Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rondo a Laker

Rondo a Laker

Oh well. Best of luck Rondo

In my opinion, this is a big loss. This is more then just basketball. Its about the motivation and veteran presence that Rondo brings

Quote Originally Posted by SAINTS26 View Post
    In my opinion, this is a big loss. This is more then just basketball. Its about the motivation and veteran presence that Rondo brings
    Agreed.. sorry Mods feel free to merge multiple threads

Quote Originally Posted by SAINTS26 View Post
    Yup.

People who say that this isn’t a big loss didn’t watch our playoffs this past season. When it’s winning time Rondo is your road dawg.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Dang, this stinks!!!

But will LeBron let Rondo do his thing or not?

Huge loss. The kind that could affect a team's psyche.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

That's why players like him sign 1 year deal. Outperformed your contract and get a better deal elsewhere next season.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    But don't you know that the Lakers being good is "good" for the nba

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    This is why I hate the NBA culture. Everyone likes to dickride all the superstars and go where they wanna go.

So tired of the NBA media. The NBA was bad enough.

I hate to be a downer....and I haven't posted here in like....some years....but this is very very very bad news. The team ran off of Rondo's coaching on and off the court. Jrue was able to be Jrue. AD was able to get easy highlight lobs and the offense ran smoothly. Cousins and Rondo are pretty darn close. So....Boogie going to LA? I've been a fan of the Hornets/Pelicans too long for me to be heart broken but this is a major blow. There's no other point guard out there that can bring what Rondo gave us.

I guess the Pels didn't open their wallets enough or in their defense maybe it was just a too good of an offer or situation to pass on for RR.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    But will LeBron let Rondo do his thing or not?
    That is partially why this is such a weird choice. Both players are incredibly ball dominant and demanding that people bend to their leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    That is partially why this is such a weird choice. Both players are incredibly ball dominant and demanding that people bend to their leadership.
    Not to mention Ball but he probably gone

Cousins is next.....so time to reload.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    This is why I hate the NBA culture. Everyone likes to dickride all the superstars and go where they wanna go.

So tired of the NBA media. The NBA was bad enough.
    Yup it's a joke if it was up to them there'd only be like 4 teams in the league and everyone else are just farm teams for them.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    Cousins is next.....so time to reload.
    Ditto ! Everyones acting as if the world is ending! We have a Pure Point in Peyton, & 2 Combos in Jackson & Jrue~ We have Nico & AD! Suck it up. a 33yr old 6'1" PG wanted to go somewhere else for more money. Happens all the time! Frank Jackson might be the next Donovan Mitchell. DELL isnt done. PELS will be just fine.
    Last edited by Tinman; 07-02-2018 at 04:44 PM.

I think they get Leonard and we get boogie. Boogie may be damaged goods tho

tv reporting 9 mil 1yr deal

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    I think they get Leonard and we get boogie. Boogie may be damaged goods tho
    Top Priority is re-signing NICO next year! Obviously along with SUPER MAXING AD!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    tv reporting 9 mil 1yr deal
    Didnt report yesterday say RONDO wanted stability w/ Multi Year Deal? Welp, so that goes.

I would have rather we kept rondo over post injury boogie... for real.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Maybe Rando represents a way to keep a high IQ guy on the floor at all times; that is, he doesn't play with James and Ball but comes off the bench to run the second team.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Boogie is outta here imo. AD outta here next year. Rondo is a domino with Boogie being the next to fall. Dell, back the truck up and pay Boogie please. Please Dell.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

I hope if Boogie leaves it’s for a sign and trade if it’s not Dell should be fired . That means we lost Boogie Rondo and Buddy , Tyreke for nothing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will bet anybody whatever $ they want that this team will be better next season without Rondo.. that Jrue becomes even better and maybe people realize it was because of his hard work and not Rondo having some magical powers. Jrue and our lineups were better when Rondo wasn’t on the floor. Not gonna be as easy when there aren’t 5+ easy assists a game as a result of AD being the best compliment in the nba for any PG. Sure Rondo brought some positives but the negatives outweighed them. He played absolutely no defense getting abused every single game. Only shot he could make was a wide open 3 pointer that every team in the nba begged him to shoot hurting the entire offense having to play 4 vs 5.. his few flashy passes and alley oops a game along with his “leadership” will be missed but everything else will not. He was the most over rated presence in the NBA last season and the stats back it up.

Thread Information