Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Elfrid Payton?

Question Elfrid Payton?

So I just saw that Phoenix is renouncing rights to Elfrid Payton's contract. It's a long shot, but would you guys be interested in him if the opportunity presented itself?

The Franchise
    I’d love to have him. Pass first point guard who hopefully can play better def now that his hair isn’t in his face. There are 4 players I’d like and hopefully get them cheap. Payton is one for hopefully around 3.5 million ( a little less than rondo) to bring a hometown kid back. Hood and Henzonja for about 4 million each and Jahil Okafor for 2.5 or so. I think if we can get the 8 million MLE and split it amongst 2 of the 3 ( Payton, hoo, and Henzonja) then use BAE on Okafor. The last player we’d have to get creative but i think could be a well rounded team.

Henzonja and Hood are shooters that can surround Davis and Cousins plus they have some size and cutting ability.

Payton gives us a lesser but younger rondo on the court and his shooting isn’t totally horrible.

Okafor is just a big that has some offensive game somewhat similar to cousins minus the 3 pt shot. Maybe he could fill our 4th big and maybe learn to bang and rebound a bit better.

Rondo, Payton, Jackson
    Jrue, Moore, Miller
    Hood, Henzonja, Hill
    Davis, Mirotic
    Cousins, Okafor

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I’d love to have him. Pass first point guard who hopefully can play better def now that his hair isn’t in his face. There are 4 players I’d like and hopefully get them cheap. Payton is one for hopefully around 3.5 million ( a little less than rondo) to bring a hometown kid back. Hood and Henzonja for about 4 million each and Jahil Okafor for 2.5 or so. I think if we can get the 8 million MLE and split it amongst 2 of the 3 ( Payton, hoo, and Henzonja) then use BAE on Okafor. The last player we’d have to get creative but i think could be a well rounded team.

Henzonja and Hood are shooters that can surround Davis and Cousins plus they have some size and cutting ability.

Payton gives us a lesser but younger rondo on the court and his shooting isn’t totally horrible.

Okafor is just a big that has some offensive game somewhat similar to cousins minus the 3 pt shot. Maybe he could fill our 4th big and maybe learn to bang and rebound a bit better.

Rondo, Payton, Jackson
    Jrue, Moore, Miller
    Hood, Henzonja, Hill
    Davis, Mirotic
    Cousins, Okafor
    One problem with your scenario.. MLE wont be 8 million, it will be closer to 5.5 million that we can only use on 1 player because we will be a taxpaying team (non-taxpayer MLE hard caps us, and we probably wouldnt be able to keep Boogie)

To answer the OP's question, I would love to use the MLE to bring EP in, IF Rondo would be willing to re-sign for a min contract (highly doubt)

I'll pass on Jahlil. He's a decent offensive player, but he's lackadaisical on defense and I just get the vibe that he wouldn't want to be a fourth big. I'll keep Emeka if I can lol

Unfortunately I don't see Rondo taking a minimum deal either. It would be awesome to have Payton and Rondo, but like I said in the original post, it's a long shot in my eyes.

Dont like having both Rondo and Payton. Rondo already has trouble fitting in sometimes when AD/Boogie/Jrue are all on the floor together because of his jumpshot, see the same issue with Payton.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Hasn't had a chance to play without that horrible mess of a hairstyle on his head. A pity the Suns didn't wanna give him a shot. Maybe his jumper would be something decent.

There isn't a quasi-realistic PG I would want more

True Point
    One of the faster players in the league w and w/o ball
    Good Age
    Jump Shot isn't good, but it's why he's available = but it's going to be nice within 2 yrs

Would much prefer him over Rondo going forward

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    There isn't a quasi-realistic PG I would want more

True Point
    One of the faster players in the league w and w/o ball
    Good Age
    Jump Shot isn't good, but it's why he's available = but it's going to be nice within 2 yrs

Would much prefer him over Rondo going forward
    Love to have him and Rondo. Give him a year or two to learn from rondo.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Love to have him and Rondo. Give him a year or two to learn from rondo.
    That's my ideal hope too. As pivotal as rondo was this year I just don't see him as THE starting PG for the entire season snd playoffs on our run of consecutive titles

Pass... his choice of hairstyles these last couple of seasons makes me question his intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy View Post
    Pass... his choice of hairstyles these last couple of seasons makes me question his intelligence.
    He cut it off. So, is he intelligent now?

Quote Originally Posted by R Pelly View Post
    He cut it off. So, is he intelligent now?
    Lmao I went to college with him, dude is very intelligent.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Welp. Guess I was half right lmao

Kudos. To lead the 2nd unit and rehab his value I think it's a good fit. We were thin on signed guards.

I wonder what this means for Ian Clark, Carr, and rumors of Tyreke? I'd assume Reke isn't an option now. Clark and Carr are probably on the fence.

I assume Carr goes to the G-League?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy View Post
    If this wasn't an asinine statememt
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Kudos. To lead the 2nd unit and rehab his value I think it's a good fit. We were thin on signed guards.

I wonder what this means for Ian Clark, Carr, and rumors of Tyreke? I'd assume Reke isn't an option now. Clark and Carr are probably on the fence.
    I would say the door on Tyreke is shut. Carr, maybe G-League? And Clark......maybe he can come back.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Wanted him at the deadline. Very pleased.

The Franchise
    I love this move. Now resign Cousins on a 1+1 for 22/25 mil with incentives, resign Rondo for 3.9 mil, go get Hood (MLE) and one of Monroe, Jahil Okafor, or Noel (to play while Cousins rehabs hopefully for min).

We practically running it back and can still make moves at the deadline to move Hill or whomever.

Rondo, Elfrid, Jackson
    Jrue, Moore
    Hood, Hill, Miller
    Davis, Mirotic
    Cousins, Monroe

I like this team a lot and if Clark comes back its even better.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

This is exactly what I'd think too.

Thread Information