Pelicans Report

Thread: Pelicans interested in Bazemore?

Rumor Pelicans interested in Bazemore?

Hate to post this given the source (Simmons):

No way in hell I would want to take on Bazemore and his contract unless we get a 1st rounder as well. Even then, I may not do it.

Basketball Guru
    If this is true,,we are panicking....I rather keep hill over bazemore..

You know, for some reason that I cannot pin down, my brain thought this was a good thing at first.

Then I checked Bazemore's basketball reference page, seeing the bad reactions, and remembered exactly why Bazemore is so horrible.

This was only his second time in 6 years shooting above 52% TS (league average). This was the first time in his career his ORTG has been over 100, and his net RTG has never been positive. He shot 39.7% from 3 this year, but that is his career high by far, with only one other year reaching 36%. For 4 of his 6 years, his BPM has been negative.

It's a no from me.

Edit: Just to compare with Solo, because Bazemore might suck but it's still theoretically possible for him to suck less than Hill, so it would be an improvement in that sense. So, is he an improvement in that sense? Does he suck less than Hill?

Excluding this year, for the obvious reason of him only playing 12 games total, he's had 3 years with a 100+ ORTG, one year with a plus RTG, three years with a negative BPM, has also shot above league average TS% twice. So they're similar levels of suck, but Hill is actually better offensively despite being a worse 3 point shooter, and we all know he's a better defender when healthy.

Solo > Bazemore, tbh.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 06-29-2018 at 04:59 PM.
    Basketball.

I haven’t watched many Hawks games this past season. Is Bazemore that terrible? In this scenario we’re swapping out two bad contracts for one. I thought Bazemore was known to be a good wing defender?

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    I haven’t watched many Hawks games this past season. Is Bazemore that terrible? In this scenario we’re swapping out two bad contracts for one. I thought Bazemore was known to be a good wing defender?
    His defensive rating is consistently worse than Hill's, as is his offensive rating. This year opponents shot 3% better than their averages against Bazemore, including 5.9% better from 3. He is not really a good defender.

Stop reading at "Bill Simmons".

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Stop reading at "Bill Simmons".
    Yeah, that's why I was reluctant to post, but it is that time of the year.

I guess I'm the minority but I would make that trade if true. Hill and AA without getting rid of our draft pick. Bazemore is athletic steadily improving and could possibly thrive in our system surrounded by the talent we have. Sure he is only 6'5" but he is long 7' wingspan and a good finisher around the rim. I'm done watching Moore blow countless shots around the rim. Put Bazemore in Moore's spot and let Moore come off the bench and we improve. Or we could still possibly move Moore for another Wing with length. Just typing about Bazemore is giving me flashbacks to one of our worst games of the past season. AD scored 8 points in 38 min. Bazemore hit a few clutch shots and layups including thte game winning shot over AD. Left I think about 2 seconds on the clock if I recall correctly we called a play out of a timeout and Boogie bricked a three pointer. Baze hit a clutch shot over AD while I also remember Moore bricked a few wide open shots that would have won a game.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Yeah, that's why I was reluctant to post, but it is that time of the year.
    Tis the most, wonderful time of the year.

suggests? non story. Simmons isnt really a reporter

Bazemore is good offensively in a microwave kind of way but hes worse than Moore, he doesnt fix this team's problem of defending wings.

Even with no pick you are adding about 7 mil on next years payroll.

Thread Information