.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 101

Thread: Pelicans interested in Hood?

  1. #76
    Can't we try to buy out Ajinca and flex hill? I remember there was talk earlier of the Lakers flexing deng. Don't know how it works beyond splitting the salary over three seasons

  2. #77
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,755
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I hope not, weíll need that first for a bigger fish and/or maybe move Hill. Iíd be ok with a second, hopefully the cavs would be ok with that since they could lose him for nothing to the kings or bulls.
    I'm hoping that we have something worked out for Hill but we very well could be stuck with him. The deal for Schroeder and Hill/Ajinca made sense for Hawks because Ajinca is expiring this year and Hill is expiring next year. Schroder is under contract for 3 more seasons, so it would help them get contracts off the books a little quicker.

  3. #78
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,755
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    No way would I send a 1st for Hood.
    Hopefully we don't. But essentially would you be OK with a player of Hood's talent level and skill-set if he was a draft pick in the 20s?

  4. #79
    Charter Member Contributor PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    19,877
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Hopefully we don't. But essentially would you be OK with a player of Hood's talent level and skill-set if he was a draft pick in the 20s?
    No guarantee of pick being in 20s. If so, we would not be paying a player in the 20s the contract we would be paying Hood and that player would not be 26 years old yet. Giving up a #1 for him and taking on his contract essentially takes us out of improving our team at trade deadline when better players likely to be available and also significantly reduces our chances of a big move next offseason.

  5. #80
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,755
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    No guarantee of pick being in 20s. If so, we would not be paying a player in the 20s the contract we would be paying Hood and that player would not be 26 years old yet. Giving up a #1 for him and taking on his contract essentially takes us out of improving our team at trade deadline when better players likely to be available and also significantly reduces our chances of a big move next offseason.
    Depending on the size of the contract I believe we can still have a good bit of flexibility next year.

  6. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Can't we try to buy out Ajinca and flex hill? I remember there was talk earlier of the Lakers flexing deng. Don't know how it works beyond splitting the salary over three seasons
    It's not always three season. It's double the years remaining on your current deal plus 1 season. So, if we were to stretch Hill, we would be split the remainder of his contract over five seasons.

  7. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Can't we try to buy out Ajinca and flex hill? I remember there was talk earlier of the Lakers flexing deng. Don't know how it works beyond splitting the salary over three seasons
    Buying out Ajinca still leaves whatever agreed upon amount on our books and he has not much incentive to give up much money to come off the books because he's probably done. If we stretched Hill would reduce his hit to 5.2m but over 5 years.

    We currently are sitting at 113m with the salary cap at 101m. So let's say Ajinca agrees to give up 2m and we stretch Hill. That reduces their cap hit from 17m down to 8m ish. So we are still sitting at 102m on the books. Then we cut all non guaranteed contracts (Liggins, Okafor, and Miller) and that clears maybe another 5.5m off our books so now we are sitting at 96.5m so we could offer Hood maybe 4.5m a year. That's barely higher than his qualifying offer and we've locked ourselves into 5.2m a year for 5 years of dead money due to Hill.

    Then even after offering that contract we have to HOPE Cleveland doesn't match it. Which for that little amount they'd have no reason not to match it. So we could effectively do all that and still not get him.

    That's why I said the only realistic option for getting him is to work out a sign and trade.

  8. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    5 mil per, seriously?
    see post 82 this thread. people seem to forget all we have is s&t. hood can have solo's money if cavs take solo. not gonna happen.
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 07-11-2018 at 12:47 PM.

  9. #84
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    see post 82 this thread. people seem to forget all we have is s&t. hood can have solo's money if cavs take solo. not gonna happen.
    Didn't you say he's not worth more than 5 mil per?

  10. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Didn't you say he's not worth more than 5 mil per?
    I said he was usable but not for more than 5 mil per. Not that he wasn't WORTH that. We can pay him max if it's S & T, so that's not gonna happen. But just to clarify "worth" in my opinion 3 yr deal for 25 mil seems about right

  11. #86
    Hollygrove 4 Life DroopyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Too far from Home
    Posts
    5,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    I said he was usable but not for more than 5 mil per. Not that he wasn't WORTH that.
    LOL Maybe I'm tripipn but I don't see the difference.

