Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Alex Kennedy
    @AlexKennedyNBA
    ·
    47m
    The Utah Jazz and New Orleans Pelicans have expressed interest in free agent Trevor Booker, according to league sources. They join the Minnesota Timberwolves, Houston Rockets, New York Knicks and San Antonio Spurs (whom I mentioned last night) as possible suitors for the big man

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He got much more guaranteed money to stay with Pels. Pacers offer was reportedly a little more on an annual basis, but was only for 2 years.
    I mean it's all speculation. The only thing we know for certain is Jrue himself in an interview said he turned down more money to come back to Nola.

Could he have been lying? Sure. But I see no reason after the fact when asked, "How did the Pels letting you take care your family factor into your decision?" for him to lie about getting a higher offer and turning it down. Nor does he seem to be that type of person.

I know many soured on Tyreke and his ball dominant ways, but always felt he had the moxie to take big shots when others apparently didn't want the ball at the end of games.

Seems like he adjusted his mind frame when he signed with Grizzlies and played damn well for them, especially the improvement in his 3 point shooting, which was always what held him back from being the perfect 3 & D, we have coveted.

I bet many who were down on Tyreke when he left would love to,have him back now, if they knew he could hit 37% of his 3's, possibly be the 2nd team point and know that he understands the team hierarchy now. Tyreke and Mirotic would form the basis for a scary 2nd team and would be,one of the better ones. If we could get Tyreke back, along with re-sign Boogie and Rondo, that's as a successful off-season as we possibly could have.

Wizards mentioned as "long shot" as a sign-trade partner for Boogie. Just got an update from Bleacher (per Kevin O'Connor of the Ringer).

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by irvchilichill1 View Post
    I know many soured on Tyreke and his ball dominant ways, but always felt he had the moxie to take big shots when others apparently didn't want the ball at the end of games.

Seems like he adjusted his mind frame when he signed with Grizzlies and played damn well for them, especially the improvement in his 3 point shooting, which was always what held him back from being the perfect 3 & D, we have coveted.

I bet many who were down on Tyreke when he left would love to,have him back now, if they knew he could hit 37% of his 3's, possibly be the 2nd team point and know that he understands the team hierarchy now. Tyreke and Mirotic would form the basis for a scary 2nd team and would be,one of the better ones. If we could get Tyreke back, along with re-sign Boogie and Rondo, that's as a successful off-season as we possibly could have.

I always said reke can get to the rim against anyone and i never understood why none of our coaches ISO reke and let him take curry to the rim all day long...we never post up reke on smaller guards smdh.....reke and jrue back court would make curry work on defense and not give him time to rest on that end.....reke,,jrue,,Miller,,Niko, and another shooter would be a 3pt fest...reke breaking his man down and getting to the rim one on one or him making the defense collapse and kicking it out to a shooter......

I don't get the feeling Demp's or Gentry were ever down on Reke, he had to be included to make the trade for Boogie work. Hopefully he understands that and would be willing to come back. Dude was the driving force behind AD's first trip to the playoffs.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If we lose Cousins, let it be via sign and trade. And either let us get a massive trade exception or a wing who isn't garbage.

Otherwise, I want Cousins here. It's our best play.

If Reke comes back will Reke Havoc come back too?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Is there any more actual news on the reke front or just the same one?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If Reke comes back will Reke Havoc come back too?
    He posts every once in awhile. Always drops a bit of the inside info too. I'd be interested in hearing what he's heard on this free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Is there any more actual news on the reke front or just the same one?

No, nothing new.

Really hope Cousins stays. If he does, I would hope we stop with the point-center experiment. Since we are talking about Reke, having Boogie running offense, especially with under 4 min to go, reminded me of Reke hero ball. I get why we tried it out with all of the injuries and no true point guard at the time (rondo coming off injury early in the season), but I feel like it just takes away from the rest of our guys so much ESPECIALLY ANTHONY DAVIS and Jrue.

Inserting Cousins and Reke (or whatever starting 3, allowing 3twan to come off the bench) into the offense we ran after Boogie got hurt honestly feels like an NBA championship formula. Maybe the only formula that could possibly stop the Warriors.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    I wouldn’t expect tyreke back, not that I have any info on him just seems like that info came from his agent.

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    I wouldn’t expect tyreke back, not that I have any info on him just seems like that info came from his agent.
    Any news at all you could possibly slip us lol

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Haven’t heard much. Expect boogie and rondo back and some cheap signings later in free agency. I’m sure dell would love to trade for a wing (like bazemore) but I think that might be difficult

Speak of the devil! Glad to see you man.

My 1st thought was something similar. Seems like Tyreke is trying to drive up his price higher than the Taxpayer MLE. I'm not sure teams will be willing to give up much more than that.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 07-01-2018 at 04:31 PM.

Haven’t heard much. Expect boogie and rondo back and some cheap signings later in free agency. I’m sure dell would love to trade for a wing (like bazemore) but I think that might be difficult
    Preciate the info

What I've never understood is why teams buy out players but the Pelicans can't buy out Ajinca.

Am I missing something here?

God I hope not Bazemore....

Hurray!

Return of the King!

AD Supermax won't be an issue till 2021, right?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    What I've never understood is why teams buy out players but the Pelicans can't buy out Ajinca.

Am I missing something here?
    Yes. Ajinca is an expiring contract this year so he can be added to any trade without the receiving team taking back any long term money. This makes him an asset at the trade deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yes. Ajinca is an expiring contract this year so he can be added to any trade without the receiving team taking back any long term money. This makes him an asset at the trade deadline.
    But wouldn't this be the case for other teams too?
    Like Philly with Bayless and Brooklyn with Howard?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    But wouldn't this be the case for other teams too?
    Like Philly with Bayless and Brooklyn with Howard?
    Sure. But Howard doesn't want to play for the Nets so he's being bought out.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I think we are working on the trades of Ajinca and Hill right now. Big salary dump perhaps

Thread Information