Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade Idea

Trade Idea Trade Idea

Ajinca, Moore, and a first, top 5 protected for TJ Warren.

Any thoughts?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Nah.

Nada, why does everyone want to get rid of Moore? He played great last year.

Warren is attainable but not the right player for this team IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Nada, why does everyone want to get rid of Moore? He played great last year.
    To get a proper wing which Warren is? We could cover Moore with Clark and Jackson

How about S&T Boogie hill and a 1st to Cleveland for Love and Hood (we hard capped anyway)

Cleveland gets a superstar back to sell hope to the fans and a pick to help their rebuild, we get our C and a SF

We can then flip Niko to Charlotte for Kemba

Save moore and Ajinca for a trade at the deadline.. We could go into the season with:

Kemba/Payton/Jackson
    Jrue/Moore/Liggins
    Hood/Miller
    AD/Randle/Diallo
    Love/okafor

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    How about S&T Boogie hill and a 1st to Cleveland for Love and Hood (we hard capped anyway)

Cleveland gets a superstar back to sell hope to the fans and a pick to help their rebuild, we get our C and a SF

Save moore and Ajinca for a trade at the deadline.. We could go into the season with:

Kemba/Payton/Jackson
    Jrue/Moore/Liggins
    Hood/Miller
    AD/Randle/Diallo
    Love/okafor
    Love is made ineffectual as a C. He's very, VERY soft and easily bullied in the post. He finds it difficult to defend anyone with muscle in the post, and he is reluctant to drive. I do not want him, especially given his continuous injury problems and history of back problems.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Love is made ineffectual as a C. He's very, VERY soft and easily bullied in the post. He finds it difficult to defend anyone with muscle in the post, and he is reluctant to drive. I do not want him, especially given his continuous injury problems and history of back problems.
    I went with Love, because unless they are bound and determined to have Boogie back, it looks like we are going with a small ball, run the court type of offense, and love fits that perfect while shooting almost 45% from 3 (still gives us that deadly 3 point shooter)

I will say though, I would much rather Boogie back, it's just looking more and more like it wont happen

I went with Love, because unless they are bound and determined to have Boogie back, it looks like we are going with a small ball, run the court type of offense, and love fits that perfect while shooting almost 45% from 3 (still gives us that deadly 3 point shooter)

I will say though, I would much rather Boogie back, it's just looking more and more like it wont happen
    Just want to say, before anything else, that Love very much does not shoot nearly 45% from 3. He shot 41% from 3 this year, and that was his career high in 3pt %age.

Moving on, Love is not a small ball player. It seems like he would be, because of his rebounding abilities and capacity to stretch the floor as a 5 while technically being a 4. But he is not.

Small ball is reliant on offensive versatility, and on the ability to switch on defense. Love is not offensively versatile: after his shot vanished in the playoffs, the Cavs started multiple games trying to get him going in the post and he is not tough enough to make post moves with any kind of real defensive pressure. He doesn't have that aspect in his game, and hasn't for some years since he lost weight. He also cannot switch: Curry showed that in the finals when he was continually blown by for easy layups. He's also not a good rim protector, and doesn't generally defend well at the rim due to his lack of athleticism leading him to box out for boards rather than contest shots.

Basketball Guru

Kemba/Payton/Jackson
    Jrue/Moore/Liggins
    Hood/Miller
    AD/Randle/Diallo
    Love/okafor

I like the lineup but the problem would be love because it was reported that part of the problem with him was that he didn't want to play 5 either.....maybe he roll with it on a playoff team...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    I like the lineup but the problem would be love because it was reported that part of the problem with him was that he didn't want to play 5 either.....maybe he roll with it on a playoff team...
    He was on a playoff team.

The Franchise
    This would work for both butler and Kawhi.

1. Trade solo, Moore, Miller, Liggins, AA, Diallo, and okafor (most prob dropped) for Kemba and Batum. To me we shouldn’t have to give up anything to take on that big contract. Even if we stopped here I’d be ok but here is step 2

2. Trade Batum and 3 Firsts for either Kawhi or Butler and 2 seconds. It sound like a lot but it accomplishes 2 things. We put together a very good team this year with the ability to resign for bird rights if they want to stay. We also clear all our salary for 2019 with really only Davis and Jrue on the books. The only thing I’d try to do is get these players to agree if they want out that they’ll do a sign and trade. Even if we could recoup a few players or firsts it’s a win win. It’s a little strap 3 picks but if you could recoup even one or 2 or say get Ingram if we trade Kawhi to the lakers. The good for the players is they don’t lose their bird rights and we would trade them wherever they wanted.

Kemba, Elfrid, Jackson
    Jrue, Clark
    Butler/Kawhi, FA (scalp Washington for oubre or stanoraski for exception)
    Davis, Randall
    Mirotic, Monroe/jahil okafor

TRADE IDEA
    We send our 2019 1st and second to WHOMEVER let Boston and Minn decide. Boston may have to give up one of their 6000 picks. All teams win.
    Boston can drop Lig and Oak, AA is expiring, this gets Butler and Kyrie together and gives them over 5.5 mil cap space now and another 5.5 mil space from AA at years end when they need to extend KI and JB. Minn gets our picks probably a pick from Boston knowing Butler is gone anyway since he burnt the bridge with Towns and Wig. We get our 3 in HaywardClick image for larger version. 