  12. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    LOL Maybe I'm tripipn but I don't see the difference.
    The difference is we can't offer more then 5 mil Because S & T is the only means to do so. So for the third time that isn't going to happen, the cavs would keep otherwise if he would take 5 mil. I told you to read post 82 which explained in detail why/why not. If you still can't comprehend,THEN I'll just change my answer to NO he isn't worth it. Happy NOW???

  13. #88
    Hollygrove 4 Life DroopyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Too far from Home
    Posts
    5,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    The difference is we can't offer more then 5 mil Because S & T is the only means to do so. So for the third time that isn't going to happen, the cavs would keep otherwise if he would take 5 mil. I told you to read post 82 which explained in detail why/why not. If you still can't comprehend,THEN I'll just change my answer to NO he isn't worth it. Happy NOW???
    That has NOTHING to do with what you said homie. But yeah I'm always happy.

  14. #89
    The Franchise bustahyndes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Boogie Wonderland
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Weíre the best of those teams by far. And Hood would have to agree to sign. Heís already liking posts about him coming here on Instagram. Just about getting the Cabs to not match or working out am amicable sign and trade.
    Has he liked other teams mentioned? Could be a test

  15. #90
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    5,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    The difference is we can't offer more then 5 mil Because S & T is the only means to do so. So for the third time that isn't going to happen, the cavs would keep otherwise if he would take 5 mil. I told you to read post 82 which explained in detail why/why not. If you still can't comprehend,THEN I'll just change my answer to NO he isn't worth it. Happy NOW???
    If the Pels and Cleveland agree to a sign and trade then it will happen.

    Cleveland does it because they will likely get a 2nd rounder and a player like Miller or Crawford/Liggins and most importantly TPE.

    It's that or lose him for nothing.

  16. #91
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    5,924
    Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    Has he liked other teams mentioned? Could be a test
    I think he is using the Pels as leverage and has a better offer from another team money wise, but in a less than ideal playing system where he can't show off his skills for his next contract.

  17. #92
    I think he ends up in Chicago. Just a hunch. I’m already mentally preparing myself for another year of Solomon Hill. I just hope we can at least get the 2017 Hill and not the 2018 one.

  18. #93
    Unfortunately I think he’s gonna be overpaid by the Kings cause they have too much money to spend and he’s a decent talent. I hated the Hill signing when we made it, cause he’s not worth a 3rd of that contract. But oh well we are likely stuck with a Hill & Miller combo with Moore playing small ball 3 again. It worked last year, but not against the teams with great 3s. Luckily there isn’t a ton of those teams out there.

    I hope Dell can work some magic to get rid of Hill & possibly Ajinca to sign him. If not I’ll take an Ennis hopefully lol

  19. #94
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,755
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Unfortunately I think he’s gonna be overpaid by the Kings cause they have too much money to spend and he’s a decent talent. I hated the Hill signing when we made it, cause he’s not worth a 3rd of that contract. But oh well we are likely stuck with a Hill & Miller combo with Moore playing small ball 3 again. It worked last year, but not against the teams with great 3s. Luckily there isn’t a ton of those teams out there.

    I hope Dell can work some magic to get rid of Hill & possibly Ajinca to sign him. If not I’ll take an Ennis hopefully lol
    The question is even though Kings have money to spend, does Hood want to play there?

  20. #95
    Charter Member Contributor PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    19,877
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    The question is even though Kings have money to spend, does Hood want to play there?
    Money talks. Many of these guys chase the money.

  21. #96
    I will be disappointed if the pels do a sign and trade if they lose Niko or Moore. Hill was injured last year. We donít need more than 6-8 ppg from him. We need him for defense. I donít think the pelicans will get Hood but if he wants to win and thinks we can get to conference finals with him and our new players added to the team I think weíll have a chance in gettin him. Heís probably going to get paid very well by another team. More like 15-16 mil a year.

