Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels sign Julius Randall

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Good news everyone!

Hooray for cap holds!
    care explaining it in simpler terms for us idiots?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    So is this scripted by the NBA to make the Lakers dominant again? The Pels sign Jules and so they can’t bring back Boogie, but oh wait, the Lakers are there ready to lend him a hand and open the door for him, and oh wait, now the Lakers have a Super Team.
    Seems like it.......NBA is loving this right now no doubt......the glass ceiling in this league is too much to deal with.....for teams like New Orleans you semi-compete every now and then.....and just wait for your stars to get cherry picked.....then rinse and repeat

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    care explaining it in simpler terms for us idiots?
    Haha I'm still learning this but we can bring most of our guys back from last year (the important ones anyway) and not go into tax and be able to sign Randle and Payton. No other free agents besides guys for the vet minimum as far as I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan989 View Post
    Seems like it.......NBA is loving this right now no doubt......the glass ceiling in this league is too much to deal with.....for teams like New Orleans you semi-compete every now and then.....and just wait for your stars to get cherry picked.....then rinse and repeat
    The league really needs to finally get serious about a much more straight forward hard cap. Until that it will just be incredibly hard for teams like New Orleans or any smaller market to compete with teams like the Warriors that are willing to pay 400 million in salary and luxury tax.

I would say they need to take seriously the idea of reducing the league as well, but 1.) that probably puts New Orleans on the short list and 2.) they would never do it for revenue/CBA reasons.

Haha I'm still learning this but we can bring most of our guys back from last year (the important ones anyway) and not go into tax and be able to sign Randle and Payton. No other free agents besides guys for the vet minimum as far as I can see.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    I love this signing. Now if Boogie wants to leave then we need a S&T for Ingram/Kuzma and Ball

Hopefully boogie is working with us and we agree on a ST.

We need to take back a similar salary that Boogie will have. Ingram, Kuzma and Ball could work actually but that's a giant pipe dream

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    If Boogie is actually going to the schmucks in Los Angeles, I want Kuzma, and I won't settle for less.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Randle is probably pissed that the Lakers dropped him and cost him millions. He probably sees it as sweet justice to go to the Pels and stick it to the Lakers since they dropped him to sign Rondo.
    According to reports he asked the Lakers to set him free because he seen he wasn't in their long term plans.

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    what did that say? It won't let me see it.
    Basketball.

I raise you what a Houston fan on RealGM says

Not sure there is a better fit in the league for Randle. You've already GOT to play smaller and put your most athletic defender on Davis. Davis will absolutely annihilate a traditional big man.

Randle will bully the crap out of smaller defenders and blow by bigger defenders.

Their offensive rebounding is off the charts.

They got rid of their biggest weakness (Rondo) and Holiday/Payton are both talented scorers and passers.

Going to be a very exciting, high scoring team who can still mark your primary scoring option with Holiday and defend the rim with Davis.

SHooting/Spacing provided from Mirotic and Etwaun Moore.

This team is really, really good.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    If Boogie is actually going to the schmucks in Los Angeles, I want Kuzma, and I won't settle for less.
    Agreed, if they want Boogie they're giving us their small forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Some garbage nobody's garbage opinion

Edit: Wait wrong tweet

I raise you what a Houston fan on RealGM says
    Agreed. Also not sure where the idea that Randle is a reluctant passer comes from. He's not some passing savant, but he averages basically 4apg per 36 for his career, which is not bad at all for a PF/C type.

Marc Spears on DeMarcus Cousins: "From talking to someone close to him, they said, 'as far as the Lakers, not likely'"

7:53 PM - Jul 2, 2018

I don't internets good

BTW I love this addition. He fits very well with our up tempo style of play. He runs the floor and will hustle. I noticed how much better the Lakers played with him on the floor as opposed to when he was on the bench. He was truly the difference maker on that team.

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    Marc Spears on DeMarcus Cousins: "From talking to someone close to him, they said, 'as far as the Lakers, not likely'"

7:53 PM - Jul 2, 2018

I don't internets good
    That's alright, it's no big deal, thank you for the heads up1

Agreed. Also not sure where the idea that Randle is a reluctant passer comes from. He's not some passing savant, but he averages basically 4apg per 36 for his career, which is not bad at all for a PF/C type.
    Hasn't he got triple doubles before too?

People calling it the steal of FA so far at RealGM

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...?f=6&t=1722416

99% approval rating

I’m so curious how all of this is going to play out with Boogie?

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I’m so curious how all of this is going to play out with Boogie?
    He gone

Andrew Rogers - @Andrew_Rogers_: Just wait on it... #BoogieBomb #Thisischessnotcheckers

boogie's manager

Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    According to reports he asked the Lakers to set him free because he seen he wasn't in their long term plans.
    Yes according to who's reports? Lakers have to save face for letting him walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yes according to who's reports? Lakers have to save face for letting him walk.
    https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/...247472129?s=19

Thread Information