Name:	hay2.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	6348

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    TRADE IDEA
    We send our 2019 1st and second to WHOMEVER let Boston and Minn decide. Boston may have to give up one of their 6000 picks. All teams win.
    Boston can drop Lig and Oak, AA is expiring, this gets Butler and Kyrie together and gives them over 5.5 mil cap space now and another 5.5 mil space from AA at years end when they need to extend KI and JB. Minn gets our picks probably a pick from Boston knowing Butler is gone anyway since he burnt the bridge with Towns and Wig. We get our 3 in HaywardClick image for larger version. 

God Bless You! But Nirvana doesnt exist.

Some of these trades...nobody is trading a serviceable player for a poopoo platter.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The Franchise
    TRADE IDEA

Surprised it works. We take in 30 mill and send out barely 20 million but Hayward would fit nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Some of these trades...nobody is trading a serviceable player for a poopoo platter.
    I guess I can't see it so please tell me who gets the poopoo platter?

I guess I can't see it so please tell me who gets the poopoo platter?
    Minnesota traded Butler and ended up with only Solo. We ended up with Hayward and sent 4 poopoo platters to Minnesota and Boston. You can't make this stuff up

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Depends on if a team is looking to shed salary or gain picks or help the tank, especially if you know you can’t keep the player. Kawhi and butler are supposedly not happy and said they won’t resign so when is a good time to move them. I think you’ll get more now than at the trade deadline but it’s a gamble either way.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Minnesota traded Butler and ended up with only Solo. We ended up with Hayward and sent 4 poopoo platters to Minnesota and Boston. You can't make this stuff up
    I too think it’s a little light on picks and players but I’ve seen bad trades happen so I’ll never criticize anyone opinions too harshly.

Minnesota traded Butler and ended up with only Solo. We ended up with Hayward and sent 4 poopoo platters to Minnesota and Boston.. You can't make this stuff up
    You guys have zero vision, Boston gets Butler, therefore Kyrie and he can be together as has been widely suggested will happen next year anyway. Plus Boston gets over 11 mil in cap space. They don't need Hayward now, with Tatum and Brown. Minn has this yr then Butler is gone. Minn also gets our picks more if necessary but Boston gets the real value so they should include a 2nd at least
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 07-04-2018 at 01:48 PM.

You guys have zero vision, Boston gets Butler, therefore Kyrie and he can be together as has been widely suggested will happen next year anyway. Plus Boston gets over 11 mil in cap space. They don't need Hayward now, with Tatum and Brown. Minn has this yr then Butler is gone. Minn also gets our picks more if necessary but Boston gets the real value so they should include a 2nd at least
    I guess that's decent logic, but I don't think Minnesota takes 2 years of Solo just to get a pick in the mid twenties

Come on, even “adequate” small forwards are a rarity, so when a half way decent one comes along they get a Solo type deal, and then a year or two later teams realize those “adequate” small forwards are less than adequate, and move them because their contracts don’t match their value. These guys like Butler and Hayward match their contracts (actually they are on sweetheart deals if anything. So why would a team move on from such a scarce commodity? Nobody is rolling 2 deal at sf, so if a team trades their starting sf, they don’t exactly have equal value sitting on the bench, and what we are sending isn’t going to equal that production. I’m not trading away my 2018 Ferrari for your 89 Camry, old lawn mower, and $15.

Also, you have guys saying that we can land Butler or Hayward by including protected picks. Why not say it’s #1 overall ? The other pick can resign themselves to the fact that by trading you their player you won’t be drafting anywhere close to the top 10 picks (not with Jrue, and AD), so why play around with the thought that we might have a top 5 pick? If you land one of those top small forwards you will not be drafting anywhere close to the middle of the draft, so protecting the pick is useless.

I just find some of these trades to be silly. Keep dreaming though, because what’s the worst that can happen? You get a Vlade Divac type who goes stupid and makes a weird trade.

I guess that's decent logic, but I don't think Minnesota takes 2 years of Solo just to get a pick in the mid twenties
    My original post indicated our 1st and 2nd, plus maybe a second from Boston, but hell, lets incl 2021 1st and second as well. That's way more then they paid for Butler a yr ago and we are in good shape if Frank, Tony etc. come around

My original post indicated our 1st and 2nd, plus maybe a second from Boston, but hell, lets incl 2021 1st and second as well. That's way more then they paid for Butler a yr ago and we are in good shape if Frank, Tony etc. come around
    EP
    Jrue
    Hayward
    AD
    Randle

Jackson
    Etwaun
    Miller
    Diallo
    Mirotic

That's a nice-a squad

Thread Information