Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans draft Penn State PG Tony Carr

Draft Pelicans draft Penn State PG Tony Carr

Championship to follow.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I love it when we don't take small forwards ever

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Can’t complain about not being able to develop small forwards if we never draft them.

I love it when we don’t pick in the first round. Don’t get me wrong because we do pretty well with second rounders but imagine if we had a first and second round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I love it when we don’t pick in the first round. Don’t get me wrong because we do pretty well with second rounders but imagine if we had a first and second round pick.
    (Thinks back to 2nd round picks who did well for us)

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

Marcus Thornton?

Marcus Thornton?
    Adam Haluska...GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

I mean Diallo is on the precipice of it, but I agree with your sentiment. Not expecting much out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I mean Diallo is on the precipice of it, but I agree with your sentiment. Not expecting much out of him.
    Jackson could still be anything

So one of him or Frankie J will get 5-10mins a game and fight each other in training every day for those minutes. I like it.

My favourite thing is having a roster with 6 point guards on it, 5 bigs, and debatably a SF. Maybe.
    Basketball.

The odds of getting a contributor in the 2nd round seem to drop dramatically after the 40th pick, was super unlikely we'd get anyone good here anyways.

I thought we should take Billy Preston with that pick. Tony Carr looks decent, doesnt seem like a NBA player

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I hope he turns out to be a great pick for the Pelicans. But I also hope this is the last time they don't not have a 1st round pick.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Frank Jackson is going to be really good. If he comes back healthy I expect him to be a steal.
    I like this guy too. He’s got size and very good in iso. He has a very good 3 point shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by smcgull View Post
    I hope he turns out to be a great pick for the Pelicans. But I also hope this is the last time they don't not have a 1st round pick.

I put the chances of that first rounder still being in the Pelicans possession by the trade deadline somewhere between 1% and 0%.....And I only acknowledge that 1% because you can't completely rule out the possibility that Dell Demps has a mid life crisis and decides to put it all behind him to pursue a career as a Romanian shoe cobbler.

and to think I clicked on this thread to learn a little something about Tony Carr the player the Pels actually picked. Not one word, what was I thinking?
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    and to think I clicked on this thread to learn a little something about Tony Carr the player the Pels actually picked. Not one word, what was I thinking?
    Posted in the draft thread that I enjoyed his highlights package

Amazing handles, post game from yesteryear and splashes a beautiful jumper. I don't know why people are saying scrub

Thanks AusPel !

here is a little if anyone wants to know..

NBA Comparison: Sam Cassell
    Strengths: In his sophomore season, Tony Carr blossomed into a First-Team All-Big Ten point guard following an up and down freshman season ... A big reason for that was his much-improved jump shot, particularly from beyond the arc . Last season Carr shot just 32 percent from downtown on three attempts per game ... This year, however, he has ascended his three-point percentage all the way to 46 percent and has done so on just under six attempts per game . Carr’s improved three-point shot has opened up the rest of his offensive arsenal, which allowed prompted him average a Big Ten best 19.9 points per game this season ... Carr has very good size and length for a lead guard at 6-5 and can get shots off over smaller defenders ... He is an excellent shot creator off the dribble and has become a serious threat to score in the mid-range area via pull-ups, step backs, spin dribbles, etc ... When he gets inside the arc he does a great job of using his size and length to shoot over the top of smaller defenders ... Carr also can take other guards down in the post, where he is comfortable operating as a scorer or playmaker ... He has proficient scoring instincts and understands how to get to spots where he is most effective in different situations ... Carr has also improved as a pick-and-roll ball handler and plays with nice patience in the half-court. Rarely does he get too sped up or out of control when coming off of ball screens ... Carr is a capable playmaker as well and has improved his assist to turnover ratio in his sophomore season ... When he keeps his eyes up and does not try to force the issue, he has shown flashes of solid vision ... Carr is a good free-throw shooter as well, at nearly 80 percent for the second season in a row ... He his size and length, he has some defensive upside as well, despite not being the most explosive vertical athlete ... If he can learn to become more active with his hands on the ball, he could be a guy that records a lot of steals and blocks ... Carr is also a good rebounder for a lead guard, averaging nearly five boards per game in each of his first two seasons ... He is also clearly not afraid of the big moment, as he made some big time shots late in games this season, most notably to beat Ohio State on the road and one to tie it regulation against Minnesota with time winding down ... nbadraft.net

If he can kill it in summer league he may make the team. I am not sure if he will.

I want he and frank da tank to kill it tho

You always go BPA and Dell said this was who was at the top of their board when it was time to pick.

Thank God! I was wondering when this team would finally pick up a 6’ 4” combo guard...

Come on guys, do y’all really expect them to draft for fit at pick #51? Honestly, Carr will most likely not be a contributor for this team and may never step foot on the court in a Pels uniform. He has scoring potential and might be able to do something but do not complain we didn’t draft a small forward at pick #51 to develop. These guys hardly ever work out so you have to pick the best player on the board and Dell did that.
    Welcome to be here

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    You always go BPA and Dell said this was who was at the top of their board when it was time to pick.
    Haha yeah I was just going with the narrative. But I am impressed by Carr. He says baller to me

Carr has been on the team's scouting report since early 2017. He should be a quality, developmental piece behind Jrue and E'twaun.

Thread Information