Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: Pels sign Julius Randall

I think the opposing Centers will be much more concerned about having to chase down AD and JR. Really. Imagine Cousins trying to shuffle along with that.

I can't wait to see AD vs Boogie and JR vs Dray in the playoffs....

Geezus is this argument still going on lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    I can't wait to see AD vs Boogie and JR vs Dray in the playoffs....
    Yes that will be very fun! I think both of our guys present problems that they don't.

I think many people are underrating this Julius Randall signing. I think IF he gets the minutes (30+), you will see a 20ppg/10reb/4ast guy for the Pelicans.

Also, you play this guy at the 5. He was tearing up the NBA when he became the Lakers center. While he doesn't have the wingspan, he has the strength to keep up with the other teams center. On offense, he will a mismatch with his speed, ball handling, and strength vs opposing centers.

On top of all that, he is a perfect fit for what Alvin wants to do. He is an asset in a high-paced offense as he shown last year with Luke Walton's system.

Finally, he was considered the Lakers "enforcer", which is what the Pelicans have been missing. He is a true "bully" and someone that can counter the likes of Dreymond Green.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    that sediment may have changed.
    Sunk to the bottom, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by R Pelly View Post
    I think many people are underrating this Julius Randall signing. I think IF he gets the minutes (30+), you will see a 20ppg/10reb/4ast guy for the Pelicans.

Also, you play this guy at the 5. He was tearing up the NBA when he became the Lakers center. While he doesn't have the wingspan, he has the strength to keep up with the other teams center. On offense, he will a mismatch with his speed, ball handling, and strength vs opposing centers.

On top of all that, he is a perfect fit for what Alvin wants to do. He is an asset in a high-paced offense as he shown last year with Luke Walton's system.

Finally, he was considered the Lakers "enforcer", which is what the Pelicans have been missing. He is a true "bully" and someone that can counter the likes of Dreymond Green.
    I think what makes him great is that we don't have to slow down pace for a big body center like we did with Boogie. We just need to figure out a successful way to beat GSW and HOU at their own game playing pace and space. Got some great potential and speed on defense with Randle. Just got to turn Payton into a decent defender. Really worried about the PG position at the moment. Got to turn Payton into a viable starter. Randle is already a fringe star in my opinion. He just need to break out.

Luckily, we aren't doing much this year and we can spend a lot of time developing the both of them all year and get a modest playoff run. Extend Mir and Randle. Get a good FA wing in the offseason. Hopefully, GSW start to break up with Klay leaving. Pretty excited.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Sunk to the bottom, I think.
    This conversation has really eroded.

Jim Eichenhofer: Julius Randle on his perspective of being part of the future in New Orleans with #Pelicans: “I want this to be home, and a long-term thing. This is a group that is young, energetic and can really grow together.”

Jim Eichenhofer: Julius Randle on coming to New Orleans: “This was the best fit for me and the best spot… there wasn’t really a better fit than coming here.”

Scott Kushner: Randle said he reached out to AD and then said AD called him three times “to get the job done”
    I like Julius already!

That’s all very encouraging. ^
    All set for him to have a break out year!
    '' We are here!!''

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    . Jim Eichenhofer: Julius Randle on his perspective of being part of the future in New Orleans with #Pelicans: “I want this to be home, and a long-term thing. This is a group that is young, energetic and can really grow together.”

Jim Eichenhofer: Julius Randle on coming to New Orleans: “This was the best fit for me and the best spot… there wasn’t really a better fit than coming here.” Scott Kushner: Randle said he reached out to AD and then said AD called him three times “to get the job done”
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    I like Julius already!
    Yea I love him now! I really think he might win MIP this season. He just gained a big fan with that answer!

Theres a report that Randle turned down more money to come to the Pels... Could we possibly be turning into a FA destination??

There were more lucrative deals on the table and Randle’s contract will allow him re-enter free agency next summer if he chooses. But make no mistake, he views New Orleans as the place he wants to be long term. That’s one of the main reasons he decided to sign with them
    https://clutchpoints.com/pelicans-ne...h-new-orleans/

I think it's a lot of factors.

We've been trying to get Randle for awhile now so he knows we really want him there. He can also see the fit of the team and knows this is his best or one of the best fits in the entire league. AD can cover for his lack of size and lack of range and even Niko to some extent.

His deal also allows him to get a free agent next year so while maybe he did turn down more money he has a lot of flexibility going forward in a system that wants and fits him.

I fully believe him when he says he wants this to be a long term situation. Of course he does. Now if some team throws a max offer at him next summer does he turn it down? No of course not. But I do believe him when he sees this team as one he wants to stay on for a long time.

“For me, this is not about this season or next,” Julius Randle said at his introductory press conference. “I want this to be home and this to be a long-term thing. I feel like this is a group where guys are young and energetic and they can grow together.”
    Bit of good news after the Jerry West screwing us over thing today

Thread Information