Pelicans Report

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1195

Thread: NBA Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    And that's why the rich get richer.
    Stupid lotto teams always bailing out.
    There has to be future 1st round picks involved.
    Otherwise the Suns a ****** stupid.

I mean we couldn't even give up bloody Asik without sending out a 1st.
    The league makes about as much sense a chocolate teapot, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were no picks involved at all.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I like that trade for Houston. They get out of 2yrs/$41m for Anderson in exchange for 2yrs/$29m for Knight, as well as gaining a top ten pick who's still only 21 to replace him, and who's on a tiny 2yrs/$7m deal. They save $5m overall, and gain a young PF who's zero risk, all reward if he ends up being decent.
    I really cannot understand the incentive for Phoenix to do that deal. It makes almost no sense.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Also, according to: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml

The Thunder will clear a roster spot and save millions by waiving veteran forward Kyle Singler, The Oklahoman confirmed on Thursday. Singler, 30, was the fourth-longest tenured player on the Thunder and was set to make $4,996,000 this season, the final guaranteed year of a five-year extension he signed in 2015. The final year of that deal was a team option for 2019-20. Oklahoman

By waiving Singler, the Thunder will beat the Friday deadline to use the stretch provision and have it apply to this season. The stretch provision allows the Thunder to stretch out Singler's guaranteed money remaining over the next five seasons. The Thunder will have close to $1 million in dead money on its cap until the 2023-24 season, which should do minimal damage to its salary based on NBA salary cap projections. Oklahoman
    Read more at http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumor...gpbY6gTbaJr.99

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Remember this trade when you call a fan proposal unrealistic.

Morey needs to be arrested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I really cannot understand the incentive for Phoenix to do that deal. It makes almost no sense.
    They got Melton whom a lot of people are very high on.

Tyrone Wallace has agreed to an offer sheet with the Pelicans according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.
    ESPN's Ian Begley adds that the offer is a two-year deal at the minimum. The Clippers have the ability to match the offer, but may not because of their depth at both guard spots. A 6'5" combo guard, Wallace would be an intriguing fit on the Pelicans because of his defense and could be a nuisance for the fantasy value of Elfrid Payton and E'Twaun Moore. In 30 appearances last season, Wallace averaged 9.7 points, 3.5 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 0.9 steals.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...=roto:nba:gnav

We sure love us some combo guards lol. Dude played pretty good in his 30 games last year. Nice little signing IMO

Wallace may be a great fit for us

Pelicans Maybe small forward ...

I've read his wingspan is 6’10” and he did play small forward for the Clippers last year for some games. Certainly, that is an area of need for the Pelicans.

Surely, one of these SF types sticks. No?

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Surely, one of these SF types sticks. No?
    Can you imagine if the Pels actually had their own G-League team? It'd be 1 PG, 1 SG, 1P F, 1 C, and 9-10 SF.

I think we might see more Wallace pointguard than Wallace sf. I wouldnt play him and Elf together

Clips have two days to match. they have 15 players under contract with the addition of Beverly's contract they have to decide on as well. Hope they pass. Seems like a good pick up. Lowe praised him during the season for his play.

With all of these "wings" being signed this offseason will it lead to a Solomon Hill trade?

Quote Originally Posted by TPDG22 View Post
    With all of these "wings" being signed this offseason will it lead to a Solomon Hill trade?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I remembering liking Morris in college. Hasn't done much in the League though.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I remembering liking Morris in college. Hasn't done much in the League though.
    I actually played ball with this guy in a 24hr fitness out here in L.A. It's funny hooping with pro's you can just notice the level of polish. Also you don't realize how strong these guys are into you play on the same court.

I doubt morris makes th squad but I wouldn't be shocked if Wallace shines in our system as a spot up shooter. he has scoring talent and he will have opportunities. hope he has defensive upside too.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    I doubt morris makes th squad but I wouldn't be shocked if Wallace shines in our system as a spot up shooter. he has scoring talent and he will have opportunities. hope he has defensive upside too.
    I don't know if his strength is spot up shooting. He seems to have a serious driving floater game with either hand, very crafty scorer around the bucket and a good passer.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Tyrone Wallace has agreed to an offer sheet with the Pelicans according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.
    ESPN's Ian Begley adds that the offer is a two-year deal at the minimum. The Clippers have the ability to match the offer, but may not because of their depth at both guard spots. A 6'5" combo guard, Wallace would be an intriguing fit on the Pelicans because of his defense and could be a nuisance for the fantasy value of Elfrid Payton and E'Twaun Moore. In 30 appearances last season, Wallace averaged 9.7 points, 3.5 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 0.9 steals.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...=roto:nba:gnav

We sure love us some combo guards lol. Dude played pretty good in his 30 games last year. Nice little signing IMO
    I'm still waiting to hear if the Clippers matched. The deadline was end of work day today and it was said they weren't expected to match so I'm just looking for confirmation.

I like Wallace as a 4/5th guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'm still waiting to hear if the Clippers matched. The deadline was end of work day today and it was said they weren't expected to match so I'm just looking for confirmation.

I like Wallace as a 4/5th guard.
    Me too what’s the hold up I like this kid I hope we get him .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I don't know if his strength is spot up shooting. He seems to have a serious driving floater game with either hand, very crafty scorer around the bucket and a good passer.
    I am pretty sure the stat on him is the vast majority of his shooting comes off 0-2 dribbles. Shoot, nothing wrong with being a slasher too. I just hope he plays good defense and has a decent game iq

Thread Information