Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: (David Griffin) Lakers will get Demarcus Cousins plus one of either Bron, PG or Kawhi

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    So we're back to we don't need him again? Lol ******** wow tho bored is so bipolar

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    It's not bipolar, it's a way for people to not be as let down if he walks. Kind of setting themselves up to not be too hurt, if you will.

Just for the record I think it would be a huge mistake to let him leave, the man is a beast and will likely still be one after he fully recovers.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    It's not bipolar, it's a way for people to not be as let down if he walks. Kind of setting themselves up to not be too hurt, if you will.

Just for the record I think it would be a huge mistake to let him leave, the man is a beast and will likely still be one after he fully recovers.
    Ehh it's still bipolar

The bored are so bipolar.
    FIFY. Not because I'm bugged out about spelling or grammar but because I believe you expressed a fundamental truth that must be emphasized.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    We need Boogie. I'm telling you it's in our best interest basketball-wise to have him. His shooting, rebounding, ball handling are much needed. I would rather make him adapt to fast pace style of play, with the flexibility to play at a slower pace if needed. In the NBA its all about matchups. Teams can't matchup to us with them big boys up front
    This right here...

People.fail to remember we were the only team to beat Houston in the regular season with Harden, Paul, and Capela all on the floor.. Not even the Warriors were able to do it, and we rode Boogies shoulders to that victory.

This team is miles better with him, and it would be devastating to this team if he does walk

Quote Originally Posted by boardtown View Post
    FIFY. Not because I'm bugged out about spelling or grammar but because I believe you expressed a fundamental truth that must be emphasized.
    I think you fixed the wrong word. "Is" was fine. "Bored" should have been spelled "board".

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    This right here...

People.fail to remember we were the only team to beat Houston in the regular season with Harden, Paul, and Capela all on the floor.. Not even the Warriors were able to do it, and we rode Boogies shoulders to that victory.

This team is miles better with him, and it would be devastating to this team if he does walk
    Exactly. That's why we are getting reports out of the Warriors camp that they are gauging Deandre Jordan's interest in going them on the vet minimum. You think they would do this because of Houston's vaunted front court? They know we are going to be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    I think you fixed the wrong word. "Is" was fine. "Bored" should have been spelled "board".
    It had to be a joke. Had to be. I mean he has the correct spelling in his username.

At least let's hope.

Ehh it's still bipolar

No, it's not bipolar at all.

I changed my mind, Boogie sucks and will never play again. Dell should pack his bags for him right now.

https://twitter.com/FearTheBrown/sta...633330177?s=19

Woj with the Cousins update. Thanks to Kumar for making it a clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    https://twitter.com/FearTheBrown/sta...633330177?s=19

Woj with the Cousins update. Thanks to Kumar for making it a clip.
    He says 2 years, itll probably end up 3 (2+1) for around 90 million..

Gentry, Dell, and most importantly AD has all said they want Cousins back, if he goes somewhere else it's not because hes not wanted here

Gentry, Dell, and most importantly AD has all said they want Cousins back, if he goes somewhere else it's not because hes not wanted here
    Don't think it's 3 yr. He is eligible for 10 yr bigger deal in 2. 35 mil instead of 30, higher raises.
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 06-30-2018 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Don't think it's 3 yr. He is eligible for 10 yr bigger deal in 2. 35 mil instead of 30, higher raises.
    You're probably right, he'll take he two years on max money to emphasise profit, but the lure of the potential 10 year max will hold him back from the immediate rewards of signing long term now.
    Basketball.

He said 2 years because it will probably be a 2+1 that Cousins opts out of last year.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 06-30-2018 at 12:12 PM.

2 for 50 seems fair for all parties. It gives Boogie another chance for a full max deal in his prime if he comes back healthy. And it gives the Pels the ability to protect themselves if he doesn’t come back at full strength. I feel bad for him but it’s a business and I’m sure he will get his money.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    "Cousins will very likely return to Pelicans, maybe on 2 year deal. CP3 is a given to return to Rockets as well on long term deal."

SKIP TO 6:45!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It had to be a joke. Had to be. I mean he has the correct spelling in his username.

At least let's hope.
    I'm pretty sure what he was trying to say was that the bored [people] are bipolar.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Can we stop saying this? There's absolutely no reason to think Boogie is going to miss big chunks of next year, regardless of where he ends up.
    Unless Boogie is an alien he's not gonna play until Christmas at the earliest. Let me re-phrase that... he won't be 100% until Xmas. He may try to come back early but that's dangerous... nd you'll see that he'll favor the injury. t'll be obvious.

