Pelicans Report

Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    If there's one thing we have a million of, it's smallish combo guards. what's one more to add to the collection
    Blueitt just posted a video of he and Yogi working out together... They went to the same high shcool. Maybe he wants to come play for a winning franchise. The pels are exciting. Let's face it.

Cool a 6’ shooting guard.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Some reports that Thunder are going to salary dump Kyle Singler. I liked him coming out of Duke as a big wing/floor spacer. It looks like his salary matches up with Ajinca. He's been buried on OKC's bench last two years after getting some run with the Pistons. Feasible reclamation project? Anyone have any intel on state of his game?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Cool a 6’ shooting guard.
    Or...a player that can handle, shoot and create his own shot. Skill sets, not positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Some reports that Thunder are going to salary dump Kyle Singler. I liked him coming out of Duke as a big wing/floor spacer. It looks like his salary matches up with Ajinca. He's been buried on OKC's bench last two years after getting some run with the Pistons. Feasible reclamation project? Anyone have any intel on state of his game?
    I don’t know about reclamation, my man is 30 yrs old. I do agree on the premise that Nee Orleans is most likely looking for a 4th big. If Hill sticks, he’ll probably get some mins as a small ball 4.

Yogi signed with the Kings

I really don’t know what we’re doing to make sure AD stays in Nola but if he does get tired of playing for a franchise that is trying to nickle and dime there way to a “ championship “ and leaves then New Orleans basketball is done . I hope this team has a plan but I’m just not seeing it right now but I’ll remain hopeful .

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    I really don’t know what we’re doing to make sure AD stays in Nola but if he does get tired of playing for a franchise that is trying to nickle and dime there way to a “ championship “ and leaves then New Orleans basketball is done . I hope this team has a plan but I’m just not seeing it right now but I’ll remain hopeful .

What's your plan?

Pretty sure Yogi’s agent used us and Cavs to up his price from the Kings. The last thing we need is a 6’ guard.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post

Let’s have a little patience. I really don’t think they make a major move till the trade deadline. If we finish the summer with Hood, Jahil Okafor, and blossomgame. I’d be a happy camper. It wouldn’t be great but we’d have filled positions of need and can keep the core mostly intact.

I have patience and I’ve had patience for years trust me I’m all in with this team and I’m hopeful but if it doesn’t scare you just a little that we may be starting Payton this season at PG then I don’t know what to say . I like Payton but I’m not ready to say that I’m jumping for joy that we’re putting all our chips on the table with him running the team . Im just a little concerned I love this team .

Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    Pretty sure Yogi’s agent used us and Cavs to up his price from the Kings. The last thing we need is a 6’ guard.
    Or, unbeknownst to us but knownst to Dell, the league is planning to install a second goal, five feet off the ground beneath the upper goal to make the game higher scoring faster paced and render big slow plodding men totally obsolete. Ushering in the new era of the short all combo guard lineups.

Just to clarify I’m not making my comments based on the Yogi deal . He’s not the answer I know that much I’m just basically talking about this entire off season . I really like the randle signing and I like the Payton signing . I think Randle will help us but jury is still out on Payton .

You still havent answered as to what your plan is..

We are limited to only being able to offer minimum contracts right now because we are above the cap and have used our exceptions...

The only way we are getting anyone else is via trade, or minimum contract..

They offered Boogie 40 million dollars WITH a torn Achilles before he even started rehab, they are not trying to nickle and dime anything

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    You still havent answered as to what your plan is..

We are limited to only being able to offer minimum contracts right now because we are above the cap and have used our exceptions...

The only way we are getting anyone else is via trade, or minimum contract..

They offered Boogie 40 million dollars WITH a torn Achilles before he even started rehab, they are not trying to nickle and dime anything
    Exactly my point. I don't understand how anyone can think we are trying to nickel and dime. This franchise seems game to make any move needed to win. The move still needs to present itself though. Right now there just aren't a lot of them out there. Patience is needed here. This is a very good team right now. It will at least be fun to watch until the rest of the chips fall.

We are pretty much set minus a trade until October. We may be busy at the deadline tho.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    We are pretty much set minus a trade until October. We may be busy at the deadline tho.
    I think so too. Is there anyone left we can afford that makes sense to spend the little money we have right now?

ps I miss Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    I think so too. Is there anyone left we can afford that makes sense to spend the little money we have right now?

ps I miss Buddy
    Is Hood still a possibility? I would think he would be the only thing still around other than minimum players, unless Dell has something else on the back burner...

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Is Hood still a possibility? I would think he would be the only thing still around other than minimum players, unless Dell has something else on the back burner...
    Only via sign and trade

Think about our recent big moves to get to the next level.....Boogie was mid-season after Kings started a mini-rebuild.....Niko was mid-season after Bulls started mini-rebuild........

I think it's possible we make a move before the season starts. I think it's least likely we keep this team as is. I think it's most likely we'll wait and pick a good piece off of a team packing it in mid-season. And I'm cool with that. This will be a fun team to watch and will be top half of the Western conference (people claiming bottom half must have been in a coma last half of last season). Then we get a great piece at bargain price at the deadline and boom. Bob's your uncle.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    My hope is we can pry someone away from a team that was hoping to get to the playoffs but either wasn't as well constructed as they hoped, or suffered some bad injury.

My prefered dream move, based on absolutely nothing, is getting Gordon Hayward away from the Celtics somehow.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar

NBA Free Agency

I could see us doing a creative Sign and Trade for Hood. 3 yr 25 million with some small guarantees on year two and no guarantees on year 3 to make it essentially a 1 year 9 million dollar contract. We give Cleveland an asset for their trouble and Rodney gets a crack at UFA in 2019. That deal will be there for Cleveland from us until we get serious about dumping Ajinca so there’s no reason for them to do it right now. Cleveland needs to “win” the trade and that’s not sexy enough right now. As the doldrums of summer move on, practicality should win the day. As others have said, patience is key.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    My hope is we can pry someone away from a team that was hoping to get to the playoffs but either wasn't as well constructed as they hoped, or suffered some bad injury.

My prefered dream move, based on absolutely nothing, is getting Gordon Hayward away from the Celtics somehow.
    That would be amazing. The opposite of the rebuild....they do so well with other guys that Hayward is expendable. Mmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

Mine too, even suggested such in a trade idea with the focus on Butler wanting to team up with Kyrie. Boston has both Tatum and Brown that have excelled and Gordom cost a bunch more then Butler does/will going forward.

So far we have added two top 10 picks from the 2014 draft. Randle went 7th and Payton went 10th. Hopefully we can add the 23rd pick in Rodney Hood. That was a great draft with Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Gordon, Smart, Saric, LaVine, Warren, Exum, Nurkic, Harris, Napier, Capela, Bogdanovic, Kyle Anderson, Jerami Grant, Robinson III, Jokic, Clarkson, and a few others. Funny that we now have two top 10 picks from that draft when we only came away with Russ Smith in the 2nd during that draft. I would love to bring in Hood to make it a 2014 draft free agency for us.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-21-2018 at 06:28 AM.

Thread Information