Pelicans Report

Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency

If everyone is healthy I think the Boston could give the Warriors everyone they can handle, heck they could probably take them to 7.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

TRADE IDEA
    We send our 2019 1st and second to WHOMEVER let Boston and Minn decide. Boston may have to give up one of their 6000 picks. All teams win.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hay2.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	6347

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    TRADE IDEA
    We send our 2019 1st and second to WHOMEVER let Boston and Minn decide. Boston may have to give up one of their 6000 picks. All teams win.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hay2.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	6347
    That trade would push Boston over the top I think, but why does Minny do it? Also, the Celts are going to need to resign some people soon, so what does this do to their cap flexibility?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    That trade would push Boston over the top I think, but why does Minny do it? Also, the Celts are going to need to resign some people soon, so what does this do to their cap flexibility?
    Boston can drop Lig and Oak, AA is expiring, this gets Butler and Kyrie together and gives them over 6 mil cap space now and AA at years end when they need to extend KI and JB. Minn gets our picks probably a pick from Boston knowing Butler is gone anyway since he burnt the bridge with Towns and Wig. We get our 3

How is Jabari Parker not signed yet? He can ball, just needs to stay healthy. He's definitely worth a cheap 1-2 year deal. Low risk, high reward. Demps should be all over finding a way to make this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeelsessions View Post
    How is Jabari Parker not signed yet? He can ball, just needs to stay healthy. He's definitely worth a cheap 1-2 year deal. Low risk, high reward. Demps should be all over finding a way to make this happen.
    He is a RFA, that’s why he is unsigned. Frank Jackson should recruit him.

Idk who or what it will look like but I have a feeling Dell is going to pull off a pretty big trade soon. Probably bring in a PG for us

Theres grumblings that OKC is working on a buyout and stretch for Melo.. For vet minimum I say bring him in

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Theres grumblings that OKC is working on a buyout and stretch for Melo.. For vet minimum I say bring him in
    Why

I would be all for going after Gordon Hayward if made available. He would be a great fit on this team and locked in for multiple years. He would also be a great fit back on his former Jazz team.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Why
    Why what? Why are they buying him out? Or why bring him in for vet min?

Vet minimum it cant hurt to have him, he causes trouble or dont buy in kick him to the curb or trade him somewhere for a 2nd rounder

I think if Melo gets bought out he will either join the Lakers or Rockets. LeBron and CP3 are both best friends of his. Both of those teams could use his services as well especially on a minimum deal. My guess is Melo goes to Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Why what? Why are they buying him out? Or why bring him in for vet min?

Vet minimum it cant hurt to have him, he causes trouble or dont buy in kick him to the curb or trade him somewhere for a 2nd rounder
    Because he's a giant black hole and goes against everything our offence is

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Because he's a giant black hole and goes against everything our offence is
    But, as stated if he doesnt buy into our offense, kick him to the curb.. He may be pretty happy to know he would pretty much be wide open all the time at the 3 point line, and for a minimum contract, we wont find anyone better

Guess so

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I'm not a fan of bringing any ball hogs in. But if you can get Carmelo for the vet min (lol), I say go for it. And if it doesn't work out? boot him. Low Risk, High Reward. (For vet minimum only of course, I'm not at all a Melo fan).

Anyone who thinks Melo is an asset to any team does not understand the most simplest aspects of basketball. dude makes every team less than in the role he demands.

I hope melo doesn’t get bought out at all. Let Oklahoma eat that contract.
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

Haven't paid much attention to the Hawks in a while. How do we feel here?

And yeah, Hayward and Leonard would put us back into "maybe we could pull off the upset" level. I still think we have the league's best front court. If we can keep AD, Niko, and JR and add one of them, it's on. That's my unlikely pipe dream.

When Benson bought the team, there was talk of how his money would keep us relevant. Certainly seems to always be the case. AD, Boogie, to now.....it hasn't materialized but we've always had hope. PreBenson we would just luck into success and there wasn't ever much hope inbetween. I feel good about the franchise eventually breaking through.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 07-04-2018 at 05:39 PM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    Anyone who thinks Melo is an asset to any team does not understand the most simplest aspects of basketball. dude makes every team less than in the role he demands.
    I'd agree. "With the role he demands". And sadly, some team will give him that role. But nonetheless if he'd accept the role he needs to be in, he could be VERY useful coming off the bench as a main scorer.

C - Okafor
    PF - Mirotic
    SF - Anthony
    SG - Clark
    PG - Jackson

Defense? Eh.....?
    Offense? Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Haven't paid much attention to the Hawks in a while. How do we feel here?

And yeah, Hayward and Leonard would put us back into "maybe we could pull off the upset" level. I still think we have the league's best front court. If we can keep AD, Niko, and JR and add one of them, it's on.

When Benson bought the team, there was talk of how his money would keep us relevant. Certainly seems to always be the case. AD, Boogie, to now.....it hasn't materialized but we've always had hope. PreBenson we would just luck into success and there wasn't ever much hope inbetween. I feel good about the franchise eventually breaking through.
    I think I've heard that Schroder is more of a ball dominant PG who is more of a scorer that a facilitator. I could be wrong though.

I feel like there is a NBA crisis actor type population of Melo fans. What do you see that 99% of gm's don't? It's like dating a drunk.... if he changes... he would be the best... just the best ever... OK!

The opportunity cost of his roster spot and salary hit is not worth the experiment.

Schroeder has 3 years/47 mil left and averages 4.8 assists for his career.

Why??

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    I feel like there is a NBA crisis actor type population of Melo fans. What do you see that 99% of gm's don't? It's like dating a drunk.... if he changes... he would be the best... just the best ever... OK!

The opportunity cost of his roster spot and salary hit is not worth the experiment.
    Vet mins dont count against the cap

Thread Information