Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans interested in Hood?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Hood can still ball man. He's a Mississippi boy too so he'll embrace being home.

Problem is with Hood is the Cavs relied on him too much, plus the camera was ALWAYS on the team. I don't think that's Hood's scene. The Pelicans can offer him being a starter, not be a primary option, and still be effective like he was in Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    We need a like button or an agree/disagree selection. I completely agree with this statement. Get Hood and start him for now and at the trade deadline go get Butler.

Hood has size, athleticism, and shooting all needs at the sf position.
    Yeah that’s good and all but do you think he is going to be the signing to keep us in the mix with the Warriors, Rockets, and Lakers( after they go hard in FA next year)? Most likely not. So think ahead and do what you reasonably can to get him as our bench leader. If we pay him big dollars, we can pretty much take ourselves out of the pool of teams waiting to pounce on the solid upcoming FA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I mean, if we're doing it, we have to have some means of making this work. And I hope there's a way it's doable and still keeping us flexible in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Yeah that’s good and all but do you think he is going to be the signing to keep us in the mix with the Warriors, Rockets, and Lakers( after they go hard in FA next year)? Most likely not. So think ahead and do what you reasonably can to get him as our bench leader. If we pay him big dollars, we can pretty much take ourselves out of the pool of teams waiting to pounce on the solid upcoming FA.

I actually do.

We played with the Warriors. Blew them out a game. They blew us out a game. Refs made some games muddy. They were clearly the better team but we still hung around. Subtract Rondo and add EP and JR to that mix and it's way closer. JR helping us on the boards would have been huge. Go even further and add a competent starting SF to that and yes, I think we match up well to them.

Anyone who says otherwise is ignoring how well we did last postseason.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post

I think Hood puts us in the top 6 barring injuries. He’s our best option at SF unless another move is made (Butler at the deadline please). If you somehow get butler then of course hood move to superb backup.

If you could grab Butler, FA’s is still available. Mirotic, Randle, and Moore come off the books so you could spend about 22 million. Not a max but definitely a good player and still have Butlers bird rights.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar

Pelicans interested in Hood?

Two things are absolutely true:

The Pels want to get better THIS year.

The Pels want to be a serious part of 2019 NBA Free Agency.

Chasing Hood, if done right, could line up with both of those priorities. Don’t assume, if this rumor is true, that the Pels are punting on being players next summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was hoping we’d make a run at hood . I don’t put any stock into what he did in Cleveland because I may be in the minority but I do not and will never believe Lebron makes everybody around him better. Can’t get better if you’re watching LBJ dribble the clock out then play iso bully ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnrk...&feature=share

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    Funny to see Hood and Boogie in the past posts here...

But ya isnt he a SG? Would we put Jrue on most SF's on defense? How would he fit?
    He’s listed as a SG but he’s 6’8. Much taller than our current 6’4 SF but weird thing is Moore might be the better defender.

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../hoodro01.html

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I was hoping we’d make a run at hood . I don’t put any stock into what he did in Cleveland because I may be in the minority but I do not and will never believe Lebron makes everybody around him better. Can’t get better if you’re watching LBJ dribble the clock out then play iso bully ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnrk...&feature=share
    I don't put any stock in his run in CLE either, and I do believe Lebron has a tendency (although not a guarantee) to make people around him better. The problem for Hood was that he was coming from Utah: that was a pass heavy motion offense run by a disciplined and intelligent coach. He goes to CLE, where it's ball handler distributing to spot up shooters, and the coach can't spell his own name.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't put any stock in his run in CLE either, and I do believe Lebron has a tendency (although not a guarantee) to make people around him better. The problem for Hood was that he was coming from Utah: that was a pass heavy motion offense run by a disciplined and intelligent coach. He goes to CLE, where it's ball handler distributing to spot up shooters, and the coach can't spell his own name.
    Tyrone Lou

Tryon Lew

Trione Liue

Tron Ewe

??????

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Tyrone Lou

Tryon Lew

Trione Liue

Tron Ewe

??????
    I find that Try-and-Lose almost works, and seems pretty accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I find that Try-and-Lose almost works, and seems pretty accurate.
    Tyrian Lanistew

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Sign Hood and let him shoot the damn ball.

Pelicans interested in Hood?

I think Hood puts us in the top 6 barring injuries. He’s our best option at SF unless another move is made (Butler at the deadline please). If you somehow get butler then of course hood move to superb backup.

