Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Offseason Trades around the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Could he be thinking about going to Lakers?
    Who, Dwight? Or LBJ
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Who, Dwight? Or LBJ
    Well both actually, but D12 because of all the KL, PG13 LBJ hoopla

Well both actually, but D12 because of all the KL, PG13 LBJ hoopla
    It depends, I guess. He obviously could go, but with his bad history with the Lakers, I'd be surprised if he wanted to. Plus, I doubt they'd want him back there unless he was going to sign for the absolute minimum, which I also couldn't see. Anything could happen, of course.

Between me and you though, I don't think the Lakers are going to get anyone they want. Between the rumours that PG13 is staying in OKC, the Spurs outright stating they're not trading Kawhi in the West, and the fact that the Lakers will neither be ready to win, nor ready to pay LBJ the biggest deal (which CLE can), means that I feel like they're going to just miss out on basically everyone.

It depends, I guess. He obviously could go, but with his bad history with the Lakers, I'd be surprised if he wanted to. Plus, I doubt they'd want him back there unless he was going to sign for the absolute minimum, which I also couldn't see. Anything could happen, of course.

Between me and you though, I don't think the Lakers are going to get anyone they want. Between the rumours that PG13 is staying in OKC, the Spurs outright stating they're not trading Kawhi in the West, and the fact that the Lakers will neither be ready to win, nor ready to pay LBJ the biggest deal (which CLE can), means that I feel like they're going to just miss out on basically everyone.
    D12 may go the Cle. in that instance. Since he in 25m range, assume he gets B/O at 15 quickly and takes. Boston could take him at 10m on a 1yr deal. Again, anything possible.

D12 may go the Cle. in that instance. Since he in 25m range, assume he gets B/O at 15 quickly and takes. Boston could take him at 10m on a 1yr deal. Again, anything possible.
    Sure, I don't think he'd really work with Boston though. He doesn't fit their timeline, he's not really a good influence on their younger players, and they have a lot of fans yelling for them to resign Baynes, who would inevitably be cheaper.

Sure, I don't think he'd really work with Boston though. He doesn't fit their timeline, he's not really a good influence on their younger players, and they have a lot of fans yelling for them to resign Baynes, who would inevitably be cheaper.
    If he wants a ring, there's always that team that has/had Dwest if he retires, and a few others whose name I forget. Would have to be a min. but Rondo came here for 3 mil.

If he wants a ring, there's always that team that has/had Dwest if he retires, and a few others whose name I forget. Would have to be a min. but Rondo came here for 3 mil.
    Again, anything could happen, but I don't see Golden State going for Dwight. He can't stretch the floor at all (which D West can, to some extent) and he isn't a particularly good passer.

Again, anything could happen, but I don't see Golden State going for Dwight. He can't stretch the floor at all (which D West can, to some extent) and he isn't a particularly good passer.
    True, but maybe a bit better than Zaza and JaVale

True, but maybe a bit better than Zaza and JaVale
    Possibly, but they seem to be doing pretty well with JaVale in particular, and Dwight brings a whole lot of locker-room problems. The only reason I think CLE might still be willing to take him on is because they're absolutely desperate.

Possibly, but they seem to be doing pretty well with JaVale in particular, and Dwight brings a whole lot of locker-room problems. The only reason I think CLE might still be willing to take him on is because they're absolutely desperate.
    Just hope he doesn't have his sights set on NOLA. Not a fan, and would still have to cheer for him.

Just hope he doesn't have his sights set on NOLA. Not a fan, and would still have to cheer for him.
    If he does, it shouldn't really matter. We don't have any money anyway, assuming Boogie resigns, and if Boogie doesn't resign, then we have bigger problems than Dwight Howard.

As I typed this a new thread was shared. GOOD GRIEF!

Is the signing of D12 supposed to keep LeBron around in Cleveland, because Kobe hated Dwight, and after the Kylie fallout I wonder if LeBron would suffer a fool like Dwight on his team.

But a Dwight/Love lineup would be pretty interesting.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Rumor here in DFW the Hawks will take Doncic at #3, and the Mavs will take Trae young at #5.

They will swap those players (mavs sending Young to ATL and ATL sending Doncic to DFW) and ATL will send Bazemore to Dallas and Dallas sending Wes Matthews to ATL. Dallas will have to send something else but that's the rumor for now.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Rumor here in DFW the Hawks will take Doncic at #3, and the Mavs will take Trae young at #5.

They will swap those players (mavs sending Young to ATL and ATL sending Doncic to DFW) and ATL will send Bazemore to Dallas and Dallas sending Wes Matthews to ATL. Dallas will have to send something else but that's the rumor for now.
    Mavs are prepping to go all in on Boogie. Leave it to Cuban to try and screw over a division rival by forcing a bidding war.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Mavs are prepping to go all in on Boogie. Leave it to Cuban to try and screw over a division rival by forcing a bidding war.
    Leave it to any business person to beat out there competition.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

How in the actual hell are they getting gortat for rivers man wow
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    How in the actual hell are they getting gortat for rivers man wow

Deandre gone? Finally getting the trip to Dallas I guess?

Rumors are Dallas is trying to get DeAndre Jordan. I feel like that would give us the upper hand on signing Boogie. Whether we decide to keep him or S&T

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Deandre gone? Finally getting the trip to Dallas I guess?
    No get that but all they had to give up was rivers that's crazy.

How about Gallinari and a 2nd round pick for Ajinca and Hill?

Gallanari is injury prone, but he would be the best SF we have had in 10 years.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker View Post
    Rumors are Dallas is trying to get DeAndre Jordan. I feel like that would give us the upper hand on signing Boogie. Whether we decide to keep him or S&T
    Yep. I can see this trade as a sign of one of two things. A guarantee we are getting Boogie back to run with our current guys or a sign we could be doing a sign and trade to the Wiz. It would be a destination he would want to go I think. We get Porter????

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    Yep. I can see this trade as a sign of one of two things. A guarantee we are getting Boogie back to run with our current guys or a sign we could be doing a sign and trade to the Wiz. It would be a destination he would want to go I think. We get Porter????
    I'd still prefer Boogie back, but with Porter go after B Lopez

Thread Information