Pelicans Report

Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Also, I just woke up.

Hurry up with the other pieces Woj

Lulz, and people here thought that we could land Kawahi for Hill, Ajinca, Diablo, and a protected 1st rounder.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Spurs have a worse small forward rotation than us now?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Lulz, and people here thought that we could land Kawahi for Hill, Ajinca, Diablo, and a protected 1st rounder.
    Who honestly thought that?

Does Leonard have a no trade clause? I can't see him agreeing to go to Toronto.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by VooDooKnight View Post

I doubt it since the Kawhi trade rumour mill has been churning for months now

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Who honestly thought that?
    I don’t think anyone actually thought that. It was brought up in other threads (the logic being that SA would rather something than nothing), but I don’t think that any logical person thought that A) SA would trade within their division B) That that poopoo platter would land anything more than a laugh.

2019 offseason gonna be lit. Butler, Leonard, and etc being on the market. We are great position to get a solid wing.

Yeah. Spurs must not be getting much else from other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    I get these points but I don't know how much better they are. I think adding Kawhi to those two guys would be an upgrade. But this seems more like a lateral move to me. Yes I know Leonard is a better overall player. But does anyone believe that they are better than Boston after this move? Still looks like a team that will exit in 2nd round.
    If you are Toronto and buying into your Raptor hype, you're remembering that you were the best Eastern Conference team and then you just couldn't get past LeBron. I agree with you that Boston and Philly could take them but the homerism can be strong.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...379625986?s=21

“Spurs have agree to trade Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green to Toronto for DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl and a protected 2019 first-round pick, league sources tell ESPN. Trade call with league office is starting shortly.”

Pick is top 20 protected, then converts to 2 2nd rounders the following year

Looks like Pops is getting his new no name center, but I think in the Spurs system Poeltl will do well.

I realize that he is possibly a 1 yr rental, but it is hard for me to believe that SA didn't turn down better deal offers than this.

I think Demar Derozan is one of the best shooting guards in the league, and Jakob is on his way to being a more than serviceable 25mpg center. It’s really not that bad a haul.

The girl who sits next to me at work is more upset about Danny Green leaving. Apparently he is a big fan favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDooKnight View Post

Why? Didn’t they have the top seed in the east last year? Lebron left to the west, so they only have Boston and Philly really to worry about at the top. He’s in a way better situation than in SA IMO. I don’t think he wanted to play with Lebron cause he wants to be the big dog like Kyrie. And if I had the choice to live just about anywhere Toronto would be right up there.

I think SA did great. DeMar is the best 2 guard in the league that can also play the 3 if needed. I always wanted him here before he took off. Poettl fits right in with what Pops likes in his bigs. I wish they would of traded him to LA lol
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-18-2018 at 02:39 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Anyone else think Toronto really screwed the pooch here? Leonard has already made it known he's not playing long term in Toronto. So what was the point of trading DeRozan? Cap issues?

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Anyone else think Toronto really screwed the pooch here? Leonard has already made it known he's not playing long term in Toronto. So what was the point of trading DeRozan? Cap issues?
    I think Masai was probably already about to start kicking the tires on breaking up the Lowry-DeRozan duo. Imagine trading DeRozan in a salary dump that didn’t include a better player like Kawhi... between that, the chance Toronto could have a nice season, and the minuscule chance Kawhi likes the Views From the 6, it makes sense to roll the dice hear. When Kawhi bolts you simply ship off Lowry and you still have all your prime young guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, how the Raptors told DeRozan he was the future 2 weeks ago, and then shipped him off today, I don’t blame players for going where the money is. The only people in sports who are suckers for loyalty are fans, players and teams need to view this as it is, a business.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Going all in for next season. Kawhi definitely makes that team better and maybe you hope that will be enough without Lebron in the East to get the 1 seed again and sneak past Boston/Philly.

Also probably some naive Paul George OKC thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Going all in for next season. Kawhi definitely makes that team better and maybe you hope that will be enough without Lebron in the East to get the 1 seed again and sneak past Boston/Philly.

Also probably some naive Paul George OKC thinking.
    Smart move for Toronto. One year rental and hope you get some good luck and make it to the finals. Unload one of your overpaid contracts in Derozan because he and Lowry weren’t bringing you a championship anyway. Plus you get Danny green to replace him at sg. That Toronto lineup is loaded now
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    @wojespn: ESPN reporting with @ChrisBHaynes: Toronto finalizing a deal to acquire San Antonio star Kawhi Leonard. https://t.co/bzkRsFXXYy

m.twitter.com/wojespn

Am I the only one who thinks this makes no sense from Toronto's standpoint? What are they trying to do here?
    This is absolutely the dumbest thing Toronto could have ever done.. That team is finished and was actually starting to turn themselves into a destination with a gigantic market.. I see people saying they are shedding salary.. LoL getting rid of one of the best SGs in the league isn’t a smart salary shed.. also shedding salary for what? Soon they will be over paying players just to get above the salary floor because no player worth their salt is going to sign there. The Spurs are going to be a very good team next year once again. Derozan is a great fit on that team with what they have.. Obviously Leonard one of my favorite players would have been ideal going forward but Derozan is not far behind.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 07-19-2018 at 01:32 AM.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    People sleeping on Poeltl, I wanted to draft him. He's going to be a very solid player for Pop. At the most Raptors got a 1 year rental with Leonard. Clear win by Spurs.

Shams Charnia: Restricted free agent Marcus Smart has agreed to a four-year, $52M deal to return to the Boston Celtics, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    This is absolutely the dumbest thing Toronto could have ever done.. That team is finished and was actually starting to turn themselves into a destination with a gigantic market.. I see people saying they are shedding salary.. LoL getting rid of one of the best SGs in the league isn’t a smart salary shed.. also shedding salary for what? Soon they will be over paying players just to get above the salary floor because no player worth their salt is going to sign there. The Spurs are going to be a very good team next year once again. Derozan is a great fit on that team with what they have.. Obviously Leonard one of my favorite players would have been ideal going forward but Derozan is not far behind.
    Derozan is very good, but not in the class of someone like Leonard or the other stars in the league. I think he is a bit overrated because he is a good scorer. His defense is very bad.

Thread Information