Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Draft 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I would love if we somehow got Frazier but I highly doubt it.
    Reminds me of last year, when I desperately wanted us to pick Ojeleye, and a year later he was playing for the Celtics in the conference finals.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Question, do you guys actively follow college ball? or just use sites that follow it? Any favorite mock draft sites?

Aaron Holiday to the Pacers.

Hope it don't happen, but looking more and more to me that Melvin Frazier goes to GSW at 28

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Reminds me of last year, when I desperately wanted us to pick Ojeleye, and a year later he was playing for the Celtics in the conference finals.
    Same about ojelye as well. I liked him in college.

What is the name of the 27yr old Australian dude?

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Same about ojelye as well. I liked him in college.

What is the name of the 27yr old Australian dude?
    Bernie Madoff
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Jrue get that Pacers hat off.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Hope it don't happen, but looking more and more to me that Melvin Frazier goes to GSW at 28
    Disgusting.

I really like Grayson Allen. I think the Jazz got a real steal in him. If he buys into Snyder’s system (like he did Coach K’s) he will have a long career like a Bob Sura type.

Disgusting.
    Tell me about it. He has the tools to be a great bench guy for them.

Also, in case no one noticed, all 3 Holiday brothers are on teams in the Central Time Zone.

Portland likes those undersized guards.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Tell me about it. He has the tools to be a great bench guy for them.
    I'd just like, for once, for things to not fall directly into their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Also, in case no one noticed, all 3 Holiday brothers are on teams in the Central Time Zone.

This is clearly the work of the Illuminati.

I'd just like, for once, for things to not fall directly into their hands.
    I was in Oakland last week (well SF, but I went to Almeda and Oakland at night). They definitely don’t have location goin for them. That is the least attractive place in California.

It's funny. I remember reading a post somewhere a while back, about white NBA draft picks ONLY being compared to other white NBA players. It's something that I'm actually paying attention to now, and man... it's kinda eerie.

It's funny. I remember reading a post somewhere a while back, about white NBA draft picks ONLY being compared to other white NBA players. It's something that I'm actually paying attention to now, and man... it's kinda eerie.
    If they're tall, they're Dirk, unless they can't shoot then they're Mark Eaton or Shawn Bradley.
    If they're shorter and can shoot, they're Kyle Korver, unless they can pass too and then they're Steve Nash.

No other comparisons are legal.

It's the same for black players of any league. Not a new phenomenon in the slightest.

I swear, if we just do nothing all night and then select some random player who will never touch the court at #51, and I wait up until 5am to discover that, I'm going to flip.

Landry Shamet looks like Derrick White got his head trapped in a hydraulic press.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Tonight might be a bit of a let down on our side of things...

I forgot about that Mitchell Robinson kid. There’s your DeAndre Jordan 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    It's the same for black players of any league. Not a new phenomenon in the slightest.
    The NBA draft is the only draft I really watch, so I'm not aware of anything similar for other sports. But at this point in the draft, where as I, someone from Alabama, and a Pelicans fan, I will take anything I can to give me a reason to watch.:P

I just get this crushing feeling that we're legit not even going to try and trade up to #45 or something, we're just gonna take #51, draft some dude I've never heard of who'll never play a single meaningful NBA minute, and Golden State are gonna draft Melvin Frazier and he'll end up being an all-rookie guy for them.

Only 20 picks to go!

Thread Information