Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Have to disagree, feel like Dell gave him finger first, he said he wanted 8 mil per 2 yr deal, and our best offer was 3.9, less than half. He would have stayed for 8, he got 9.
    We literally could not offer him 8, we couldve gave him the TMLE (5.7ish), or 20% raise to what he made last year...

Dell's hands were tied

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Betrayed when we couldn't give him the best offer because we still have 2 bad contracts in Ajinca and Hill. It's Rondo fault... cute. You guys wanna be so blind to the front office sometimes when we only had like 4 winning seasons in the past 15 years...
    Like I said, I understand why he's gone to LA, I understand that he wanted more money than we were willing/able to give, I understand that, but I cannot help feeling betrayed for those reasons. I am aware that that feeling is an irrational feeling, because loyalty is not a quantifiable factor. I'm not blaming him: I do not want him to, nor do I expect him to feel at all bad about his choice. But just based entirely on my personal, subjective, irrational emotional response, I feel betrayed. That's just how it is.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    We literally could not offer him 8, we couldve gave him the TMLE (5.7ish), or 20% raise to what he made last year...

Dell's hands were tied
    Guess who tied them

Boogie likes Isiah Thomas too so maybe we could sign him and Boogie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Last bad contract he gave out was years ago. I'm over it, nothing can be done. I feel betrayed by Rondo because he spent the whole year giving it the big one about feeling like a family, mentoring Jackson, working with Jrue, bonding with AD, and sideline coaching Diallo, because we took the chance on him when no other team would touch him because he'd been nuts in the past. Then he gives us the finger and goes to LA to ringchase.
    It's not true that no other team would touch him. Lakers were willing to give him a similar deal last season. He took a paycut to come here to compete for a championship. He owes us nothing

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Guess who tied them
    Well, at least it's for a player that can play, and not someone like Deng

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    It's not true that no other team would touch him. Lakers were willing to give him a similar deal last season. He took a paycut to come here to compete for a championship. He owes us nothing
    ''I'm not blaming him: I do not want him to, nor do I expect him to feel at all bad about his choice. But just based entirely on my personal, subjective, irrational emotional response, I feel betrayed. That's just how it is.''

Dell's hands were tied
    Tied because of tax? PAY THE TAX. Think of the message this sends. If Boogie goes too, AD is gone w/o supermax. Dell better go get Bledsoe or someone to keep Cuz because this looks like we are too money conscience

''I'm not blaming him: I do not want him to, nor do I expect him to feel at all bad about his choice. But just based entirely on my personal, subjective, irrational emotional response, I feel betrayed. That's just how it is.''
    You're not allowed to feel things man don't ya know that by now lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Guess who tied them
    Even I know the answer to this question.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Boogie likes Isiah Thomas too so maybe we could sign him and Boogie

this was my thought as well. Sure a lot of people might see him as a cancer and washed up and want thim nowhere near the team, but a lot of people would have said the same of Rondo last year.

If he comes cheap not a huge risk

Tied because of tax? PAY THE TAX. Think of the message this sends. If Boogie goes too, AD is gone w/o supermax. Dell better go get Bledsoe or someone to keep Cuz because this looks like we are too money conscience
    It's not a matter of paying the tax, we dont have his bird rights so the ABSOLUTE most we couldve paid him was around 5.7ish...They are willing to go into the tax, if they weren't they wouldnt be trying to re-sign Cousins..

We couldve gave him 7-8 using the non-taxpayer MLE, but then we are hard capped and cant fit Cousins in..

Their hands were literally tied

You dont understand the CBA. We dont have Rondo's bird rights, it's not about affording it. Its about the legality of the contract offer.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    You're not allowed to feel things man don't ya know that by now lol

I know right, forgot that I was supposed to be a computer that only processes things via profit calculations

Get ready to bend over for Lebron as the Lakers take Cousins and Rondo. We might as well trade AD before he leaves for the Lakers outright. We could take back Deng and Ball to complete the raping.

We signed Randall

I know right, forgot that I was supposed to be a computer that only processes things via profit calculations
    Exactly lol now you're getting it. I feel a little like you too though. It is Def frustrating.

We signed Randall

So Boogie's gone.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Exactly lol now you're getting it. I feel a little like you too though. It is Def frustrating.

Jl;ius Randle ! 2/18 Welcome to N.O.

It's not a matter of paying the tax, we dont have his bird rights so the ABSOLUTE most we couldve paid him was around 5.7ish...They are willing to go into the tax, if they weren't they wouldnt be trying to re-sign Cousins
    I know/understand why, but that isn't how it seems. Dell should have found a way to make space. The average fan and maybe some of the players see he asked for 8, we offer less than half of that, and he gets 9. NOT PRETTY!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    If we lose Boogie over this I’m going to be one sad panda.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    We signed Randall

DUDE is a Baller. Tough as nails! We are gonna be really YOUNG & we are gonna really run!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Holy ******** seriously? Thanks rondo that's a hell of a back up big to have crazy.

I know/understand why, but that isn't how it seems. Dell should have found a way to make space. The average fan and maybe some of the players see he asked for 8, we offer less than half of that, and he gets 9. NOT PRETTY!
    Yeah, we just call up other teams and say "Hey take Hill and Ajinca off our hands, we not taking anything back, thanks"

Doesnt work that way

Did the Pels just sign Julius Randle??? Having trouble embedding the Woj tweet

Thread Information