Pelicans Report

Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    I could see us doing a creative Sign and Trade for Hood. 3 yr 25 million with some small guarantees on year two and no guarantees on year 3 to make it essentially a 1 year 9 million dollar contract. We give Cleveland an asset for their trouble and Rodney gets a crack at UFA in 2019. That deal will be there for Cleveland from us until we get serious about dumping Ajinca so there’s no reason for them to do it right now. Cleveland needs to “win” the trade and that’s not sexy enough right now. As the doldrums of summer move on, practicality should win the day. As others have said, patience is key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’d bet Hood gets a little more like 11-12 million but he’d fit the starting lineup if Elfrid starts too. It gives us a bunch of shooters surrounding Payton. I think that lineup will make some noise and at the trade deadline another finishing piece could be added. Kemba or Butler could be available if those teams fall apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    My hope is we can pry someone away from a team that was hoping to get to the playoffs but either wasn't as well constructed as they hoped, or suffered some bad injury.

My prefered dream move, based on absolutely nothing, is getting Gordon Hayward away from the Celtics somehow.
    Personally I think we could pry Kyrie away from them before Gordon, just due to the fact hes entering the last year of his contract + they have Smart and Rosier they are high on..

They could have a starting lineup of:
    Smart
    Brown
    Tatum
    Hayward
    Horford/Baynes

They would still be favorites in the east

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Personally I think we could pry Kyrie away from them before Gordon, just due to the fact hes entering the last year of his contract + they have Smart and Rosier they are high on..

Smart
    Brown
    Tatum
    Hayward
    Horford/Baynes

I doubt it
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Smart
    Brown
    Tatum
    Hayward
    Horford/Baynes

As was mentioned, Butler and Irving are on record of saying they want to play together next yr and beyond. So Butler to Celts is easy if no Gordon. Too much money for all three.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    As was mentioned, Butler and Irving are on record of saying they want to play together next yr and beyond. So Butler to Celts is easy if no Gordon. Too much money for all three.
    And PG wanted to play in L.A I mean how long has everyone been saying cp Melo and LeBron wanna play with each other? Things change.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

How about we bring Tyson back?

Pels: TJ Warren & Tyson Chandler

Suns: Nico Mirotic & Solomon Hill

I hate to lose Nico, but getting a starter on a decent contract till 2021 might just be better. I like that Warren can play some small ball 4, but wish he shot the 3 better. Can Diallo be the 4th big off the bench like he was in playoffs? They just added Trevor Ariza, so maybe they would be willing to trade Warren? And they have Josh Jackson who is really their small forward going forward. They also have rookie Mikal Bridges too. That team is full of small forwards lol. Plus Chriss & Bender haven’t been all that great at power forward, so Nico can likely start for them. They gonna need space to give Booker his contract too. That 13.6 mil expiring for Tyson, 5.3 mil for Ajinca, & our 1st rounder could potentially get us an even better point guard come the trade deadline. I’d throw in Moore if I can get Troy Daniels & Chriss or Bender lolol.

C: AD, Tyson
    PF: Randle, Diallo
    SF: Warren, Miller
    SG: Jrue, Moore
    PG: Payton, Clark
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-21-2018 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Celtics would also lose ALOT of talent.. Theres no way they would foot that LT bill will Kyrie,Butler,Brown,Tatum all on max deals.. They would have to shed Smart and Rosier, plus Baynes (who will also command a good contract)

It's too restrictive for them to add Butler and keep their homegrown talent

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    How about we bring Tyson back?

Pels: TJ Warren & Tyson Chandler

Suns: Nico Mirotic & Solomon Hill

I hate to lose Nico, but getting a starter on a decent contract till 2021 might just be better. I like that Warren can play some small ball 4, but wish he shot the 3 better. Can Diallo be the 4th big off the bench like he was in playoffs? They just added Trevor Ariza, so maybe they would be willing to trade Warren? And they have Josh Jackson who is really their small forward going forward. They also have rookie Mikal Bridges too. That team is full of small forwards lol. Plus Chriss & Bender haven’t been all that great at power forward, so Nico can likely start for them. They gonna need space to give Booker his contract too. That 13.6 mil expiring for Tyson, 5.3 mil for Ajinca, & our 1st rounder could potentially get us an even better point guard come the trade deadline. I’d throw in Moore if I can get Troy Daniels & Chriss or Bender lolol.

