.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1165

Thread: NBA Free Agency

  1. #1026
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    5,922
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Pass
    With 3 Williams on the team, one of them has to stick right?

  2. #1027
    The Franchise pawel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    2,197
    Agree. If you are on multiyear minimum. Have NG deal and can play some. Dont see a risk there.
    It will never hurts.

  3. #1028
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post


    Randle's jumpshot was looking smooth today
    I didn't see anyone miss in that video! Even the guys on the other court in the background, what the hey? LOL

  4. #1029
    Charter Member Contributor PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    19,877
    Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    It's a non guaranteed expiring. That's a asset you can use in a future trade. A trade is the only way the Pels get a wing that will move the needle or contribute. The more tradable assets the team can aquire the better off they are. It's 1.4 mil non guaranteed if you cut him before the season you lost nothing. If he earns a spot great and you can package him with other assets to upgrade later. I see no harm in that.
    Non guaranteed contracts are no longer worth anything in a trade (unless the contract becomes guaranteed before the trade). Only guaranteed portions of contracts are used in the calculations for trades now.

  5. #1030
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Non guaranteed contracts are no longer worth anything in a trade (unless the contract becomes guaranteed before the trade). Only guaranteed portions of contracts are used in the calculations for trades now.
    It's not guaranteed if he is released before the season. If he makes the roster than you have a expiring contract on a min deal.

  6. #1031
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Are you guys sure yall were thinking of Troy Williams last year and not KJ McDaniels? I don't think Troy Williams has ever been on my radar.
    Have wanted KJ for some time...

  7. #1032
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,884
    silverfoxx who posts here reporting we may havfe signed Oakafor

  8. #1033
    The Franchise pawel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    2,197
    Better use of words might be we are 'in advanced talks'

  9. #1034
    The Franchise pawel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    2,197
    As MM reported second year is unknown there (PO.TO.NG etc)

  10. #1035
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    silverfoxx who posts here reporting we may havfe signed Oakafor
    As in Jalil? Because we already have Emeka

    If so, who is the odd man out? Surely we aren't keeping all the front court guys...

    Could there be a trade in the works to move someone? Maybe Ajinca?

    Or something involving Niko for Butler? I can dream right?
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 08-02-2018 at 11:50 PM.

  11. #1036
    The Franchise pawel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    2,197
    Probably Emeka Okafor will be gone in this situation.
    Ajinca is going to be used as an expiring. Now for a bigger expiring or at the deadline.

  12. #1037
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    5,922
    Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    As MM reported second year is unknown there (PO.TO.NG etc)
    Who is this for?

  13. #1038
    The Franchise billfromfinance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,959
    jahlil potential signing, MM musing on injuries and pels lineups never playing together. one of our bigs must have lost their leg in a tragic car door closing accident.

  14. #1039
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,884
    Where is MM musing on injuries?

  15. #1040
    The Franchise pawel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    2,197
    Jahlil worked a lot on his body recently. he bet on himself.

    he understands that no one will pay him more than minimum.

    it might be smart to leave yourself (I mean NOP) option on the second year.
    probably it won't be a deal breaker but still

    he had some knee issues in the past. but with minimum deal it is not a big risk


    Jahlil terrifies me a little. Also he has some potential.
    for a minimum it might be worth a shot. Pels can cut him without much hesitation...

  16. #1041
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,884
    Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Jahlil worked a lot on his body recently. he bet on himself.

    he understands that no one will pay him more than minimum.

    it might be smart to leave yourself (I mean NOP) option on the second year.
    probably it won't be a deal breaker but still

    he had some knee issues in the past. but with minimum deal it is not a big risk


    Jahlil terrifies me a little. Also he has some potential.
    for a minimum it might be worth a shot. Pels can cut him without much hesitation...
    There's very little risk, what terrifies you?

  17. #1042
    I can't find anything saying we signed Okafor?

  18. #1043
    The Franchise billfromfinance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,959
    We haven't, just a rumour from silverfoxx at this stage.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

  19. #1044
    The Franchise pawel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    2,197
    What terrifies is his lack of defense.
    As an offensive player he is fine as a 4-5th big.
    will he be fine with smaller role. Lack of playing time. Like Emeka...

  20. #1045
    The Franchise pawel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    2,197
    His agent is well known Bill Duffy. Shams and Woj knows him. Expect the announcement from them first.
    Of course if sides will agree. But interest is there.

  21. #1046
    Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    What terrifies is his lack of defense.
    As an offensive player he is fine as a 4-5th big.
    will he be fine with smaller role. Lack of playing time. Like Emeka...
    I mean his defense can't be worse than Diallo's right?

  22. #1047
    The Franchise pawel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    2,197
    IMO there is no room for Diallo AND Jahlil in NO.
    Especially when they share agent...

  23. #1048
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    5,922
    Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    IMO there is no room for Diallo AND Jahlil in NO.
    Especially when they share agent...
    I'm thinking Diallo is out in a trade if they are going after Okafor.

    Maybe: Hill and Diallo for Bazemore?

  24. #1049
    The Franchise pawel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    2,197
    I will do any combination of such deal. With Diallo as a sweetener.
    Heck. I will throw Pels second rounder into this deal.

  25. #1050
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    5,922
    Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    I will do any combination of such deal. With Diallo as a sweetener.
    Heck. I will throw Pels second rounder into this deal.
    My only concern is what if Bazemore picks up his 19M option?

    Makes things harder to go after a high level FA.
    I think Bazemore only helps us this season and we hope he balls out and he tests free agency.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •