Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: (David Griffin) Lakers will get Demarcus Cousins plus one of either Bron, PG or Kawhi

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Junior Galette did as well (re-rupture). let's just hope Boogie is full-go when he does get back out there. Whether for the pels or whoever.
    Nope, he tore his right one one year, then his left the next, never re-ruptured

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Nope, he tore his right one one year, then his left the next, never re-ruptured
    Same with Terrel Suggs.

All of that is to say Cousins is coming back to New Orleans and he'll most likely play a healthy amount of games. Including being back for training camp in October.

The Franchise
    I hope they start with like 15-20 minutes a game and no back to backs. Take it really slow.

Bryan Kalbrosky: There is a false quote circulating from a David Griffin (@dg_riff) interview on @SiriusXMNBA. It says he thinks Lakers will get DeMarcus Cousins and one of LeBron, Kawhi or PG. But Griffin said he had no info and the context was “gun to the head, where would they go?”

19 hours ago – via Twitter BryanKalbrosky

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/...52024966701056

Well that's stupid. Should be able to post twitter url and have it show up like it does everywhere else in 2018.

Kevin O'Connor

Verified account

@KevinOConnorNBA
    Follow Follow @KevinOConnorNBA
    More
    DeMarcus Cousins sounds like an increasingly likely target for the Lakers on a short-term max contract now that it appears Los Angeles will lose out on Paul George, per league sources. In January 2017, LeBron James called Cousins "the best big man in our game."

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post

Well that's stupid. Should be able to post twitter url and have it show up like it does everywhere else in 2018.

Kevin O'Connor

Verified account

@KevinOConnorNBA
    Follow Follow @KevinOConnorNBA
    More
    DeMarcus Cousins sounds like an increasingly likely target for the Lakers on a short-term max contract now that it appears Los Angeles will lose out on Paul George, per league sources. In January 2017, LeBron James called Cousins "the best big man in our game."
    The NBA media do such a horrible job at trying to hide their erections about super teams and/or LeBron. If this is the case, then give Boogie an extra year. I wanna stick it to those Los Angeles scumbags and their national media cronies.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    The NBA media do such a horrible job at trying to hide their erections about super teams and/or LeBron. If this is the case, then give Boogie an extra year. I wanna stick it to those Los Angeles scumbags and their national media cronies.
    You're on LI? I'm moving to LI soon. What part do you reside?

This x1000! It’s almost as bad as their hard on with the knicks too!

You copy the embed link and it will work.

You're on LI? I'm moving to LI soon. What part do you reside?
    Ayyy! I got another Pelican fan coming here!

I live in Garden City. What part are you moving to?

Ayyy! I got another Pelican fan coming here!

I live in Garden City. What part are you moving to?
    No #. I lived in Garden City until about 10 when I moved to the left coast. Probably moving to either Huntington or Oyster Bay.

My preschool was the Cathedral in Garden City.

I feel like Cousins and Lebron would mix like oil and water. What makes AD and Jrue such good running mates with Cousins is they are both cool headed individuals that don't get worked up easily and don't need to be the center of attention. Lebron and Cousins would constantly be fighting over who's team it is. Probably similar to how Kyrie couldn't deal with it and wanted out. Except Cousins would end up airing it more publicly Cuz he's Cousins.

Anyway, I say all that to say, I think if the news of PG going back to OKC is true then I think Lebron goes back to Cleveland because he's not going to the Lakers alone. This Cousins news seems to be coming out of Cousins camp because they have lost a ton of leverage now that DeAndre and Dallas seem to be paired up. The only teams that have cap space and aren't trying to actively tank are the Lakers, Dallas, and 76ers. 76ers have Embiid, Dallas and DeAndre seem like a pair, and so that only leaves the Lakers trying to attract LBJ.

One side note : I know Dallas and DeAndre seem like a done deal but I'm not entirely sure that this isn't revenge on Cubans part. Court DeAndre a good bit, make him leave his guaranteed money, then pull the rug on him at the last moment. Of course, this is also a free agent willing to sign with Dallas so they should probably not mess it up.

No #. I lived in Garden City until about 10 when I moved to the left coast. Probably moving to either Huntington or Oyster Bay.

My preschool was the Cathedral in Garden City.
    That's wild dude. They completely renovated the Cathedral too. Huntington is one of my favorite places.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I feel like Cousins and Lebron would mix like oil and water. What makes AD and Jrue such good running mates with Cousins is they are both cool headed individuals that don't get worked up easily and don't need to be the center of attention. Lebron and Cousins would constantly be fighting over who's team it is. Probably similar to how Kyrie couldn't deal with it and wanted out. Except Cousins would end up airing it more publicly Cuz he's Cousins.

Anyway, I say all that to say, I think if the news of PG going back to OKC is true then I think Lebron goes back to Cleveland because he's not going to the Lakers alone. This Cousins news seems to be coming out of Cousins camp because they have lost a ton of leverage now that DeAndre and Dallas seem to be paired up. The only teams that have cap space and aren't trying to actively tank are the Lakers, Dallas, and 76ers. 76ers have Embiid, Dallas and DeAndre seem like a pair, and so that only leaves the Lakers trying to attract LBJ.

One side note : I know Dallas and DeAndre seem like a done deal but I'm not entirely sure that this isn't revenge on Cubans part. Court DeAndre a good bit, make him leave his guaranteed money, then pull the rug on him at the last moment. Of course, this is also a free agent willing to sign with Dallas so they should probably not mess it up.
    I'm kind of thinking that 2 years max for Boogie isn't a great move. If he is going to miss most of the season and come back like Solo did then forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I'm kind of thinking that 2 years max for Boogie isn't a great move. If he is going to miss most of the season and come back like Solo did then forget it.
    2+1 But the idea isn't about just this year and next. You're paying this money so you have his rights so once he's healthy and AD is making darn near $50m/yr you can still resign him.

Rudy gay back to SA. 1 yr 10M

If Cousins joins Lebronzo. Do we make a sneak move for DeAndre?

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    Based on all the cap experts, they(the Lakers) would basically have to get him through sign and trade.

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    He's already agreed with Dallas.

Thread Information