.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13
Results 301 to 311 of 311

Thread: Pels sign Julius Randall

  1. #301
    I think the opposing Centers will be much more concerned about having to chase down AD and JR. Really. Imagine Cousins trying to shuffle along with that.

  2. #302
    I can't wait to see AD vs Boogie and JR vs Dray in the playoffs....

  3. #303
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! bahmamamba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,718
    Geezus is this argument still going on lol

    Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

  4. #304
    Basketball Guru GuardianAngel25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    6,553
    Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    I can't wait to see AD vs Boogie and JR vs Dray in the playoffs....
    Yes that will be very fun! I think both of our guys present problems that they don't.

  5. #305
    I think many people are underrating this Julius Randall signing. I think IF he gets the minutes (30+), you will see a 20ppg/10reb/4ast guy for the Pelicans.

    Also, you play this guy at the 5. He was tearing up the NBA when he became the Lakers center. While he doesn't have the wingspan, he has the strength to keep up with the other teams center. On offense, he will a mismatch with his speed, ball handling, and strength vs opposing centers.

    On top of all that, he is a perfect fit for what Alvin wants to do. He is an asset in a high-paced offense as he shown last year with Luke Walton's system.

    Finally, he was considered the Lakers "enforcer", which is what the Pelicans have been missing. He is a true "bully" and someone that can counter the likes of Dreymond Green.

  6. #306
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    that sediment may have changed.
    Sunk to the bottom, I think.

  7. #307
    Quote Originally Posted by R Pelly View Post
    I think many people are underrating this Julius Randall signing. I think IF he gets the minutes (30+), you will see a 20ppg/10reb/4ast guy for the Pelicans.

    Also, you play this guy at the 5. He was tearing up the NBA when he became the Lakers center. While he doesn't have the wingspan, he has the strength to keep up with the other teams center. On offense, he will a mismatch with his speed, ball handling, and strength vs opposing centers.

    On top of all that, he is a perfect fit for what Alvin wants to do. He is an asset in a high-paced offense as he shown last year with Luke Walton's system.

    Finally, he was considered the Lakers "enforcer", which is what the Pelicans have been missing. He is a true "bully" and someone that can counter the likes of Dreymond Green.
    I think what makes him great is that we don't have to slow down pace for a big body center like we did with Boogie. We just need to figure out a successful way to beat GSW and HOU at their own game playing pace and space. Got some great potential and speed on defense with Randle. Just got to turn Payton into a decent defender. Really worried about the PG position at the moment. Got to turn Payton into a viable starter. Randle is already a fringe star in my opinion. He just need to break out.

    Luckily, we aren't doing much this year and we can spend a lot of time developing the both of them all year and get a modest playoff run. Extend Mir and Randle. Get a good FA wing in the offseason. Hopefully, GSW start to break up with Klay leaving. Pretty excited.

  8. #308
    The Franchise billfromfinance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,952
    Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Sunk to the bottom, I think.
    This conversation has really eroded.

  9. #309
    Hall of Famer Creative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    627
    Jim Eichenhofer: Julius Randle on his perspective of being part of the future in New Orleans with #Pelicans: “I want this to be home, and a long-term thing. This is a group that is young, energetic and can really grow together.”

    Jim Eichenhofer: Julius Randle on coming to New Orleans: “This was the best fit for me and the best spot… there wasn’t really a better fit than coming here.”

    Scott Kushner: Randle said he reached out to AD and then said AD called him three times “to get the job done”
    I like Julius already!

  10. #310
    Beep Beep England_Hornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    796
    That’s all very encouraging. ^
    All set for him to have a break out year!
    '' We are here!!''


  11. #311
    Basketball Guru GuardianAngel25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    6,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    . Jim Eichenhofer: Julius Randle on his perspective of being part of the future in New Orleans with #Pelicans: “I want this to be home, and a long-term thing. This is a group that is young, energetic and can really grow together.”

    Jim Eichenhofer: Julius Randle on coming to New Orleans: “This was the best fit for me and the best spot… there wasn’t really a better fit than coming here.” Scott Kushner: Randle said he reached out to AD and then said AD called him three times “to get the job done”
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    I like Julius already!
    Yea I love him now! I really think he might win MIP this season. He just gained a big fan with that answer!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •