Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Pg Payton/frank
    Sg Jrue/Clark
    SF Nico/Moore/Miller
    PF AD/hill/diallo
    C Julius/okafor

6th man is Moore

Better than last season in almost every way
    I disagree. Nico will never be a SF. We will get torched on defense if Niko played SF. Jackson has not proven he can run safely as part of a NBA team much less be counted on as the primary backup PG. Also, losing Rondo hurts this team, and we are not better at least on paper.

Here is the lineup I see them rolling with. I hope both Payton and Jackson can develop into solid contributors as SF and PG are clearly team weaknesses.

PG: Payton/Clark/Jackson
    SG: Holiday/Miller/Liggins
    SF: Moore/Hill
    PF: Randle/Mirotic/Diallo
    C: Davis/Okafor/Ajinca

6th man: Mirotic

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Because Mirotic said he wanted out due to the fight he had with his team mate. Hood had his contract picked up so unless a team offers more he will be in Cleveland.

The Pelicans can't make an offer higher and Hood isn't a big enough name in Cleveland to have an affect in the locker room.

Look I hope you are right, but I think Cleveland can get better offers than bloody Solomon Hill.

Oh yeah and Asik will be a trade asset come Feb as he has a large non guaranteed contract in 2019/20. Largely why Chicago made this move in the first place.

They could potentially get two first round picks for just renting Asik and letting a 27 year old Mirotic go who wasn't in their long term goals as they already have Portis.
    Basically everything you said is the exact case that can be made for Hill. He will give them the same expiring contract and be worth more then Asik cause he can actually play. Just like Mirotic had his problems with the Bulls Hood has is and exactly like you said he isn’t that big of a person on the team. Why wouldn’t they want a 1st round pick for someone that won’t be around longer then next year. What team in the NBA is going to send them a player clearly better then Hill and a 1st round pick? We can’t offer him much obviously which is why we would through a sign and trade. The Cavs are almost in a identical situation with Hill as the Bulls were with Mirotic. Every team in the NBA would take Hill and a 1st over Asik and a 1st. Mirotic also had a year in a half left on his deal while Hood is expiring making Mirotic more valuable. If you don’t like the trade or think it won’t happen that’s one thing but shooting it down like it’s dumb and not possible is a little ridiculous and I would just tell you to go look over all of the trades that have gone down the last 4 years and tell me why those did but this one won’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I disagree. Nico will never be a SF. We will get torched on defense if Niko played SF. Jackson has not proven he can run safely as part of a NBA team much less be counted on as the primary backup PG. Also, losing Rondo hurts this team, and we are not better at least on paper.

Here is the lineup I see them rolling with. I hope both Payton and Jackson can develop into solid contributors as SF and PG are clearly team weaknesses.

PG: Payton/Clark/Jackson
    SG: Holiday/Miller/Liggins
    SF: Moore/Hill
    PF: Randle/Mirotic/Diallo
    C: Davis/Okafor/Ajinca

6th man: Mirotic
    Yea hate to break it to people but Randle or Mirotic absolutely will not be playing SF. I could maybe see them do it for a little stretch but other then that it’s not going to be an significant minutes where it will even make a difference. Mirotic can guard SFs on switches but for an entire game would be a disaster against 90% of the starting SFs in the NBA. I’m sure Randle could probably guard SFs well but the last thing you want is your 245 lb big chasing a wing around all game taking away from what he does best. I don’t see the fascination with playing these guys somewhere they have never played and for a good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Basically everything you said is the exact case that can be made for Hill. He will give them the same expiring contract and be worth more then Asik cause he can actually play. Just like Mirotic had his problems with the Bulls Hood has is and exactly like you said he isn’t that big of a person on the team. Why wouldn’t they want a 1st round pick for someone that won’t be around longer then next year. What team in the NBA is going to send them a player clearly better then Hill and a 1st round pick? We can’t offer him much obviously which is why we would through a sign and trade. The Cavs are almost in a identical situation with Hill as the Bulls were with Mirotic. Every team in the NBA would take Hill and a 1st over Asik and a 1st. Mirotic also had a year in a half left on his deal while Hood is expiring making Mirotic more valuable. If you don’t like the trade or think it won’t happen that’s one thing but shooting it down like it’s dumb and not possible is a little ridiculous and I would just tell you to go look over all of the trades that have gone down the last 4 years and tell me why those did but this one won’t.
    Asik is guaranteed only 3M in 2019/20.
    Hill is guaranteed 12.7M in 2019/20.

How is that the same asset for the CAV's as Asik is for CHI?

The Pel's wont give up a 1st for Hood, as they could sign an expiring like Barnes using cap space next season who is much better than Hood.

I never said it was dumb. I simply think there is no interest there from the Pel's.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

In other news, Houston Rockets requesting the NBA to allow the use of 2 Basketballs at a time, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

In other news, Houston Rockets requesting the NBA to allow the use of 2 Basketballs at a timebut only when they are on offense, probably.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    FIFY
    lul

Really wish we could have kept this guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Really wish we could have kept this guy...

Hopefully some of that dedication to watching film rubbed off on some of our guys.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Frank Jackson has said Rondo taught him quite a bit about the game. I really hope this was one of those aspects.

Because Jackson has elite physical tools. If he becomes as obsessed a student of the game as Rondo or already was....then it's a considerable boon for us.

One of those players I am still not over Demps letting go.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    One of those players I am still not over Demps letting go.
    I'm with you. Letting Ennis walk and countering with massively overpaying for Hill made no sense. Ennis gives you more than Hill for more than half the cost. He really thrived for the short time he was here.

So slow here......guess I have no excuse and will have to get my paperwork done.

Isaiah Thomas has agreed to a one-year deal with the Denver Nuggets at the veteran minimum, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.com.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    David Nwaba's qualifying offer got rescinded. Anyone interested?

Do what?!?! Isaiah Thomas signed a 1 year deal with the Nuggets for the vet minimum!! Wish we would of signed him over Clark. Wonder if we even reached out to him? Damn shame if not

The Nets traded Jeremy Lin to the Hawks, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.com.

Denver has agreed to send Kenneth Faried, Darrell Arthur, a 2019 protected first-round pick and a future second round pick to Nets for Isaiah Whitehead, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.com.

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    The Nets traded Jeremy Lin to the Hawks, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.com.
    With Trae Young and Jeremy Lin now in house, one has to think Dennis Schroder is on the move somewhere soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    The Nwaba-Chicago dance intrigues me. Chicago just took a risk on a LaVine, so i don’t see them being in the market for another RFA. I see them as more willing to rent out space for assets to hedge against the reluctant deal they signed with LaVine. Dell should give his old friends GarPax a call to get in on that action.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Also, what the hell is Atlanta doing?

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Do what?!?! Isaiah Thomas signed a 1 year deal with the Nuggets for the vet minimum!! Wish we would of signed him over Clark. Wonder if we even reached out to him? Damn shame if not
    I hope Dell had the good sense to avoid reaching out to him. Dell's given himself a fair amount of credibility in my eyes over the last few seasons, I'd hate to find out that he spent Free Agency chasing after a broken down wreck of a 5'9 ball-hog.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Also, what the hell is Atlanta doing?

Having fun.

Thread Information