Pelicans Report

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48
Results 1,176 to 1,195 of 1195

Thread: NBA Free Agency

Basketball Guru
    After hearing butler teams,,i dont want him here because to me,it sound like he wants a major market and winning is secondary..the 3 teams on his list are major markets right?plus Miami wants in........

so now do we take the t-wolves out of the playoff race or do they get a trade and stay in the hunt?....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    After hearing butler teams,,i dont want him here because to me,it sound like he wants a major market and winning is secondary..the 3 teams on his list are major markets right?plus Miami wants in........

so now do we take the t-wolves out of the playoff race or do they get a trade and stay in the hunt?....
    I'm not entirely sure about that. Nets and Clippers are both big markets in terms of location, sure, but if all he cared about was market surely he'd say NYC, Lakers, Boston? So there's some element of something in there that isn't just market size
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm not entirely sure about that. Nets and Clippers are both big markets in terms of location, sure, but if all he cared about was market surely he'd say NYC, Lakers, Boston? So there's some element of something in there that isn't just market size
    yeah but i was also thinking the east is easy for him also lol.....i dont think he wants to be in lebron shadow by going to the lakers.....i think kyrie will be in NYC with him by trade or FA so i think that took boston out....so market and maybe him and kyrie have made a deal to form a strong team in the east....but you right it is something else going on....

Question is,,will the t-wolves get a good deal now that butler has made it public what teams he is willing to be traded to?..

yeah but i was also thinking the east is easy for him also lol.....i dont think he wants to be in lebron shadow by going to the lakers.....i think kyrie will be in NYC with him by trade or FA so i think that took boston out....so market and maybe him and kyrie have made a deal to form a strong team in the east....but you right it is something else going on....

Question is,,will the t-wolves get a good deal now that butler has made it public what teams he is willing to be traded to?..
    I'm not sure, but I think it's a good question. An even better question is, what are the odds that Butler gets traded to a different team and ends up staying, the Paul George way?

Why does Butler want to play with Kyrie?
    He plays no defence either.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Why does Butler want to play with Kyrie?
    He plays no defence either.
    I think they're legitimate friends off the court.

We just saw what happened with Paul George. Personally, I'd make the trade almost no matter the cost as long as AD and Jrue are off the table.

Probably two 1st (one for Butler one to get rid of Solo) plus Moore and whatever filler.

Or maybe one 1st, then like Diallo, Jackson, Ajinca, Moore... Actually it'd probably take Solo almost no matter what unless we were willing to give up Niko.

I know Boston is not on list and they have tax issues, so here is and idea that addresses all of those issues. We give our 2019 1st to Minn. and Boston gives one of their 4 firsts for next yr. Kyrie likely stays with them and Gordon can be replaced in house by Tatum and Brown.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	minbosno.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	6354
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 09-19-2018 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    I know Boston is not on list and they have tax issues, so here is and idea that addresses all of those issues. We give our 2019 1st to Minn. and Boston gives one of their 4 firsts for next yr. Kyrie likely stays with them and Gordon can be replaced in house by Tatum and Brown.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	minbosno.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	6354
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaj4w86s

Something like this?

Pretty interesting, and saves Boston and Minny money

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaj4w86s

Something like this?

Pretty interesting, and saves Boston and Minny money
    my option works better, gets bos. out of tax and expiring with AA

Why in the world would Minny and Boston need the Pelicans in these scenarios?

Are the Pels giving away 2 firsts?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Why in the world would Minny and Boston need the Pelicans in these scenarios?

Are the Pels giving away 2 firsts?
    Bos. is in the L TAX. This gets them out with my option. NO, JUST ONE 1st. Bos has to pay too. This makes it more likely they retain Kyrie. I'm sure other teams could work too. But I'm a Pels fan.
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 09-20-2018 at 09:28 AM.

Can't see Boston/Stevens trading Hayward under almost any circumstance, especially after that injury, especially before he even returns.

[QUOTE=ml wave;1467012]Can't see Boston/Stevens trading Hayward under almost any circumstance, especially after that injury, especially before he even returns.[/QUOTE ]

I wouldn't either, but remember, if Butler goes to one of the NY or BRK teams, Kyrie probably follows him at years end.

Quote Originally Posted by R Pelly View Post
    Sounds like “win now” is at the bottom of Jimmy’s priorities. Ha
    Him and Kyrie have been rumored to want to team up this offseason in a desirable market like New York or LA.

Sounds like Butler is getting the ball rolling early.

Lol. Jimmy is blowing those T-Wolves up. Will be interesting to see if this demoralizes or galvanizes them.

This makes me sad. We couldn’t afford to bring Crawford in?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...l-phoenix-suns
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    This makes me sad. We couldn’t afford to bring Crawford in?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...l-phoenix-suns
    Crawford has sucked for like three years now. Hard pass

I like offense, he provides offense.

I think you need to use past tense on that one...

Thread Information