Pelicans Report

Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Jabari Parker has so much talent. But how you gonna pay this man who still hasn't played a full season in his 4 year career $20M? Mind boggling.

Makes Randle's contract look like even more of a steal.

Adrian Wojnarowski: Free agent guard Shabazz Napier has agreed to a two-year deal with the Brooklyn Nets, league sources tell ESPN. Napier, 27, had his best pro season with the Blazers last year.

Channing Frye has agreed to a one-year, $2.4 million deal with the Cavs.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Not a surprise that he turned it down. Can get more re-signing next year.
    Yea but look at guys like Boogie and Thomas.. 1 injury can take you from $100 million to making less then $5 million. What has happened recently should have a lot of players thinking twice about waiting.. I really think this helps us with AD who will have a hard time passing on that $ knowing anything can happen.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Yea but look at guys like Boogie and Thomas.. 1 injury can take you from $100 million to making less then $5 million. What has happened recently should have a lot of players thinking twice about waiting.. I really think this helps us with AD who will have a hard time passing on that $ knowing anything can happen.
    Boogie could've got $40 million recently but the poor sap is too hard headed.

Hopefully you're right. I'm not in the crowd that thinks AD is a walking injury waiting to happen (has played 75 games both of the last two seasons, and seems to be getting injured less frequently as he adjusts and settles into full adulthood), but it could be that there's an inkling of ''just-in-case'' in his thinking when it comes to signing long term for the supermax.
    Basketball.

To be fair 1 injury didn't take Cousins down from 100m to 5m. It took him down to 40m. He took himself down to 5m by refusing the 40m.

Say what you want with Boogie and what rumors you heard. All I know is guy signed for $5 million wether he was forced to or not because of his injury. Either way he lost over a $100+ million. When AD has that extension hovering over his head after just witnessing a year as bad as any in terms of players losing out on big $ in just 1 year he will be more likely to ink that contract. I never thought AD was really injury prone especially never having any major issues. Still his injuries have to be taken into account just how easy it can happen.

When you factor in everything we have a lot going our way. It will be a life changing amount of $ and the biggest contract in NBA history. Even if he waits the whole contract out he will still have plenty of time to go chase a ring. He also probably won’t have to wait until 3 years in to get out of here if wanted by demanding a trade with the leverage that he won’t sign. We would be in a great position to get a nice haul of players instead of a Leonard type of situation. Like I said 2 players in the prime of their careers were looking at $100+ million each to now signing 1 years deals for $2 and $5 million.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 07-14-2018 at 09:19 PM.

AD's situation is completely different. He will be offered a supermax. Butler was offered a simple extension. He will get in the neighborhood of $30 million more to sign next offseason. Sure, it is a gamble that they could sustain a career-ending injury, but that is pretty rare.

AD posted on IT's IG Livestream that the team tried to bring him in, but as we know he chose to join Denver. Does this show what type of guard we're targeting?

Quote Originally Posted by TPDG22 View Post
    AD posted on IT's IG Livestream that the team tried to bring him in, but as we know he chose to join Denver. Does this show what type of guard we're targeting?
    I'm hoping that either AD is just being polite, or he's speaking of IT in a sort of 6th man role. If we're really targeting score first high usage rate PGs who can't defend anything, then that's no fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    16 man roster?
    That was just a show of options before cutting down the roster. Okafor and/or Liggins would be gone in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    That was just a show of options before cutting down the roster. Okafor and/or Liggins would be gone in that situation.
    Fair enough.

Damn wish we would have gotten IT! Especially since AD was on board.. Love how so many want to shoot down ITs game as the know all but when you ask NBA players who actually have to guard him it’s a different story.. hmm who am I gonna listen to?

Damn wish we would have gotten IT! Especially since AD was on board.. Love how so many want to shoot down ITs game as the know all but when you ask NBA players who actually have to guard him it’s a different story.. hmm who am I gonna listen to?
    Probably listen to the NBA GMs who thought he was only worth a minimum.

Mark Murphy: Danny Ainge confirms @Shams Charania report that Celtics have agreed to terms with PG Walter Lemon Jr. on two-way deal. “Speed, strength and experience,” he said.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Aw. Love me some Dante.

Not saying we needed him

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Probably listen to the NBA GMs who thought he was only worth a minimum.
    Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Mark Murphy: Danny Ainge confirms @Shams Charania report that Celtics have agreed to terms with PG Walter Lemon Jr. on two-way deal. “Speed, strength and experience,” he said.
    Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Fun fact: in the long and pathetic tradition of Celtics fans begging at the feet of other franchises for their superstars, I've already seen Celtics fans argue that the signing of Walter Lemon Jr is a move to acquire AD, because in a potential trade, Lemon Jr has already been on the Pelicans roster and we would ''take someone [we're] used to'' along with some draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Fun fact: in the long and pathetic tradition of Celtics fans begging at the feet of other franchises for their superstars, I've already seen Celtics fans argue that the signing of Walter Lemon Jr is a move to acquire AD, because in a potential trade, Lemon Jr has already been on the Pelicans roster and we would ''take someone [we're] used to'' along with some draft picks.
    I mean, if you're Dell, how could you possibly say no to a Lemon Jr for AD straight up trade!!??

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    I mean, if you're Dell, how could you possibly say no to a Lemon Jr for AD straight up trade!!??
    Are you saying that Dell is a Boston mole ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't even know if two way contracts can be traded.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't even know if two way contracts can be traded.
    No idea either. Even if they can though, it's borderline insanity to even entertain that trade idea.

Thread Information