Pelicans Report

Thread: I feel like Jackson is going to ball out this season and we use him to trade

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar

I feel like Jackson is going to ball out this season and we use him to trade

To a team in tax hell like Washington, to get Porter which turns us into instant contenders

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    To a team in tax hell like Washington, to get Porter which turns us into instant contenders
    r
    I, likewise, think Frank is going to be a positive surprise. But no way do we use him as trade bait. Unless for someone like Kwahi or Gordon HAYWARD
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 09-16-2018 at 10:47 AM.

If Jackson plays to his potential, he is our future at PG, he compliments this team perfectly

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    If Jackson plays to his potential, he is our future at PG, he compliments this team perfectly
    He would be, but if you can land that elite SF with him, you have to do it

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    He would be, but if you can land that elite SF with him, you have to do it
    Is Porter that elite SF though? More role player than elite, plus contract and injury concerns. Plus would make it hard to keep Randle unless he opts in. To match salary it would have to be two of Hill, Moore, Niko, and Randle, plus Frank.

Can we keep our prospects for once? Lol. I actually love Frank, man. I want him to be a contributor for us down the road.

Getting Porter, who is a starting caliber SF and a top half of the league player at that position for Jackson is not at all realistic. One guy is an NBA starter and one guy is a second rounder who won't even play a single meaningful minute for at least 2-3 years. Try again.

There is a reason they brought in Elfrid Payton. Who is a borderline starter at best and is a guy most teams look at as a second unit player. And that's who is going to be the starter at point this season. So that should tell you everything you need to know about what the front office and coaching staff thinks about Jackson and his place in this team and in the league overall.

Frank is going to have some growing pains, but his preparation, time on bench learning last season with Rondo, and finally being healthy, will begin to show by Dec. I honestly believe his name will be thrown out for ROY consideration.

I just hope the dude can stay healthy. I have no doubt in his skills but that foot can be a chronic thing.

Agree with Droop

Thread Information