Pelicans Report

Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Probably listen to the NBA GMs who thought he was only worth a minimum.
    Yea cause a player signing a 1 year deal after returning from a concerning injury clearly means how good he is. With this logic I guess no GM believes Cousins was even in the top 50 of NBA players.. GMs are not making the mistake and handing out big deal to players immediately after an injury.. again I will take what just about every player says about the guy over a few keyboard GMs.. but what do they know they only have to play against he guy.. but try again..
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 07-17-2018 at 12:20 AM.

You keep using Cousins at $5 Mill like he didn't accept a pay cut to play for GSW and he wasn't offered more. You his PR guy? Lol

I kid.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Yea cause a player signing a 1 year deal after returning from a concerning injury clearly means how good he is. With this logic I guess no GM believes Cousins was even in the top 50 of NBA players.. GMs are not making the mistake and handing out big deal to players immediately after an injury.. again I will take what just about every player says about the guy over a few keyboard GMs.. but what do they know they only have to play against he guy.. but try again..
    Come on, you think just because a player likes another one, it means he is worth a big contract or worth signing? Plenty of players have friends in the league. It is not like all the players were begging for their teams to sign IT. He also is not potentially going to miss most of the season with his injury like Cousins. Many are concerned that he just is not the same player since the injury. The other players in the league do not study the players in depth and it is not their job to determine fit. I think we have to rely on the GMs over the players in this situation. Personally, I would not have minded IT as a spark plug off the bench, but he is no longer a starter unless the team is great elsewhere defensively to make up for his complete lack of defense.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Dude when you have a player you're in love with you go way too hard on defending him no matter what. My comment was halfway joking and you're reading way too much into it. If you want to die on the IT mound do whatever. He's irrelevant to what the Pels are doing so I don't care.

Adrian Wojnarowski: Sacramento is finalizing a trade to send forward Garrett Temple to Memphis for Ben McLemore, Deyonta Davis and cash, league sources tell ESPN.

Ben Mac headed back to Sacto huh.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    https://twitter.com/r0bato/status/1019003638964981760

OK I'll bite... What do we do to get him???

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

I don't even know if two way contracts can be traded.
    You cannot trade two-way players.
    Within the limit their salary wont count into salary cap.

You can waive a two-way player who can sign elswhere then

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    You cannot trade two-way players.
    Within the limit their salary wont count into salary cap.

You can waive a two-way player who can sign elswhere then
    This is what I thought. Thanks for confirming.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 07-17-2018 at 04:35 PM.

I imagine Ben Mac will get released. Worth a look?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Is he better than liggins?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Just gonna post this here so everyone else can see it.

http://www.wdsu.com/article/fletcher...ns-is/22185042

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    I know he and AD are close. I don't know if he fits what we need. But if they don't want Buddy Hield anymore, we can take him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I know he and AD are close. I don't know if he fits what we need. But if they don't want Buddy Hield anymore, we can take him back.
    No silly rabbit, this is the year Buddy breaks out and scores 25 a game on 50% from three...

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    No silly rabbit, this is the year Buddy breaks out and scores 25 a game on 50% from three...
    Heck. he has shot about 42% from 3 since joining the Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Heck. he has shot about 42% from 3 since joining the Kings.
    Is this a good time to mention Cousins is a dou*****?

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Just gonna post this here so everyone else can see it.

http://www.wdsu.com/article/fletcher...ns-is/22185042
    This is so right.

Also. AD seems close to most of the league. Not a dig at Eman....more of I think it's true and it's crazy how cool AD is.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    This is so right.

Also. AD seems close to most of the league. Not a dig at Eman....more of I think it's true and it's crazy how cool AD is.
    Everything you see of AD makes him seem like a super cool, chill, kinda goofy guy. It's great, I couldn't ask for a better attitude for a superstar to have, except maybe Tim Duncan's. And even that's close, because as much as Duncan was perfection on the court and a class act, he was a little boring sometimes.
    Basketball.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    @wojespn: ESPN reporting with @ChrisBHaynes: Toronto finalizing a deal to acquire San Antonio star Kawhi Leonard. https://t.co/bzkRsFXXYy

m.twitter.com/wojespn

Am I the only one who thinks this makes no sense from Toronto's standpoint? What are they trying to do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    @wojespn: ESPN reporting with @ChrisBHaynes: Toronto finalizing a deal to acquire San Antonio star Kawhi Leonard. https://t.co/bzkRsFXXYy

m.twitter.com/wojespn

Am I the only one who thinks this makes no sense from Toronto's standpoint? What are they trying to do here?
    I think it makes sense. Essentially the core of the deal is swapping Derozan for Kawhi. Doing that, they get younger, more efficient, better from the three, better defensively, and add a guy who could potentially carry them to the finals: Kawhi is automatically the best player in the Eastern conference. If he stays, they have the bird rights to give him a big contract and they can start their rebuild in Spursian fashion, developing their young guys but with Kawhi to bring them consistent success. If he skips town,, they ship Lowry for his final year off to another team for resources, having already got rid of Derozan, and start the rebuild with a ton of cap and assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post

m.twitter.com/wojespn

Toronto can't just run it back with the whole same team

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I get these points but I don't know how much better they are. I think adding Kawhi to those two guys would be an upgrade. But this seems more like a lateral move to me. Yes I know Leonard is a better overall player. But does anyone believe that they are better than Boston after this move? Still looks like a team that will exit in 2nd round.
    Last edited by Imnos 2; 07-18-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Man talk about no risk for Toronto depending on the package that gets sent. Derozan is a low effeciency volume scorer who disappears in the playoffs... IN THE EAST. Worst case Leonard walks next summer and they still are out from under Derozan's contract. They have one year of hype at least and with Leonard have a solid chance of maybe making the finals this year. Good for Toronto. The Spurs are just desperate to remain relevant.

Man talk about no risk for Toronto depending on the package that gets sent. Derozan is a low effeciency volume scorer who disappears in the playoffs... IN THE EAST. Worst case Leonard walks next summer and they still are out from under Derozan's contract. They have one year of hype at least and with Leonard have a solid chance of maybe making the finals this year. Good for Toronto. The Spurs are just desperate to remain relevant.
    Without Kawhi, their core is now: Demar Derozan, 33 year old Aldridge, Dejounte Murray, and Lonnie Walker.

They out of the playoffs next year? I think so.

Thread Information