C: AD, Tyson
    PF: Randle, Diallo
    SF: Warren, Miller
    PG: Payton, Clark
    Replace Warren with Ariza and replace Niko with salary filler. Add a pick and Diallo. PHX signing Ariza was about giving Ariza an above market pay rate and PHX having an asset to leverage at the deadline to rent space for other goodies. Let’s oblige them.

Have we gotten to pipe dream season already? Whomever said it before was right, this roster is set for the beginning of the season barring a major trade no one expects.

Ajinca is trash as no one wants him or his contract, Solo is damaged goods, Frank Jackson is not a chip right now, Diallo is still raw, and we have little money to work with on sign and trades. Clark came back and we went 1 for 1 on the Guard and Center we lost, our roster is right where it was last year with 2 new names. Oh yeah and I guess we replaced grits with blueitt, blewit, whatever. This is a solid, healthy, young roster.

The Celtics aren't moving anyone until proven healthy, certainly not Gordon and we have nothing to offer really. Also, why the hell would we move Niko? Our best/ only sharp shooter? Yall cray.

Ariza can’t be traded till December 15th, so I guess you mean at the deadline. But I don’t want him at $15 mil anyway. We would have to trade Moore, Hill, Ajinca, and Diallo to get that number close to Ariza & Tyson’s combined 28.6. They not gonna give up all that salary for that crap and a pick. Niko and possibly Moore & Diallo are our only decent assets for trade. Josh Jackson is more than likely their future at the 3 and they have rookie Mikal Bridges as his backup. Then they have Ariza till December as well till hopefully Bridges is ready for them backup minutes. Unless they plan on playing Jackson out of position which would be dumb and may hurt his growth as a player. So they should try to move Warren while his stock is more than likely at an all time high. We could possibly move Niko for him straight up, but would rather try to get rid of Hill as well to get a big man to take Niko’s spot. Tyson isn’t ideal, but he can still give us the minutes we need at backup center while also giving us a nice 13.6 expiring for possibly another deal later on. I think it’s a no brainer for both teams unless they think Chriss or Bender will start to turn the corner. Unless they want a better player, but you not gonna find to many teams with good backup 4s to offer.

But they really need a point guard and just like with Kemba, we don’t have any to give up besides Jrue and that ain’t happening
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-22-2018 at 09:35 AM.

Dell really has set this team up nice to be in the top half of the conference now and best positioned to make a move that brings us up to contenders. We're one all-star or two good players away. The key is Diallo and Jackson and a longer shot Carr. We need one or both of those guys to either become the players we need or show enough spark that we could package package them with our 1st and a vet to land the dangling players at mid-season. How these young guys progress and showcasing them is our fate.

Dont expect too much from Carr.
    Look at him as typical 51st pick in the draft. Who was stashed.
    He may not even play in the NBA.
    Hopefully I will be wrong and Larry Brown will help him in Italy.

I would be cool with just signing Nick Young for the minimum or close to it to finish out the roster. He’s the best free agent that we can probably afford for our biggest position of need. Rodney Hood would be ideal, but we can’t afford him and don’t have much to offer Cleveland in a sign & trade.

C: AD, Okafor, Ajinca
    PF: Randle, Mirotic, Diallo
    SF: Young, Hill, Miller
    PG: Payton, Clark, Jackson

I wouldn’t mind trading out one Okafor for another. Crazy how Jahlil Okafor went from a top 3 pick to nobody wanting him in just 3 years. The kid had a damn good rookie year averaging 17.5 ppg and 7 rpg. We supposedly were interested in both these guys at one time last year. I don’t like Hill starting with those other 4 and rather a shooter(maybe that’s Moore but much rather him coming off the bench). Maybe Miller could be that guy, but think Young could be slightly better. We should just roll with those 14 guys. Then later towards the deadline try to trade some combination of Hill, Ajinca, and possibly Niko, Moore, Diallo, Young, and maybe our 1st rounder for a better 3 & decent backup big(if not a big than maybe we could talk Anthony Randolph into coming back for backup 4 minutes if he’s as good as reported). I’m not saying move all those guys, but hopefully Hill & Ajinca for sure with one to 3 of those other assets depending on the return.

GEAUX TIGER!! Woods that is by the way, but damn he just fell a few strokes. I want to see him and Speith tied for the lead with a hole left!!

I was hoping Dell was going to pull another rabbit out of the hat, but we are late in FA now and looking more and more like we are near where we are going to be until Feb. trade deadline. So since no rabbit, we should dump Liggins and pursue Babbitt. Luke shot over 40% from 3 last yr for both Atl. and Mia. He is not a long term fix, but usable and Moore can go back to SG.

Dell has 12 players plus 2 salary fillers in Liggins and Ajinca. Unless something happens he will add one FA. Two at best.
    But he will rather leave spot open (Liggins).

Now he is waiting for FA's to understand that their market is only for minimum.

I see a world where f.e. Clipps will be looking to cut guaranteed players (Johnson&Dekker for Ajinca or different hybrids of this deal. MM mentioned Shumpert and 2nd for Ajinca & Liggins).
    But main plan is to go with - expirings and arrange a big deal in Jan/Feb. Depends who will be available.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Dell has 12 players plus 2 salary fillers in Liggins and Ajinca. Unless something happens he will add one FA. Two at best.
    But he will rather leave spot open (Liggins).

Now he is waiting for FA's to understand that their market is only for minimum.

I see a world where f.e. Clipps will be looking to cut guaranteed players (Johnson&Dekker for Ajinca or different hybrids of this deal. MM mentioned Shumpert and 2nd for Ajinca & Liggins).
    But main plan is to go with - expirings and arrange a big deal in Jan/Feb. Depends who will be available.
    pawel you are like a mini MM

I read/talk to him some.

I thought that Pels will go little different.
    But all above makes a ton of sense

Tobias Hatris turned down an $80 million contract offer from the Clippers... Could be leveraging for more or wants out of there

Tobias Hatris turned down an $80 million contract offer from the Clippers... Could be leveraging for more or wants out of there
    He better be careful. Noel turned down $70 million and look what he had to settle for now.

Hill, Ajinca and a first for Harris

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

NBA Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    I read/talk to him some.

I thought that Pels will go little different.
    But all above makes a ton of sense
    No one knows what Demps is going to do. You can guess and be a good guesser. I guess... My impression of Demps is he wouldn’t tell anyone his plans. This is based on my personal opinion. I’m very happy about the new additions. I think we have a better chance at causing problems for GSW because Randle is a up and coming star player in this league. He looks so good on defense and while cousins has so many offensive skills and is dominant, he can’t defend almost every position like Randle can. Also, Cousins lacks that nonstop motor Randle has. He’s going to be Fire!!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    When are these players gonna learn that greed is the worst thing you can have? Harris is a good player but $80 MILLION FOR HIM?!?! If I'm Harris, I jump on that and don't look back.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    When are these players gonna learn that greed is the worst thing you can have? Harris is a good player but $80 MILLION FOR HIM?!?! If I'm Harris, I jump on that and don't look back.
    He's thinking the cap jumps a lot next off season so a lot more teams will have money to offer him. Plus he plays SF which is the thinnest position in the NBA. Probably has a good chance of getting that or more

Or he has no interest in staying with the Clippers... If he turns it down and says he wont re-sign with them, they are forced to let him play out his deal and leave for nothing, or trade him for something while they can...

Personally I would throw them Hill and Moore with 2 2nds for Harris.. Try him for a year, if it works out re-sign him, if not you shed plenty of salary to sign a max player in FA

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    It's a business bruh. Support the player. They make this work. Taking paycuts is how this super team bs got started.

Thread Information