Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels sign Julius Randall

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    WoW what a great signing! This doesn’t impact us signing Boogie at all. Do you guys realize how dangerous our group of big men now is!? AD/Boogie/Mirotic/Randle/Diallo is absolutely stacked! This gives us insurance on Boogie allowing him to not log heavy minutes and work his way back into the system. Also gives us insurance on Mirotic who might leave and sign for big $ in a year. What a great signing! Would have rather gotten a wing like Hood but I’ll take it. This could mean we move Mirotic for a SF which I would be fine with for the right guy.
    CHECK IT OUT on Hoopshype!! Randle a Pelican thanks to AD recruitment

WoW what a great signing! This doesn’t impact us signing Boogie at all. Do you guys realize how dangerous our group of big men now is!? AD/Boogie/Mirotic/Randle/Diallo is absolutely stacked! This gives us insurance on Boogie allowing him to not log heavy minutes and work his way back into the system. Also gives us insurance on Mirotic who might leave and sign for big $ in a year. What a great signing! Would have rather gotten a wing like Hood but I’ll take it. This could mean we move Mirotic for a SF which I would be fine with for the right guy.
    Yeah, in a vacuum I take Hood too, but sadly we aren’t in a vacuum.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Diallo, Jackson, Hill and a protected 1st for Leonard? Sign another guard call it a day...

I should post this somewhere else but whatever... Free Agency Baby Yeah!!

Is Randle suited to play the 3, or is he strictly a 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeelsessions View Post
    4, more of a 5

Hes mainly a 5

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Why Randle over Rondo? Age? Potential?
    Ah. Yes all of that. Plus I think 9m for Rondo is an overpay while it's an absolute steal for Randle. Randle fits our system SO GOOD. I am a big Rondo fan, I'm extremely grateful for what he did last year and I fully believe he played a part in elevating Jrue's game. But he was not a long term solution. Randle is a player that could be a long term fit. He absolutely gives us an insane front court rotation.

Very much not a 3. Which is the only reason I'm not all in on this signing. But he can definitely fill an important role because he can play both the 4 and the 5.

I do still wonder if a sign and trade to Washington could be in the cards? Lakers seem like they are killing most of the avenues to sign Boogie except sign and trade.

Washington basically has Ian Mahinmi and Jason Smith as their centers.

And they have depth at the forward position to make the salaries work(I think).

He's technically the right height to play a 3 (he's 6'9), but he's kind of built heavily and cannot shoot at all. Like, literally would be the worst shooter on our team immediately.

He's played 1% of his career minutes at SF, 63% at PF, and 39% at C.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Hes mainly a 5
    Randle is a 4. Lopez was the starting 5 in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    I love the move, but I think NICO is a perfect fit for this team.
    I love Niko but if my options are keep Niko and get no Randle or SF, keep Niko and sign Randle, or sign Radle and trade for a starting SF of Nikos caliber.. I’m going with the sign Randle and trade Niko for a SF route. Only 96 minutes between 4 bigs would leave very few minutes and make much more sense to put those minutes in a SF that will play 30+ mpg.. but with Boogie hopefully returning having 3 other legit bigs is a great thing to have. Either way I’m a happy camper and this team just got a lot better no matter what we decide to do.

I would trade ROndo for Randle everyday & twice on Sunday. BIG GET!
    Yea man really. Why are people so upset, it is a no brainer for Rondo. At the end of his career and what better way to go out than in L.A with Bron. This was a good pickup no matter if Boogie leaves or not. Randle has a lot of potential and playing alongside AD will open that up for him. Change of scenery is what Randle needs. We were NOT going anywhere next year so who can blame Rondo.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    Yea man really. Why are people so upset, it is a no brainer for Rondo. At the end of his career and what better way to go out than in L.A with Bron. This was a good pickup no matter if Boogie leaves or not. Randle has a lot of potential and playing alongside AD will open that up for him. Change of scenery is what Randle needs. We were NOT going anywhere next year so who can blame Rondo.
    Greatest thing about it is: CBS reporting that Randle is a PELICAN because of AD recruitment push!

We cant sign Cousins as it stands because we cant be a tax team. So forget about signing and trading until we clear some serious money off the books

Randle is a 4. Lopez was the starting 5 in LA.
    Randle played 39% of his career minutes at the 5. So thinking he's a 5 most of the time isn't far off.

I love Niko but if my options are keep Niko and get no Randle or SF, keep Niko and sign Randle, or sign Radle and trade for a starting SF of Nikos caliber.. I’m going with the sign Randle and trade Niko for a SF route. Only 96 minutes between 4 bigs would leave very few minutes and make much more sense to put those minutes in a SF that will play 30+ mpg.. but with Boogie hopefully returning having 3 other legit bigs is a great thing to have. Either way I’m a happy camper and this team just got a lot better no matter what we decide to do.
    Yeah, I could do that, but it qould really have to be a whopper of a SF!

Let's get Capella and have AD play the 3...

Boogie will be out half the season, so this is a good signing regardless
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Randle played 39% of his career minutes at the 5. So thinking he's a 5 most of the time isn't far off.
    I like it because AD & Randle dont really need a position.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I do still wonder if a sign and trade to Washington could be in the cards? Lakers seem like they are killing most of the avenues to sign Boogie except sign and trade.

Washington basically has Ian Mahinmi and Jason Smith as their centers.

And they have depth at the forward position to make the salaries work(I think).
    Or, we could be working something with a team with alot of cap space left to dump some salaries (i.e. Bulls)

They could absorb Hill and Ajinca easily, and it would make their tank job even easier while getting some extra picks..

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    Let's get Capella and have AD play the 3...
    Capella & Randle on the court at the same time sure wont help our spreading the court.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Or, we could be working something with a team with alot of cap space left to dump some salaries (i.e. Bulls)

They could absorb Hill and Ajinca easily, and it would make their tank job even easier while getting some extra picks..
    They took QPON and co last season for Mirotic. You think they're gonna help us out two years in a row?

Boogie may not even play at all next year keep that in mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basketball Guru

I been down all off season for moving Niko for your boy Harrison Barnes....would lock up our SF spot.....jrue,,Barnes,,AD would be tight...

Thread Information