    Our team is way better this year imo. People will sleep on us. If Payton and Randle are well coached we will be very good. We didnít have cousins when we were on FIRE at the end of season and in playoffs. We lost only one guy and thatís Rondo. Elfrid is going to be awesome for the PELS. Heís younger, faster, and heís one of the best passers in the nba. He rebounds very well too. Heís better than rondo at scoring. Watch, we will be really excited seeing this kid run his favorite teamís offense. Itís a dream to play for your hometown team. This is a great story thatís about to happen. Demps get an A plus for this offseason so far. If we manage to get Hood I think we will definitely be way better than last year but we are already better. Elfrid AND Randle have All Star potential.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #97
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,755
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    I will be disappointed if the pels do a sign and trade if they lose Niko or Moore. Hill was injured last year. We don’t need more than 6-8 ppg from him. We need him for defense. I don’t think the pelicans will get Hood but if he wants to win and thinks we can get to conference finals with him and our new players added to the team I think we’ll have a chance in gettin him. He’s probably going to get paid very well by another team. More like 15-16 mil a year.

    Our team is way better this year imo. People will sleep on us. If Payton and Randle are well coached we will be very good. We didn’t have cousins when we were on FIRE at the end of season and in playoffs. We lost only one guy and that’s Rondo. Elfrid is going to be awesome for the PELS. He’s younger, faster, and he’s one of the best passers in the nba. He rebounds very well too. He’s better than rondo at scoring. Watch, we will be really excited seeing this kid run his favorite team’s offense. It’s a dream to play for your hometown team. This is a great story that’s about to happen. Demps get an A plus for this offseason so far. If we manage to get Hood I think we will definitely be way better than last year but we are already better. Elfrid AND Randle have All Star potential.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah no way we can give up one of those 2 in the Hood deal, not opposed to moving them but not in what is essentially a RFA signing. The only reason it would be a trade is to make it "legal".

  23. #98
    I mean eventually Moore is a player we should move on from. Ideally you swap him for someone that can play the three full time or if Payton doesnít work out, a full time point guard.

    He made sense in a world where Jrue is your lead guard, but now that Jrue has made it clear he is better as a two, Moore really doesnít have a long-term fit if you are building toward a championship. Heís sort of like Ryno was before his decline and before ADís maturity, great player in a vacuum on a good contract, really should be moved before his contract is up to bring in someone with a better long term fit, ideally on a more cost controlled contract. Or at least draft assets and a lateral player that ultimately relieves cap space.

    He is going to likely be too expensive as a 6th or 7th man, especially if you prefer keeping Niko and Randle, and he isnít a lead ball handler so you need someone that is at most times using him and he really shouldnít be playing the three much, if ever.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 07-12-2018 at 03:03 PM.

  24. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    I will be disappointed if the pels do a sign and trade if they lose Niko or Moore. Hill was injured last year. We don’t need more than 6-8 ppg from him. We need him for defense. I don’t think the pelicans will get Hood but if he wants to win and thinks we can get to conference finals with him and our new players added to the team I think we’ll have a chance in gettin him. He’s probably going to get paid very well by another team. More like 15-16 mil a year.

    Our team is way better this year imo. People will sleep on us. If Payton and Randle are well coached we will be very good. We didn’t have cousins when we were on FIRE at the end of season and in playoffs. We lost only one guy and that’s Rondo. Elfrid is going to be awesome for the PELS. He’s younger, faster, and he’s one of the best passers in the nba. He rebounds very well too. He’s better than rondo at scoring. Watch, we will be really excited seeing this kid run his favorite team’s offense. It’s a dream to play for your hometown team. This is a great story that’s about to happen. Demps get an A plus for this offseason so far. If we manage to get Hood I think we will definitely be way better than last year but we are already better. Elfrid AND Randle have All Star potential.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't forget he cut his hair! Hard for me to believe it did not effect his shooting.

  25. #100
    I dig Moore's game; but we are in dire need of some length on the peremeter / while not sacrificing shooting ability

    he's shot 37% from the arc as a pro and 82% from the FT line

    at duke he was 42% from the arc and 80% FT

    he's 25

    while not an above average athlete nor very lengthy he IS a 25 year old 6'8" wing who is undoubtedly an above average shooter and proven NBA contributor worthy of consideration as a starter


    whoever we get in the 20's of the draft will most probably not be all that in time to contribute to our success before AD makes his decision. their rookie season wouldn't be until after next year lol.

    gotta go with hood if you could. he would get the best looks of his career with us

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •