Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rajon Rondo wants what?

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    You know what considering what they've paid some of our infamous underachievers like our good friend Mr. Omer Asik I think what
    he's asking is a bargain in NBA dollars. Have any of you seen the salaries these days? Look what Ryan Anderson is stealing from the
    Rockets per season.
    A lot of mistakes were made when the cap significantly increased (see Solomon Hill). Things are much different now. There is not enough cap room to go around for these bad contracts.

Then just go over the cap and pay the penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    A lot of mistakes were made when the cap significantly increased (see Solomon Hill). Things are much different now. There is not enough cap room to go around for these bad contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    Then just go over the cap and pay the penalty.
    I've said repeatedly we are a tax team going forward, add anything we can, AD gets 46 mil per next summer

We were living for today not thinking about tomorrow.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    I've said repeatedly we are a tax team going forward, add anything we can, AD gets 46 mil per next summer
    Which is why they probably do not want to go into the tax this year. They would like to avoid the repeater tax as long as possible.

Which is why they probably do not want to go into the tax this year. They would like to avoid the repeater tax as long as possible
    Boogie could get near 35mil, don't see anyway we avoid this year.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    What about this as a 3 team (probably impossible, but the numbers work for everyone)

Pels recieve:
    Bradley Beal
    Tobias Harris
    DeAndre Jordan

Washington recieves:
    Cousins
    Moore

Clips recieve:
    Otto Porter
    Soloman Hill
    Ajinca
    2019 1st from Pels

I wouldnt guess it being too far out the realm of possibility seeing as how LA wants to buyout DJ (saves them money), and they are looking to trade Harris

We would still have the MLE to use on Rondo or Elfrid Payton and we could have a lineup of

Jrue/Rondo/Jackson
    Beal/Clark/Liggins
    Harris/Miller
    AD/Niko
    DJ/Diallo/Okafor
    Lol, we wind up with the 3 best players in the deal (arguably, factoring in Boogie's injury) and I don't see any reason why Washington would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Lol, we wind up with the 3 best players in the deal (arguably, factoring in Boogie's injury) and I don't see any reason why Washington would do that.
    There have been rumblings of the Wizards wanting to move on from both Beal and Porter (feelings they overpaid Porter)

LAC wants to move on from DJ, they are actually negotiating a buyout, and they also want to trade Harris (no plans to re-sign him), so we may be getting the best return, but it's all players their respective teams no longer want

Edit: I deleted the post because I realized I put it in the wrong thread
    Last edited by soggymoss; 06-28-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Boogie could get near 35mil, don't see anyway we avoid this year.
    I don't think he can get $35 million. I think it is closer to $30 million and there is no guarantee he will get that.

]
    I don't think he can get $35 million. I think it is closer to $30 million and there is no guarantee he will get that.
    I read somewhere {don't remember where} IF PG13 takes a 2 yr deal to get to 10yrs, he can then make a deal similar to a supermax. Cuz came in at the same time and would likewise be eligible. The shorter 2 yr deal was suggested to be first yr 35mil

]

I read somewhere {don't remember where} IF PG13 takes a 2 yr deal to get to 10yrs, he can then make a deal similar to a supermax. Cuz came in at the same time and would likewise be eligible. The shorter 2 yr deal was suggested to be first yr 35mil
    I think at the end of the 2 years, he may be eligible. He is not eligible for that contract currently.

If I'm not mistaken Cousins 1st year of his max would hit somewhere around 30-32m. I can't remember the exact number off the top of my head. Then factor in 8% raises each year for the length of the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If I'm not mistaken Cousins 1st year of his max would hit somewhere around 30-32m. I can't remember the exact number off the top of my head. Then factor in 8% raises each year for the length of the contract.
    If I remember correctly, the first year of a max for Cousins would be something like $30.3m. Assuming 5 years, with 8% increases per year

Year One: $30.3m
    Year Two: $32.54m
    Year Three: $35.14m
    Year Four: $37.95m
    Year Five: $40.98m
    Total Contract Value: $176.91m

That's assuming the 8% increase is cumulative and based on the previous year, which I think is how they calculate the increase.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If I remember correctly, the first year of a max for Cousins would be something like $30.3m. Assuming 5 years, with 8% increases per year

That's assuming the 8% increase is cumulative and based on the previous year, which I think is how they calculate the increase.
    Sounds close. And yes the 8% raises are cumulative.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

That looks right. He will not get that though given the injury.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    There have been rumblings of the Wizards wanting to move on from both Beal and Porter (feelings they overpaid Porter)

LAC wants to move on from DJ, they are actually negotiating a buyout, and they also want to trade Harris (no plans to re-sign him), so we may be getting the best return, but it's all players their respective teams no longer want

Edit: I deleted the post because I realized I put it in the wrong thread
    Just because they may want to move on from Beal and/or Porter doesn't mean that they'd accept Cousins and Moore as their return.

Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    I think he's negotiating. Of course he's not gonna come out and say he wants $3.92 million(Non-bird) or $5.2 million (Taxpayer MLE). He's going to the highest possible benchmark which would be the full MLE, about $8.4 million. I can't imagine he ends up getting that. I think the most we end up paying him is the taxpayer MLE but most likely he gets the $3.92 million
    Getting Rondo to take the nonbird money would be huge so we can use the tax payer MLE on a wing player.

My history with this team says they give him the tax MLE though.

I could see a nonBird for 4 years though. That way he still gets his 16 million as he's unlikely to be worth the roster spot the final year or two of that deal, but Rondo doesnt know that.
    Last edited by Pelifan; 06-30-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Per MM they have a 20% raise on his previous 3.9mil contract on the table. If you think about it why go higher. No playoff contender can give him much more or needs a PG. He could likely get more from a non contender but then he would be miserable on a losing team. Just can't see the pelicans giving the tax MLE for him at this point. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by shanesy View Post
    Per MM they have a 20% raise on his previous 3.9mil contract on the table. If you think about it why go higher. No playoff contender can give him much more or needs a PG. He could likely get more from a non contender but then he would be miserable on a losing team. Just can't see the pelicans giving the tax MLE for him at this point. Time will tell.
    Completely agree. What ever happened to MM? He wasn’t the easiest guy to get along with but at least he was entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Completely agree. What ever happened to MM? He wasn’t the easiest guy to get along with but at least he was entertaining.
    His Twitter has been down for awhile now I check on it every now and then but nothing

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

...we get to go McDonalds
    MM has been posting on the tigerdroppings pelicans board. I think what he's saying right now is the pels want to bring back tyreke and have an offer out to cousins that is incentive-laden and a team option in year 2. Cousins wants a player option.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    MM has been posting on the tigerdroppings pelicans board. I think what he's saying right now is the pels want to bring back tyreke and have an offer out to cousins that is incentive-laden and a team option in year 2. Cousins wants a player option.
    tigerdroppings.com lmfao

this is a laughing at situation, not a laughing with

Well... he got what he wanted (if what he wanted was more than $8MM a season.

damn

I believe he wanted a 2 year $16 million deal ($8 mil. per season). I thought he was worth every penny of that and it believe was reasonable.
    Think about it, someone was stupid enough to pay Trevor Ariza almost that much for 1 season!!!

Thread Information