If you could grab Butler, FA’s is still available. Mirotic, Randle, and Moore come off the books so you could spend about 22 million. Not a max but definitely a good player and still have Butlers bird rights.
    I agree with you on all fronts brother. I just remember similar threads about Solomon Hill. We can’t just sign Hood and call it a day. He is a big piece but not the piece. We don’t want to be in the top six though, we want top two.

Last edited by Sleeper; 07-11-2018 at 12:27 AM.

We need some 3pts shooters around here, so Dell please sign Mr Red Hot Rodney Hood!

Rodney Hood is a SF who can play SG if needed. If we were to acquire him I don’t think he would be on the bench either. Hood is a starting SF and that’s the role he is going to want if signing with a team. He is a legit 20 ppg talent in the wing with solid defense. That ability instantly changes this team making us much more dangerous offensively. I think we are a great fit here with the players along with a system that compliments his game perfectly. Hood is entering the prime of his career and has his best basketball ahead of him. You add Randle and Hood to our starting lineup on our playoff roster and this team is as dangerous as it gets to the Warriors. Don’t forget AD is only getting better each year with room to grow offensively.

Next season is going to be a lot of fun. The NBA imo has the most talent I have seen since watching. Every team seems to have a nice core with stars or a solid young core that is fun to watch grow. We will have to bring it every night especially in the West. There are 10 legit teams with 8 of them fighting for seeds 3-8 with how tight the competition is. Even a sleeper team like the Mavs or Suns could provide a little competition as well.

I will vote GA the most optimistic poster here....and I'm joining him on this one. Sign Hood and stay healthy and we are contenders. Not favorites. But contenders.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    DITTO!! Having said that, think he is usable, but not for more then 5 mil per
    5 mil per, seriously?

The Franchise
    Looks like Cavs, Bulls, and kings are going after Hood. Just wonderful, the only teams with money. It’s definitely not gonna be 5 million, more like 55 million. Lol

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...dney-hood-more

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We’re the best of those teams by far. And Hood would have to agree to sign. He’s already liking posts about him coming here on Instagram. Just about getting the Cabs to not match or working out am amicable sign and trade.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Looks like Cavs, Bulls, and kings are going after Hood. Just wonderful, the only teams with money. It’s definitely not gonna be 5 million, more like 55 million. Lol

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...dney-hood-more
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    We’re the best of those teams by far. And Hood would have to agree to sign. He’s already liking posts about him coming here on Instagram. Just about getting the Cabs to not match or working out am amicable sign and trade.
    Right. I'm sure he has been in discussions with teams, just maybe nothing has been signed yet. I feel it would have to be a sign and trade but more than likely the yearly cycle of sending out our 1st round pick will continue lol

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Right. I'm sure he has been in discussions with teams, just maybe nothing has been signed yet. I feel it would have to be a sign and trade but more than likely the yearly cycle of sending out our 1st round pick will continue lol
    I hope not, we’ll need that first for a bigger fish and/or maybe move Hill. I’d be ok with a second, hopefully the cavs would be ok with that since they could lose him for nothing to the kings or bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    No way would I send a 1st for Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Rodney Hood is a SF who can play SG if needed. If we were to acquire him I don’t think he would be on the bench either. Hood is a starting SF and that’s the role he is going to want if signing with a team. He is a legit 20 ppg talent in the wing with solid defense. That ability instantly changes this team making us much more dangerous offensively. I think we are a great fit here with the players along with a system that compliments his game perfectly. Hood is entering the prime of his career and has his best basketball ahead of him. You add Randle and Hood to our starting lineup on our playoff roster and this team is as dangerous as it gets to the Warriors. Don’t forget AD is only getting better each year with room to grow offensively.

Next season is going to be a lot of fun. The NBA imo has the most talent I have seen since watching. Every team seems to have a nice core with stars or a solid young core that is fun to watch grow. We will have to bring it every night especially in the West. There are 10 legit teams with 8 of them fighting for seeds 3-8 with how tight the competition is. Even a sleeper team like the Mavs or Suns could provide a little competition as well.
    Hood has a lot of offensive talent. However, he is far from solid on defense. He may have potential to be a solid defender, but he has not shown it. He tends to be lazy on defense. One of my concerns with investing too much in him is that at nearly 26 years old, he still shows a lot of immaturity.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    We can't offer him anything over a minimum to sign outright. The only realistic way to get him is in a sign and trade.

Thread Information