this as...Pels would want him back and playing 15-20 minutes a game coming off injury during regular season and his minutes go up in playoffs to 25-30 ...GS has the ability to slowly get him back and he may only play 5-15 minutes a game late in the regular season and 15-25 minutes during playoffs. I don't see him playing 30 minutes a game even in the playoffs.
    Last edited by msw2024; 07-25-2018 at 10:35 AM.

No one said that. It means that GS has the luxury to wait longer to be safe because they have 4 all stars that can get them through most of the regular season without him.

RondOFF and BoogER did us a huge favor, their leaving kept us out of tax this year, which means we won't be a repeat offender. Plus, puts us in a better bargaining position for next summer FA before we supermax AD. So thanks again Booger and Rondoff, glad you're snot here.

Thread Information