Pelicans Report

Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1195

Thread: NBA Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Hang on hang on, are you saying Hood is worth an unprotected 1st and a second?
    I'f they take on salary absolutely. Maybe a protected first but still. He could be our wing of destiny lol

This might be one of the funniest headlines I've read recently.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

This might be one of the funniest headlines I've read recently.
    LOL

"The ideal situation for me would be a team that thinks they need that one last piece to become a contender and a brand-new GM who’s been out of basketball for years without really keeping up,” said Anthony, explaining that he would love to find a team run by someone who is completely out of touch with advanced statistics and has spent at least half a decade or more focused on his family and personal life rather than evaluating NBA talent."

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Instead of Okafor I would of rathered we gave Greg Monroe a 1 year 2.2 million dollar deal like he just got with the Raptors. You would think he would of came here for same since it’s his hometown.
    He has turned us down twice. Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    LOL

"The ideal situation for me would be a team that thinks they need that one last piece to become a contender and a brand-new GM who’s been out of basketball for years without really keeping up,” said Anthony, explaining that he would love to find a team run by someone who is completely out of touch with advanced statistics and has spent at least half a decade or more focused on his family and personal life rather than evaluating NBA talent."
    The very next sentence is the one that holds all the punch to me.

''“I can definitely be a major contributor on a team where upper management is in transition and completely off their game. Some place with a GM who knows all my strengths from five years ago and a new or unpopular coach who can take all the blame for my play would be perfect.” Anthony added that his ideal teammates would be ones that didn’t need to touch the ball to have an impact.''

Monroe turned us down at a different time though. He thought he had a better chance at a ring and more playing time with the Celtics. I bet he wish he would of came here in the playoffs cause he would of likely got more PT. I think he would of come here this time cause we don’t have a true starting center really. It’s well known that AD would rather not play there. Plus he’s from here, so I would think he would want to play here as well, but he may think he has a better chance at a ring & PT with the Raptors. Dell knows it’s a business, so I doubt he would take it personally. I just don’t care for our backup center situation with Okafor & Ajinca. Hopefully Diallo will be the 4th big man off the bench anyway.

Just read that we are one of the teams interested in Mario Chalmers. What is it with us liking these smaller combo guards? How many do we need for crying out loud? I liked Chalmers earlier in his career, but not now. If we looking to bring anyone else in it should be another decent size wing or center IMO.

The Pelicans are reportedly in "discussions" with Jahlil Okafor regarding a training camp deal.
    This isn't the first time we've seen New Orleans linked to Okafor, and they could certainly use some help at the five-spot in wake of DeMarcus Cousins' departure. That said, Okafor could make significantly more money in China, and if the best he can get in the NBA is a camp invite, he might just go ahead and head overseas. Stay tuned.

Per Rotoworld.com and Scott Kushner’s Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...=roto:nba:gnav
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 08-07-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    https://twitter.com/ScottDKushner/st...62580546109440

Lmao alright Silverfoxx, I see you.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    I'f they take on salary absolutely. Maybe a protected first but still. He could be our wing of destiny lol
    I mean there's a huge difference between a completely unprotected 1st and one that has protections.

Sure if they take Hill + a top 20 protected 1st then you do the deal. But in no way is Hood worth even a protected 1st on his own.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I mean there's a huge difference between a completely unprotected 1st and one that has protections.

Sure if they take Hill + a top 20 protected 1st then you do the deal. But in no way is Hood worth even a protected 1st on his own.
    As much as I’d like Hood, I’m not giving up a first. I’m gonna hold that till the trade deadline and pray for a bigger fish even if it’s a rental. A bunch of good players could be available and we wouldn’t have next years first to sweeten the pot. Would you rather Hood or any one of butler, Kawhi, kemba, Kyrie or some other player unhappy in his position? I’d prefer to wait. Now I would be open to Hood for a second or maybe even a couple seconds is he is signed for multiple years.

I would prefer Hood over any of those guys for a half season rental. If it's long term, heck yeah, I'll take the others but nah. We've got a good core. Don't want to blow it on a rental.

So the Holy Trinity of Pelicans insiders here is MM, Kumar and silverfoxx? Oh and my friend pawel ofc

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    There's way too many holes in his game to give up those kind of assets, even with a Solo dump

Would need to be Porter or better to give up that much. Someone who can actually play defense as well as be an offensive threat

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    As much as I’d like Hood, I’m not giving up a first. I’m gonna hold that till the trade deadline and pray for a bigger fish even if it’s a rental. A bunch of good players could be available and we wouldn’t have next years first to sweeten the pot. Would you rather Hood or any one of butler, Kawhi, kemba, Kyrie or some other player unhappy in his position? I’d prefer to wait. Now I would be open to Hood for a second or maybe even a couple seconds is he is signed for multiple years.
    Agree with this. That 1st is our key asset. We need to maximise it, not blow it on the first dude that becomes available
    Last edited by AusPel; 08-08-2018 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    So the Holy Trinity of Pelicans insiders here is MM, Kumar and silverfoxx? Oh and my friend pawel ofc
    Pawel is not. His sources are from BSS

Per Woj Okafor is headed to the Pels.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    James Johnson would be good for this team. It's probably not gonna happen, but he's the kind of player that we need on the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    James Johnson would be good for this team. It's probably not gonna happen, but he's the kind of player that we need on the wing.
    Have you seen his contract?
    No thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    No thanks...
    Agree, I do not see the value.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    No thanks...
    WOOF. Actually didn’t see his contract. Never mind lol.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I guess this happened while I was asleep

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    I guess this happened while I was asleep

I like that trade for Houston. They get out of 2yrs/$41m for Anderson in exchange for 2yrs/$29m for Knight, as well as gaining a top ten pick who's still only 21 to replace him, and who's on a tiny 2yrs/$7m deal. They save $5m overall, and gain a young PF who's zero risk, all reward if he ends up being decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I like that trade for Houston. They get out of 2yrs/$41m for Anderson in exchange for 2yrs/$29m for Knight, as well as gaining a top ten pick who's still only 21 to replace him, and who's on a tiny 2yrs/$7m deal. They save $5m overall, and gain a young PF who's zero risk, all reward if he ends up being decent.
    And that's why the rich get richer.
    Stupid lotto teams always bailing out.
    There has to be future 1st round picks involved.
    Otherwise the Suns a ****** stupid.

I mean we couldn't even give up bloody Asik without sending out a 1st.

Thread Information