Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels sign Julius Randall

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I love Niko but if my options are keep Niko and get no Randle or SF, keep Niko and sign Randle, or sign Radle and trade for a starting SF of Nikos caliber.. I’m going with the sign Randle and trade Niko for a SF route. Only 96 minutes between 4 bigs would leave very few minutes and make much more sense to put those minutes in a SF that will play 30+ mpg.. but with Boogie hopefully returning having 3 other legit bigs is a great thing to have. Either way I’m a happy camper and this team just got a lot better no matter what we decide to do.
    Or, we are buying into our motto of "Do It Big" and plan on playing Niko at the 3 AD 4 Boogie 5 with Randle spelling them

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Boogie may not even play at all next year keep that in mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd keep that in mind if it made any sense, but it's been brought up by people again and again and again on this forum and there's no more evidence to support it now than there was when it started.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Capella & Randle on the court at the same time sure wont help our spreading the court.
    True Dat

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I do still wonder if a sign and trade to Washington could be in the cards? Lakers seem like they are killing most of the avenues to sign Boogie except sign and trade.

Washington basically has Ian Mahinmi and Jason Smith as their centers.

And they have depth at the forward position to make the salaries work(I think).
    Boogie for Otto Porter???

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    They took QPON and co last season for Mirotic. You think they're gonna help us out two years in a row?
    Well, they do have a salary floor they are reuqired to meet, so why not grab some extra picks to meet it?

They haven't been active in FA, so it makes sense..

Unless they feel they can compete and we work out a S&T with DC where they get Hill and Ajinca and we take back Lopez and someone else (Justin Holiday?)
    We would then have cap space and ALOT of trade exceptions where we could move Moore and a 1st for someone like Barnes

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Or, we are buying into our motto of "Do It Big" and plan on playing Niko at the 3 AD 4 Boogie 5 with Randle spelling them
    I do hope we give it a try! But Barnes or Porter for Niko and a 1st would be fine with me!

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    We cant sign Cousins as it stands because we cant be a tax team. So forget about signing and trading until we clear some serious money off the books
    Yes we can sign Cousins as it stands depending what Cousins is willing to take.

I agree however that serious moves are Coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    What is the most we could offer as of right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Cousins does want to go to LA, then S&T is his only option, right?

...we get to go McDonalds
    I'm not sold this doesn't eliminate Cousins. There's only so much frontcourt to go around. I don't imagine Randle was excited about this deal knowing he could easily be the 4th big.

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    Boogie for Otto Porter???
    Thats what I assume the deal would be centered around if Washington was actually interested(and Boogie).

It would make sense for both sides honestly, which is probably why it won't happen lol.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Cousins does want to go to LA, then S&T is his only option, right?
    Pretty much, they would have to take on Hill also though, and I think that would kill the deal for them

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post

With WHAT cap space?

Not a woj or sham bomb

With WHAT cap space?
    Exactly

FYI IcarceratedBob the gambler is probably not a credible source.

If it ain't Woj, it ain't me

Incarcerated Bob at it again I see

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I really dont want AD Cousins Niko and Randle, it's too much at the 4 and the 5.

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    So far it looks like we have downgraded at both positions
    This x1000. I think Lebron James and Magic just roofied the Pelicans.

S&T or accept 5.6m

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I really dont want AD Cousins Niko and Randle, it's too much at the 4 and the 5.
    Only 1 of those guys is on the books after this season

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    I'm not sold this doesn't eliminate Cousins. There's only so much frontcourt to go around. I don't imagine Randle was excited about this deal knowing he could easily be the 4th big.
    Randle is probably pissed that the Lakers dropped him and cost him millions. He probably sees it as sweet justice to go to the Pels and stick it to the Lakers since they dropped him to sign Rondo.

Good news everyone!

Hooray for cap holds!

The dream of signing Boogie and even trading him still lives

Thread Information