Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels sign Julius Randall

So is this scripted by the NBA to make the Lakers dominant again? The Pels sign Jules and so they can’t bring back Boogie, but oh wait, the Lakers are there ready to lend him a hand and open the door for him, and oh wait, now the Lakers have a Super Team.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    If no Boogie...Could we trade for Leonard right now?

Be gentle...
    TECHNICALLY yes.

Would the Spurs have any reason whatsoever to do it, and could we offer anything good? No.
    Basketball.

I hope this doesn’t hurt us getting Boogie back.

This is actually pretty cool

Can he shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    TECHNICALLY yes.

Would the Spurs have any reason whatsoever to do it, and could we offer anything good? No.
    K, thanks

So who plays the 5?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    This is actually pretty cool

Can he shoot?
    From the games we played against him seemed like a decent mid range shooter.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Ginburg said it wouldnt ! Either was a S&T w/ Rondo or MLE!
    Yeah Makes sense. If I had to guess is we are probably dumping to contracts like Ajinca to get under the hardcap. Also Cousins could have been willing to adjust his deal to make this work.

Either way we are hardcapped. No way around that. I can't even begin to comprehend all the juggling that will take place. I will say this though: I 1000% would rather give Randle 9m/yr than Rondo.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    This offseason has been so weird....

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    So is this scripted by the NBA to make the Lakers dominant again? The Pels sign Jules and so they can’t bring back Boogie, but oh wait, the Lakers are there ready to lend him a hand and open the door for him, and oh wait, now the Lakers have a Super Team.
    Signing Randle isn't going to stop us from signing Cousins. The Lakers can't come close to offering what we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

Either way we are hardcapped. No way around that. I can't even begin to comprehend all the juggling that will take place. I will say this though: I 1000% would rather give Randle 9m/yr than Rondo.

Why?

Sweet I like Randle! Especially if he keeps AD happy. 6’9” 240 and put up 16 & 8. May take us out of the getting Cousins, but oh well. If we can add Payton, Randle, and hopefully get us a decent small forward through a Cousins sign & trade or through free agency I’ll be happy.

We swept the Blazers without Cousins. We lost Rondo, but got a younger point guard that is a hometown kid with some upside. Now if we can get us a decent small forward and vet minimum backup center, I’ll be happy to trade out them, Payton, and Randle for Cousins and Rondo. Hopefully Diallo tears it up in summer league and looks good enough to be the backup center so we can use all that money for a 3. If Payton can’t start, I’ll be happy with a Jrue & Moore starting backcourt.

C: AD, Diallo
    PF: Randle, Mirotic
    SF: X, Miller, Hill
    SG: Moore, Jackson
    PG: Jrue, Payton

So we can still sign Cousins, we just can’t sign and trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Sweet I like Randle! Especially if he keeps AD happy. 6’9” 240 and put up 16 & 8. May take us out of the getting Cousins, but oh well. If we can add Payton, Randle, and hopefully get us a decent small forward through a Cousins sign & trade or through free agency I’ll be happy.

We swept the Blazers without Cousins. We lost Rondo, but got a younger point guard that is a hometown kid with some upside. Now if we can get us a decent small forward and vet minimum backup center, I’ll be happy to trade out them, Payton, and Randle for Cousins and Rondo. Hopefully Diallo tears it up in summer league and looks good enough to be the backup center so we can use all that money for a 3. If Payton can’t start, I’ll be happy with a Jrue & Moore starting backcourt.

C: AD, Diallo
    PF: Randle, Mirotic
    SF: X, Miller, Hill
    SG: Moore, Jackson
    PG: Jrue, Payton
    It doesn't take us out of the Boogie sweepstakes, and stop putting AD at C, he's already said multiple times he will not play that position. It's more likely we stick Randle there, as he's been C for the Lakers often - 49% of last season's minutes were spent at C for him.

So it’s a 2 year deal, 2nd year is player option.

WoW what a great signing! This doesn’t impact us signing Boogie at all. Do you guys realize how dangerous our group of big men now is!? AD/Boogie/Mirotic/Randle/Diallo is absolutely stacked! This gives us insurance on Boogie allowing him to not log heavy minutes and work his way back into the system. Also gives us insurance on Mirotic who might leave and sign for big $ in a year. What a great signing! Would have rather gotten a wing like Hood but I’ll take it. This could mean we move Mirotic for a SF which I would be fine with for the right guy.

So we can still sign Cousins, we just can’t sign and trade him.
    We can still sign and trade him. The hardcap is just what we have to stay under.

Why?
    I'm not sure what this why was in regards to. Lol

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Yeah Makes sense. If I had to guess is we are probably dumping to contracts like Ajinca to get under the hardcap. Also Cousins could have been willing to adjust his deal to make this work.

100%%%% Im ecstatic!

The more I think about it, maybe we are going to give Cousins a 1+1 deal for about 15 million (player option 2nd year).. Keeps Boogie happy, we dont overpay while hes on a minutes restriction, and he opts out next year fully healthy then we max him..

Pushes the LT back one more year, and we go all in in 2019

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    WoW what a great signing! This doesn’t impact us signing Boogie at all. Do you guys realize how dangerous our group of big men now is!? AD/Boogie/Mirotic/Randle/Diallo is absolutely stacked! This gives us insurance on Boogie allowing him to not log heavy minutes and work his way back into the system. Also gives us insurance on Mirotic who might leave and sign for big $ in a year. What a great signing! Would have rather gotten a wing like Hood but I’ll take it. This could mean we move Mirotic for a SF which I would be fine with for the right guy.
    I love the move, but I think NICO is a perfect fit for this team.

https://twitter.com/jgsiegel/status/...934984705?s=19

So we used the full MLE on Randle. Which means Payton will fit into the Bae. Which means we are hard capped 100%. Which means we are clearing contracts to sign Cousins.

I'm not sure what this why was in regards to. Lol
    Why Randle over Rondo? Age? Potential?

Basketball Guru
    Randall is that beast that will get us points down low.....not scared to play in the paint.....I also believe AD recruit him because of the Kentucky brotherhood and manly for Randall to play the 5 lol.....

https://twitter.com/jgsiegel/status/...934984705?s=19

So we used the full MLE on Randle. Which means Payton will fit into the Bae. Which means we are hard capped 100%. Which means we are clearing contracts to sign Cousins.
    Which means trades coming. Say goodbye to our next 4 1st rounders

Payton is pretty Bae too

Ajinca has to be gone, maybe Moore

Thread Information