If he's back any time before that he'll risk re-rupture. I tore my left Achilles playing ball, and while I didn't have the world class rehab that boogie has... the injury sucks just the same. I know a guy that re-ruptured his achilles. Wasn't fun for him. Deangelo Hall re-ruptured his as well. There's a serious concern with that injury, and anyone that doubts the seriousness obviously never has ruptured theirs.
    Last edited by DroopyDawg; 06-30-2018 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Unless Boogie is an alien he's not gonna play until Christmas at the earliest. If he's back any time before that he'll risk re-rupture. I tore my left Achilles playing ball, and while I didn't have the world class rehab that boogie has... the injury sucks just the same. I know a guy that re-ruptured his achilles. Wasn't fun for him. Deangelo Hall re-ruptured his as well. There's a serious concern with that injury, and anyone that doubts the seriousness obviously never has ruptured theirs.
    Boogie isn't an alien, but he is an NBA player.

The most recent full rupture of an Achilles before Boogie was Rudy Gay. He ruptured his achilles on the 18th of January, 2017. He was back for October 18th, the next season, and he was 4 years older than Boogie at that point (31, whereas Boogie is still only 27). Yes, he only played 56 games due to being rested and not playing every game for safety's sake, but the idea that Boogie, who's injury occurred not even two calendar weeks after Gay's, would probably be back before Christmas at least in some capacity, even with limited minutes and the inability to play back-to-backs, is not in any way an alien prospect.

Looking at Boogie’s rehab videos, he seems to be slimming down. I’m sure having less weight on that newly healed achilles should help at least some, right? I think/hope he’ll be back before the end of the calendar year.
    RIP FlyGirl

The silly stupidity is par for the course. Even Zach Lowe lumped the Pelicans in with teams they shouldn't be.

A sad number of blah over-the-cap teams -- Wizards, Pistons, Bucks, Wolves, Heat, Pelicans, Nuggets, Trail Blazers and perhaps even the Hornets -- are so close to the tax that they can't or shouldn't use the full midlevel and will realistically have access to only the baby one for tax teams (worth about $5.5 million). Thanks, summer of 2016 cap spike!
    One of those teams of that group went to the 2nd round of the western conference playoffs while missing one of their best players. But, they are just another "blah over-the-cap" team tho.

Unless Boogie is an alien he's not gonna play until Christmas at the earliest. Let me re-phrase that... he won't be 100% until Xmas. He may try to come back early but that's dangerous... nd you'll see that he'll favor the injury. t'll be obvious.

If he's back any time before that he'll risk re-rupture. I tore my left Achilles playing ball, and while I didn't have the world class rehab that boogie has... the injury sucks just the same. I know a guy that re-ruptured his achilles. Wasn't fun for him. Deangelo Hall re-ruptured his as well. There's a serious concern with that injury, and anyone that doubts the seriousness obviously never has ruptured theirs.
    Re-rupture? From all I've read, tearing your achilles is like breaking a bone. The odds of re-rupture are almost 0. It's other parts of his body used to over compensate (just like bone breaks) are what to watch.

Hall never re-ruptured his

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/deange...layer-injuries

Edit: Correction, he re-ruptured it, 5 weeks after the initial injury..

Boogie is way ahead of that
    Last edited by soggymoss; 06-30-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Re-rupture? From all I've read, tearing your achilles is like breaking a bone. The odds of re-rupture are almost 0. It's other parts of his body used to over compensate (just like bone breaks) are what to watch.
    I'm not saying that a re-rupture is imminent but I know of a couple cases where guys did so. So while he chances are not high... its more than 0%.

Hall never re-ruptured his

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/deange...layer-injuries

Edit: Correction, he re-ruptured it, 5 weeks after the initial injury..

Boogie is way ahead of that
    Junior Galette did as well (re-rupture). let's just hope Boogie is full-go when he does get back out there. Whether for the pels or whoever.

I'm not saying that a re-rupture is imminent but I know of a couple cases where guys did so. So while he chances are not high... its more than 0%.
    I mean, I can agree with that much. It's definitely not 0%. But it's so low that it wouldn't come into my calculations, especially if he passes a full 8 month recovery period and feels confident to play again.

Thread Information